PDA

View Full Version : How to edit Crysis 2 [profile.xml]

JizzaBeez
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Since there are a bajillion (that's a lot) threads about Crysis2 and none really tell how to edit the gamesave I decided to make a new thread...

1. First you get your Crysis2 gamesave from your MU.
2. Then extract the "profile.xml" file from the gamesave.
3. Then you will need the Crysis 2 Toolkit by fairchild (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2142&highlight=crysis). It is used to decrypt and encrypt the files in the gamesave. Review his thread and learn how to use his tool and command prompt!
4. After decrypting the "profile.xml" file you can then edit anything you want in it.
-weapons
-attachments
-levels (and by difficulty)
-emails
-souvenirs
-flashbacks
-dog tags
-music
-videos
-car keys
-etc.

Here is how to unlock most of the items. You'd simply change value="0" to value="1":
*Note: Be aware of what value the item uses representing "unlocked". Some use "1" and some use "2" (not sure why).

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_AttachmentUnlocked/mike" value="1"/>For a few things you have to put the item name and unlocked like this (these are 13/15 weapon attachments. For some reason I can't get the last 2.):

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_AttachmentUnlocked" value="AssaultScope,1,Detonator,1,ExtendedClip,1,GaussAtt achment,1,GrenadeLauncher,1,GrendelIronsight,1,KVo ltIronsight,1,LaserSight,1,LightShotgun,1,MK60Iron sight,1,PistolLaserSight,1,Reflex,1,ScarabIronsigh t,1,Silencer,1,SilencerPistol,1,Single,1,SniperSco pe,1,"/>And for level difficulties, you'd have the name and the "unlocked" value represents the difficulty completed like:
-"1" = Recruit
-"2" = Normal
-"3" = Veteran
-"4" = Super Soldier
(these are all levels completed on Super Soldier)

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPLevelByDifficulty" value="alienvessel,4,batterypark,4,bryantpark,4,centralpa rk,4,centralstation,4,cityhall,4,convoy,4,downtown ,4,fdr,4,floodedstreets,4,hive,4,intro,4,madisonsq uare,4,prism,4,roosevelt,4,spear,4,terminal,4,time ssquare,4,warehouse,4,"/>If the line of code is for a count of something then the number can be whatever you want or need for a specific achievement, like "Slide Kills". Just be sure to set the number one less than what the achievement calls for to unlock and then get one more in-game to get the achievement. In some cases if you set the number higher then the achievement won't unlock because it thinks it already has...

Here is the line for the Nano Suit points (change the "value" to whatever):

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EIPS_AlienEnergyCollected" value="99999"/>Here are the lines for all collectibles:
-Dog Tags

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPDogtagsByCharacter" value="dogtag_alcatraz,2,dogtag_barclay,2,dogtag_cell,2,d ogtag_chino,2,dogtag_civilians,2,dogtag_gould,2,do gtag_grunt,2,dogtag_hargreave,2,dogtag_heavy,2,dog tag_infected,2,dogtag_lockhart,2,dogtag_marines,2, dogtag_pinger,2,dogtag_prophet,2,dogtag_stalker,2, dogtag_tara,2,dogtag_tick,2,"/>-Email

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPEmailByName" value="email_collectible_01,2,email_collectible_02,2,emai l_collectible_03,2,email_collectible_04,2,email_co llectible_05,2,email_collectible_06,2,email_collec tible_07,2,email_collectible_08,2,email_collectibl e_09,2,email_collectible_10,2,"/>-Flashbacks

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPFlashbacksByName" value="flashback_01,2,flashback_02,2,flashback_03,2,flash back_04,2,flashback_05,2,flashback_06,2,flashback_ 07,2,prophetsjourney,2,"/>-Car Keys

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPKeysByVehicle" value="carkey_alien_dropship,2,carkey_alien_gunship,2,car key_cell_apc,2,carkey_cell_helicopter,2,carkey_cel l_ltv,2,carkey_civilian_vehicles,2,carkey_marine_i cv,2,carkey_marine_ltv,2,carkey_ny_bus,2,carkey_ny _firetruck,2,carkey_ny_taxi,2,"/>-Levels (by Difficulty)

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPLevelByDifficulty" value="alienvessel,4,batterypark,4,bryantpark,4,centralpa rk,4,centralstation,4,cityhall,4,convoy,4,downtown ,4,fdr,4,floodedstreets,4,hive,4,intro,4,madisonsq uare,4,prism,4,roosevelt,4,spear,4,terminal,4,time ssquare,4,warehouse,4,"/>-Music

