PDA

View Full Version : Can someone fix my Baconing save?

BooBooKitty
03-14-2013, 05:00 PM
i was playing through the game on insane and i got right near the end of the game (hell area) and the game decided to switch back to easy and i can't put it back to insane again for some reason and as you can imagine after playing through the game again for a 2nd time only for the game to screw you over is not fun

i had asked one guy before that has a DEV kit and could make starter saves on insane but he stopped msging me

so if someone else has a similar set up could they try and switch my save back to insane please and i can then upload a save before the last boss for everyone to get this stupid achievement done easier

i have enclosed the DLC required to load my save too

http://www.mediafire.com/?g36f7wnnvxcbabn

Sephiroth
03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
It happens if you at any time during the game did not use Insane difficulty.
Switched for a boss? No achievement.
Didn't start on Insane, but switch to it later? No achievement.
You have to start, play, and finish on Insane.
-
-

That sucks bro.

8Ball
03-14-2013, 05:51 PM
I was conducting research on this game a while back, it's simply not as good as deathspank 2 is it? Now THAT was awesome.
For what it's worth i'll fire up the workshop and have a crack at it, i believe i last left my research off fighting an unknown checksum, not a problem anymore i think, failing that i'll refer it to one of the other lads. Probably the EA Checksum from what I've been reading.

Since you can't switch it back theres obviously a flag in the save but the question is does the achievment unlock check it or is it simply a method of locking out the difficulty. If the latter we simply change a 1 to a 4 or whatever insane is and there we are, if not we are looking at some major surgery. :071:

BooBooKitty
03-14-2013, 07:16 PM
I was conducting research on this game a while back, it's simply not as good as deathspank 2 is it? Now THAT was awesome.
For what it's worth i'll fire up the workshop and have a crack at it, i believe i last left my research off fighting an unknown checksum, not a problem anymore i think, failing that i'll refer it to one of the other lads. Probably the EA Checksum from what I've been reading.

Since you can't switch it back theres obviously a flag in the save but the question is does the achievment unlock check it or is it simply a method of locking out the difficulty. If the latter we simply change a 1 to a 4 or whatever insane is and there we are, if not we are looking at some major surgery. :071:

Hi right as far as i know the difficulty is somewhere on the save, the whole problem arised cause i started a new save on my MU from loading my original save from my HDD that had insane unlocked and i clicked in the options and accidently checked the game settings so it reverted it back to casual again

i know very little about hex editing but i did fiddle around with a fresh insane save and a causual save and when i copied and pasted the code inside it did make my save to casual again so the data for insane is there somewhere

i can upload a fresh casual and insane save if needed if that will help find the value

8Ball
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Indeed it would, I've found what i believe to be the checksum I'm just currently bruteforcing the parameters of it (start and length), its a 32 bit regardless, at the end of where the actual data stops which means the more progress you make, the further down in the save it goes.
On a smaller save like the ones you mention i imagine this would be so much easier, i'm also going to examine the xex, i might get lucky and find the code i'm after.

Could you also list the stats to go with them such as playtime, level, gold etc etc just so i can get a feel for the layout.

BooBooKitty
03-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Indeed it would, I've found what i believe to be the checksum I'm just currently bruteforcing the parameters of it (start and length), its a 32 bit regardless, at the end of where the actual data stops which means the more progress you make, the further down in the save it goes.
On a smaller save like the ones you mention i imagine this would be so much easier, i'm also going to examine the xex, i might get lucky and find the code i'm after.

Could you also list the stats to go with them such as playtime, level, gold etc etc just so i can get a feel for the layout.

ok cool thanks :)

i will make 2 new saves for you one that is on casual and one that is on insane, would it be easier for you if the save is fresh with no stats on it so you could see the difference if they are both the same but on different difficulties?

ok i'll post up what info i can

UPDATE : i'll be a few mins with the saves im running into a few odd things right now like not having the ability to start a game on insane but i unlocked it AGAIN after beating the last boss again, so i tried my save i uploaded then i got a fatal crash thing so im gonna fiddle around for a min to see if i can work out what is going on

UPDATE 2 : it crashed again when i click contine on my save, wtf is going on

UPDATE 3 : well it appears my save has killed it self somehow, how i have no idea as it was working before it messed up and i haven't touched it since today, i ran it through a checker and a lot of the values where false for some reason so i cleared them so they where all true and loaded up the save and it still fatal crashes my xbox so im starting to think my save is just fucked and i have to start all over again which tbh i don't really feel like playing through AGAIN FOR A 3RD TIME!!! but if i get bored enough i might have another go one day

stupid game