PDA

View Full Version : Gears 3 Future Retail Bans.

slyfuldragon
04-21-2011, 09:43 PM
**Should have been posted in Xbox 360 Game News, lol sorry guys**

It was brought to my attention:

That there are a few versions of the Gears of War 3 Beta floating around on the Net.
(Some that are the REAL Pre-Order BETA) but,
One in particular is the one that ALLOWS you to update and play it before th 25th without Bulletstorm. (A.K.A: the VIP one)

[Now I checked my profile as well]
But it seems that it injects its signature into your profile instead on the Authentic GOW 3 BETA Token.
Now it is unclear as to if they are going to be doing Profile or System bans.
However they will be banning people from playing Gears of War 3 Online.

It is ALSO unclear in resolving this before the ban as methods like Downloading the Authentic Pre-Order GOW 3 Beta and playing it so the token over rights the "other" signature.

I would suggest deleting the VIP Gears 3 beta and clearing your system's cache before downloading and playing the Pre-Order Gears 3 beta to ATTEMPT correct the mistakes and avoid the upcoming Gears 3 Retail ban.

Paprika
04-22-2011, 08:30 AM
Saw that Flak from Unreal forums mention they want to ban retail copies, seriously stupid move its a damn beta, a test nothing more. So people download and play a copy of what is not the full version so what, isn't it in some regards a good thing that people go to these lengths to play it?

Yeah I'm playing an un-legit copy on an un-legit profile for that very purpose, I also have a authentic beta code from EB games waiting on my memory card, so either way I can play it, its just stupid them going to such lengths over a beta (No matter how much I am enjoying it, it is too much)

I also highly doubt they will do system bans as the argument could arise from the system being used by multiple people so you can argue that why am I getting penalized for what other people did on this system, that's just an example.
IP bans yeah it would work for those who don't have either a dynamic ip or know how to change their ip but other than that it is also pointless.
Profile bans will do shit since most people (Who are even a tiny nit cautious would be playing on a faux account

Its just really a scare tactic if anything to try to stop people playing which is a bit redundant considering that's what a beta is for...

WELLS51
04-22-2011, 12:13 PM
they're just playing psychological wafare using scare tactics to stop people from playing the beta they probably wont ban anyone for playing it a day early.

Twis7eD
04-22-2011, 07:31 PM
they're just playing psychological wafare using scare tactics to stop people from playing the beta they probably wont ban anyone for playing it a day early.
This is what I was thinking. I doubt they'll ban anyone. Plus the game isn't even that great. If they decide to ban me, then I just won't buy the game. There's no real loss in not buying the game, it feels almost exactly the same as GoW2 to me. It's a lose, lose situation for them IMO.

Renegade
04-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Campaign FTW, Multiplayer FTL

Paprika
04-23-2011, 04:49 AM
This is what I was thinking. I doubt they'll ban anyone. Plus the game isn't even that great. If they decide to ban me, then I just won't buy the game. There's no real loss in not buying the game, it feels almost exactly the same as GoW2 to me. It's a lose, lose situation for them IMO.

Campaign FTW, Multiplayer FTL

Feels like i'm the only one who is really enjoying the MP:(

Ravanofdarkness
04-23-2011, 05:28 PM
It wouldn't make sense them banning People for playing the Gears 3 Beta because all i could do is call them up and say: Hey whats up with you guys banning my Account/Console for playing the Gears 3 Beta that i copied over from my Friends Hard Drive" it's like copying a Demo from one hard drive to another. It's their fault for not making it Console Locked.

Also, they get more People to test out their Multiplayer Beta to improve it in the Final Game. If they start banning People for something this Stupid they might start banning everyone that downloads Game Demo's off the Marketplace.

Game Wizard
04-23-2011, 07:39 PM
for the vip one are you talking about the bulletstorm one ?

Creeative316
04-23-2011, 08:58 PM
he"s talkin about vip beta that has some data in stored in the profile that epic can detect and ban for future retails

slyfuldragon
04-24-2011, 10:11 PM
What I think they'll do is, they might not retail ban right away only because well.... they'll loose money.
They'll wait til like the first couple of months or so then possibly retail ban from online Gears 3 Activity like Turn 10 did for Forza 3.

All the denial kids keep flaming myself and everyone who agrees with me ( on *coughTTGcough*), lol well thats all fine but like I told them, those are the same kids who said they won't ban you off of Forza 3, I told them not right away at least. Still didn't believe me and guess what happened?

****ing TTG kiddie 'tards...

caaiiique
05-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Feels like i'm the only one who is really enjoying the MP:(

i really enjoy the MP too :DD

pureIso
05-23-2011, 10:01 AM
:( I really want to play this!!!!!!

Paprika
05-24-2011, 02:50 AM
:( I really want to play this!!!!!!

Yeah, i'm lost for MP now that it has finished:( September is to far away

bigislander
05-31-2011, 09:38 PM
I might jus pass on gears this year, if anything ill pick it up like 4 months later lol