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPMusicByName" value="music_alienvessel_01,2,music_alienvessel_02,2,musi c_batterypark_01,2,music_batterypark_02,2,music_br yantpark_01,2,music_bryantpark_02,2,music_centralp ark_01,2,music_centralpark_02,2,music_centralpark_ 03,2,music_centralstation_01,2,music_centralstatio n_02,2,music_cityhall_01,2,music_cityhall_02,2,mus ic_convoy_01,2,music_convoy_02,2,music_downtown_01 ,2,music_downtown_02,2,music_fdr_01,2,music_fdr_02 ,2,music_floodedstreets_01,2,music_floodedstreets_ 02,2,music_hive_01,2,music_hive_02,2,music_intro_0 1,2,music_madisonsquare_01,2,music_madisonsquare_0 2,2,music_prism_01,2,music_prism_02,2,music_roosev elt_01,2,music_roosevelt_02,2,music_roosevelt_03,2 ,music_spear_01,2,music_spear_02,2,music_spear_03, 2,music_terminal_01,2,music_terminal_02,2,music_ti messquare_01,2,music_timessquare_02,2,music_timess quare_03,2,music_warehouse_01,2,music_warehouse_02 ,2,music_warehouse_03,2,"/>-Souvenirs

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPSouvenirsByLevel" value="alienvessel,2,batterypark,2,bryantpark,2,centralpa rk,2,centralstation,2,cityhall,2,convoy,2,downtown ,2,fdr,2,floodedstreets,2,hive,2,madisonsquare,2,p rism,2,roosevelt,2,spear,2,terminal,2,timessquare, 2,warehouse,2,"/>-Speed Cameras

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPSpeedCameraByName" value="speed_camera_1,1,speed_camera_10,1,speed_camera_2, 1,speed_camera_3,1,speed_camera_4,1,speed_camera_5 ,1,speed_camera_6,1,speed_camera_7,1,speed_camera_ 8,1,speed_camera_9,1,"/>-Videos

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EMPS_SPVideoByName" value="alienvessel,2,batterypark,2,bryantpark,2,centralpa rk,2,centralstation,2,cityhall,2,convoy,2,downtown ,2,fdr,2,floodedstreets,2,gameresolution,2,hive,2, intro,2,madisonsquare,2,nanosuit_showroom,1,prism, 2,prism2,1,roosevelt,2,spear,2,terminal,2,timessqu are,2,warehouse,2,"/>5. After editing the decrypted "profile.xml" file encrypt it back with the Toolkit.
6. And then replace the file in the gamesave with the newly edited/encrypted one.
7. Finally, rehash and resign the gamesave.

Well that's the basics of it. Most things can be unlocked and edited by these tips.

BrayWyatt
05-02-2011, 08:14 PM
how about the nano points?

JizzaBeez
05-03-2011, 01:19 AM
how about the nano points?

Did you even read the post?

Here is the line for the Nano Suit points (change the "value" to whatever):

<Attr name="SP/PersistantStats/EIPS_AlienEnergyCollected" value="99999"/>

BrayWyatt
05-03-2011, 01:37 AM
i just went through it. i didnt even see it the first time.

DragonChild
05-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Probably a really noobish question but i've managed to decrypt my profile.xml how do I edit it?

JizzaBeez
05-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Probably a really noobish question but i've managed to decrypt my profile.xml how do I edit it?

Open the file in Notepad or any text editor. This program Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) is much better than the regular Windows Notepad, it supports many different code languages and makes editing a lot easier.

v3n3
05-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Really nice.
I thought they store that info inside the Profile ... looks like Im wrong :-/

majorspawn
05-07-2011, 04:04 AM
5. After editing the decrypted "profile.xml" file encrypt it back with the Toolkit.
6. And then replace the file in the gamesave with the newly edited/encrypted one.
7. Finally, rehash and resign the gamesave.

using version 1.1 of the toolkit, can follow all steps until step 5. When the tool encrypts the file back up the output file in only 1kb in size, decryption / editing in notepad ++is okay etc. Anyone having this problem?
i have attached my modified profile file here:
http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?2142-Crysis-2-CryEngine-3-Crypto-Toolkit&p=14078#post14078

Did you even read the post?

Has anyone actually successfully modified their profile.xml?
I have modded just the nanos as per above, encrypted and injected back to the crysis2 file using Le fluffie (modio didnt work). The game resumes from my last save point however the nanos revert back to 0 and unlocked abilities all lock. Are these changes only applicable to a new game?
can someone please clarify from their own experiance?

Renegade
05-08-2011, 11:54 AM
Has anyone actually successfully modified their profile.xml?
I have modded just the nanos as per above, encrypted and injected back to the crysis2 file using Le fluffie (modio didnt work). The game resumes from my last save point however the nanos revert back to 0 and unlocked abilities all lock. Are these changes only applicable to a new game?
can someone please clarify from their own experiance?Works fine for me, Have you gotten to the part after you find the first alien? It wouldn't work for me until i collected some nano points from pwning aliens, I guess this is normal.

majorspawn
05-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Works fine for me, Have you gotten to the part after you find the first alien? It wouldn't work for me until i collected some nano points from pwning aliens, I guess this is normal.

yes i did, my original save had 300 nanos on it, after changing to 99999 or 9999 or 75000 it reverts to 0, After collecting new nanos from that point the counter just goes up. I can send you a copy of all the files to have a look at before and after. Like I said i tried with only the nanos modded and the save works cos i can resume the game. PS: the other stats also rest like the extras menu content and unlockables there as well as unlocked gun upgrades and existing abilities i unlocked earlier. Not too sure at this sage. I know that if i did the process incorrectly the save would not work at all or it would say its corrupted but it doesnt'. Im using Le Fluffie to extract and notepad ++ for editing.

