PDA

View Full Version : Kojima: I Want to Make Metal Gear Rising 2 with Platinum

BrayWyatt
02-22-2013, 11:06 PM
http://spong.com/article/29051/Kojima-I-Want-to-Make-Metal-Gear-Rising-2-with-Platinum

http://cdn2.spong.com/screen-shot/m/e/metalgears361512l/_-Kojima-I-Want-to-Make-Metal-Gear-Rising-2-with-Platinum-_.jpg

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima has heaped a huge amount of praise on Metal Gear Rising developer Platinum Games, revealing that he would like to make a sequel to the action spinoff and would only consider partnering with the Bayonetta studio for the job.

In a roundtable attended by SPOnG, the producer also opined that Platinum is just a technological upgrade away from being "a world class studio."

"As far as [Metal Gear] Rising 2 is concerned, I really do have that in my mind, and I want to make it," Kojima explained. "And if we do make it, it would definitely be with Platinum. I don’t think anyone else could do it.

"Of course, my ulterior motive is that if Rising 2 came out, it would be guaranteed to sell! Which means that I wouldn’t have to worry about that with [new project, Metal Gear Solid] Ground Zeroes. I can just do whatever I want!" Kojima reveals more about his intentions for Ground Zeroes right here.

"Honestly, I’ve been making games for over 25 years and the state that this game was in when it went to Platinum... was really a mess! The fact that they were able to pull it off is very impressive," said Kojima on the troubled development process for Metal Gear Rising. He added that his one worry about Platinum taking on the job was its reputation for taking its time with projects.

"Platinum makes excellent games, there’s no arguing about that - but they’re not very good at honouring schedules," he laughed. "I made it clear that in order to succeed on a worldwide scale, you not only have to make a good product, but you also have to keep a tight schedule. This time, they came through and delivered the product on time. I think even [Hideki] Kamiya-san was surprised!"

Then comes the bromance. "Really, Platinum’s team is great at creating action games. They do it better than anyone else. I love them personally, as individuals... and now they’re able to do things to schedule as well! That’s very important.

"The one thing I think they can still improve on is their technological level. Their technology is not quite up to par, so maybe for the next project if we did something with them, we would maybe have them use the FOX engine. Or, perhaps their next generation engine. I’m not sure. But it’s the only point I would improve.

"If they did manage to get their technology up to par, then they would really be a world class studio."

CloudStrife7x
02-22-2013, 11:09 PM
i really do hope they make a second game the first one is awesome :053: cool news shared Sterling :D

BrayWyatt
02-22-2013, 11:17 PM
i just finished the game (on easy) & starting it on normal difficulty.

I C0z I
02-23-2013, 12:34 AM
good new thank :112:

thegutta
02-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Awesome news Archer thanks for sharing :)

Daimashin
02-23-2013, 05:00 AM
If they do make a sequel, I hope they won't pull another Bayonetta 2 crap and make it an exclusive to one platform.

VinceRusso
04-07-2013, 06:19 PM
mgs is the best playstation series ever
thank you kojima

alpha one
05-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I love MGR it was so fun. Cant wait for blade wolf DLC.