PDA

View Full Version : black ops 2 dlc question

covya
03-21-2013, 11:38 PM
right guys, basically, I own the season pass for black ops II, but I may have accidentally got myself banned from xbox live... I know that a retail console can't play dlc that its downloaded from an external source, but isn't that because it doesn't have the licence? idk, I have noticed that I still get to download updates whenever I go onto a game, but obviously I can't get on to the marketplace to download the maps once they come out, but like I say, I do have the season pass so I technically have the licenses. has anyone got any ideas how I can get the map packs once they come out?

I'm not sure if this is the right section, sorry!

Renegade
03-22-2013, 12:00 AM
right guys, basically, I own the season pass for black ops II, but I may have accidentally got myself banned from xbox live... I know that a retail console can't play dlc that its downloaded from an external source, but isn't that because it doesn't have the licence? idk, I have noticed that I still get to download updates whenever I go onto a game, but obviously I can't get on to the marketplace to download the maps once they come out, but like I say, I do have the season pass so I technically have the licenses. has anyone got any ideas how I can get the map packs once they come out?

I'm not sure if this is the right section, sorry!How could you be banned if you are receiving updates from the XBL server?

covya
03-22-2013, 12:01 AM
its my profile thats banned, not my console, so my console is still connected to xbox live, and hence downloads the updates I guess?
what about if someone uploaded the map pack file thats on their hdd? I know it wouldn't work for most people trying to get it for free, but would it work because my gt already has the licence? or is the data that each profile downloads unique to it? I don't care if I can still only play it on my banned profile, thats fine!

Bongmantv
03-22-2013, 12:07 AM
The dlc should work for any gamer tag on the console that originally downloaded it, as long as you have not removed it because you will not be able to download it with a different GT.

covya
03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
The dlc should work for any gamer tag on the console that originally downloaded it, as long as you have not removed it because you will not be able to download it with a different GT.
yea, the maps that I already have will work fine, but I have bought the season pass on the banned profile, which means I own the maps that haven't been released yet. however, I won't be able to actually download them once they are released, because I'm banned from live so I can't get onto the market place

Renegade
03-22-2013, 12:23 AM
When you purchase Content on XBL (minus Avatar Items) You get 2 licenses. One for the console and one for the profile.

You may use the content with any profile if the content is licensed to the console. So you can play it even if you're offline. That is the primary license.

The secondary one is licensed to the profile. You cannot use the content until you sign into the xbl server with the profile it's licensed. Once you sign into it you can use the content on any console as long as you sign into the profile to play it.

covya
03-22-2013, 12:37 AM
When you purchase Content on XBL (minus Avatar Items) You get 2 licenses. One for the console and one for the profile.

You may use the content with any profile if the content is licensed to the console. So you can play it even if you're offline. That is the primary license.

The secondary one is licensed to the profile. You cannot use the content until you sign into the xbl server with the profile it's licensed. Once you sign into it you can use the content on any console as long as you sign into the profile to play it.

NVM, I've just been told that the season pass doesn't work like that, I don't actually have the licenses yet, it just lets me download the licenses for free, but, because I can't connect, there's no way to get the licenses :( oh well, I was thinking about buying myself an old banned jtag just to entertain myself until the next gen of consoles is released anyway, so i'll be able to get the maps for free on there anyway, right?

Renegade
03-22-2013, 12:50 AM
NVM, I've just been told that the season pass doesn't work like that, I don't actually have the licenses yet, it just lets me download the licenses for free, but, because I can't connect, there's no way to get the licenses :( oh well, I was thinking about buying myself an old banned jtag just to entertain myself until the next gen of consoles is released anyway, so i'll be able to get the maps for free on there anyway, right?If you have the content patch or use a tool to unlock them yes. Remember you won't be able to go online unless you're playing on System Link.

covya
03-22-2013, 12:55 AM
If you have the content patch or use a tool to unlock them yes. Remember you won't be able to go online unless you're playing on System Link.
Yea, I know, I wasn't buying it to go online, just to download trainers and stuff to add a little something extra to some of my older games haha, thanks for your help!

OrbitalChiplegend
03-23-2013, 09:59 PM
For what I know it will probably be something wrong with your xbox if it doesn't work on any other accounts.

TheHitmanLandon
03-25-2013, 05:29 AM
1 post is enough there young grass hoper