JizzaBeez
05-09-2011, 08:53 AM
yes i did, my original save had 300 nanos on it, after changing to 99999 or 9999 or 75000 it reverts to 0, After collecting new nanos from that point the counter just goes up. I can send you a copy of all the files to have a look at before and after. Like I said i tried with only the nanos modded and the save works cos i can resume the game. PS: the other stats also rest like the extras menu content and unlockables there as well as unlocked gun upgrades and existing abilities i unlocked earlier. Not too sure at this sage. I know that if i did the process incorrectly the save would not work at all or it would say its corrupted but it doesnt'. Im using Le Fluffie to extract and notepad ++ for editing.

Post an unmodified (straight from MU) gamesave and I'll do it for you.

majorspawn
05-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Post an unmodified (straight from MU) gamesave and I'll do it for you.

attached, thank you

JizzaBeez
05-09-2011, 12:31 PM
attached, thank you

Here you go, you should have "99999" nano points. It's already rehashed and resigned as well.

Edit: I removed the attachments because they had your IDs on them... Just a safety precaution.

majorspawn
05-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Here you go, you should have "99999" nano points. It's already rehashed and resigned as well.

thanks that's awesome, will test out soon. Really appreciate the effort.

Doctor_Hyde
05-11-2011, 06:14 AM
Total n00b here but I'm having some trouble. The nano points edit worked just fine but the weapons attachment edits aren't working at all. Also, my profile.xml didn't have emails, car keys, in it for some reason. I have flashbacks, videos, dogtags, etc. but no car keys... not sure what's going on there. Anyone have a workaround for this or did I do something moronic? I rehashed and resigned using Horizon. Otherwise a great tool though.

JizzaBeez
05-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Total n00b here but I'm having some trouble. The nano points edit worked just fine but the weapons attachment edits aren't working at all. Also, my profile.xml didn't have emails, car keys, in it for some reason. I have flashbacks, videos, dogtags, etc. but no car keys... not sure what's going on there. Anyone have a workaround for this or did I do something moronic? I rehashed and resigned using Horizon. Otherwise a great tool though.

The collectables and some other things will not appear in the gamesave unless you have collected them or accessed it in-game. But if you don't see the line of xml for it then you should be able to insert it in, just be sure you do it correctly...

charlie_waxx
05-31-2011, 11:22 PM
sry guys,

i don´t get it :-r

is there a way to give unlimited suit energy :helpsmilie: (i´m german and my english is not that good, so i don´t understand everything that is written in this profile data)

edit: my box is jtagged. is there an other possibility to mod the suit energy?

Azrael
06-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Thanks JizzaBeez, excellent research. This will be helpful once I get the game :D

JizzaBeez
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks JizzaBeez, excellent research. This will be helpful once I get the game :D

There's really no research. The XML file is in plain English. If you can read English then you can edit the file.

And for JTAG, I'm sure there are mods you can do but I don't have a JTAG so I don't know...

I had planned on making an editor for this but have not had time yet...

jumanji72
06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the tuto jizz, but I think it not have been using it, too many things and finally I mistaken at something, I find it very difficult for me.

kterka24
08-20-2011, 08:55 PM
keep ending up with a corrupted file

ThunderSoul
09-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Hi guys, I have a question! Please help! :)

"1. First you get your Crysis2 gamesave from your MU."
What is MU?

"2. Then extract the "profile.xml" file from the gamesave."
How do I extract profile.xml from the savegame? Using PC... ^_^

Thanks, I apprecaite it! :)

-TS...

Nastyweasel
09-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi guys, I have a question! Please help! :)

"1. First you get your Crysis2 gamesave from your MU."
What is MU?

"2. Then extract the "profile.xml" file from the gamesave."
How do I extract profile.xml from the savegame? Using PC... ^_^

Thanks, I apprecaite it! :)

-TS...

an MU is Memory Unit or Flash Drive AKA USB Stick for the newer xbox

to extract the profile.xml from the save you can use the program Le Fluffie im sure there is others but thats the one i use

zankari
09-29-2011, 04:54 PM
What would i need to edit if i wanted more unlock points for mp? I found the lines to edit a few perks but want to unlock them or modify my levels.

milldogtjm
04-14-2015, 03:56 AM
How about the energy level and the ammo level as in the string for them sir.