PDA

View Full Version : Your Programming Kit

pureIso
04-13-2011, 07:18 PM
For those of you that program, what programming software do you use?

Me - Visual Studios 2008 - Main (c++ and Basic)

Visual Studios 2005 for XNA
NetBeans for Java

mojobojo
05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
VS 2008 (rarely use, usually for things that require major debugging, a GUI, or .net), Notepad++, and gcc; I have no problem working without an IDE. Sometimes if I am doing something quick I will use nano so I don't have to switch back and forth between terminal and an editor.

Original Boss
05-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey i know you want replies with what we use but i might as well ask it here can any one point me in the right direction for leaning all this stuff i want to start learning so i can hopefully produce editors for my personal use and maybe a couple of editors for others to use im completely new so i dont know a thing so the newbiest tutorials would be much appreciated most probably something you guys learned from ? thanks and again sorry for asking this but it seemed a good place to ask hehe

mojobojo
05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Hey i know you want replies with what we use but i might as well ask it here can any one point me in the right direction for leaning all this stuff i want to start learning so i can hopefully produce editors for my personal use and maybe a couple of editors for others to use im completely new so i dont know a thing so the newbiest tutorials would be much appreciated most probably something you guys learned from ? thanks and again sorry for asking this but it seemed a good place to ask hehe

Post in the proper forum next time. If you don't know where it goes post in the general forum and the moderators will relocate it for you. As for your question, get Visual C# Express (http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2010-Visual-CS), look around the site for sources, and ask for help in the C# Discussion and Help Section (http://www.360haven.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?46-C-Discussion-and-Help).

v3n3
05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
VisualStudio 2010 - Mainly for C# (rarely XNA) and HTML
VisualStudio 2008 - C++ (Need to get ahold of the 20353 XeSDK, so I can delete this bitch :-P)
Eclipse - PHP

8Ball
05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate which is heavily underused & Notepad++ for when the regular notepad just isn't enough.
I was also eyeing up the kit for android development, haven't checked in a while but i think they released the idiot proof ide, i need an ide because i screwup way to often.

pureIso
05-10-2011, 12:20 PM
VS 2008 (rarely use, usually for things that require major debugging, a GUI, or .net), Notepad++, and gcc; I have no problem working without an IDE. Sometimes if I am doing something quick I will use nano so I don't have to switch back and forth between terminal and an editor.

Wow that is hardcore :O. I am so glad we have you here :) feel free to pass all your knowledge...to me :) Especially with xenon and power pc.

First of all find a language that you like. Look for books and tutuorials - youtube , appdev etc.
Learn Programming Language not only for editors but other things.

Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate which is heavily underused & Notepad++ for when the regular notepad just isn't enough.
I was also eyeing up the kit for android development, haven't checked in a while but i think they released the idiot proof ide, i need an ide because i screwup way to often.

I will never use 2010 version till they fix the intellisense for vc++.

SubZero
05-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate - C#, some C++
Eclipse Helios 3.6.2 - Java, HTML, JS, PHP, NSIS
Swish Max4 - Flash
Notepad++ - smaller things in HTML/PHP

brienj
05-29-2011, 10:39 PM
VS2008 for C/C++/C#
Notepad for Java, which I rarely do, but I have to have one thing I do old school
Hexeditor when coding a trainer in an xex

nnaatteedd
06-30-2011, 10:15 AM
Depends on what I'm doing, lol. I've got XNA 3.0 and 4.0, Visual Studio 08 and 10. Flash MX 04, GameMaker, TextPad and, VB 6 (seriously, lol).