PDA

View Full Version : Question About Achievement Modding

SorrowsShadow
05-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Guys/Gals,

Was just wondering about the unlocking of Achievements using the variety of tools out there which allow you too...

How exactly do the unlocking of online achievements work, and what I mean by that is, you select your achievement, give it a date/time stamp of say 01/05/2011 at 20:00:11 - surely "Server Side" @ MS it wouldnt match up? How exactly would people get away with that?

OBviously it's not about setting future dates, or dates ages ago - and i assume a date you was actually online but I just don't get how it can possibly be "safe"

...Yess that win 10 ranked in a row on MK is annoying me!!

Also - apologies if this is the wrong section!

blacksnight
05-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Guys/Gals,

Was just wondering about the unlocking of Achievements using the variety of tools out there which allow you too...

How exactly do the unlocking of online achievements work, and what I mean by that is, you select your achievement, give it a date/time stamp of say 01/05/2011 at 20:00:11 - surely "Server Side" @ MS it wouldnt match up? How exactly would people get away with that?

OBviously it's not about setting future dates, or dates ages ago - and i assume a date you was actually online but I just don't get how it can possibly be "safe"

...Yess that win 10 ranked in a row on MK is annoying me!!

Also - apologies if this is the wrong section! just doing everything right n part of it is luck.......

pureIso
05-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Please stay away from unlocking achievement online chances of getting reset are very high. On the other side it's your profile :)

xICEMANx117
05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Please stay away from unlocking achievement online chances of getting reset are very high. On the other side it's your profile :)

yea i agree a friend of mine unlocked 1 achievement just ONE and his whole 65,000 Gamerscore got reset and he has never been able to get another achievement he cant earn back his old ones at all he can olny get ones that he has never earned he finally got tired of it and started a new profile and his account got reset over a year ago

Ravanofdarkness
05-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I Didn't think People still mod Achievements because of the big risk of getting banned.

xICEMANx117
05-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I Didn't think People still mod Achievements because of the big risk of getting banned.

Really No Point to it I mean with all the Modding going on or people that have the POP saves

Insane JIC
05-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Use a gamesave, but don't over do it.

v3n3
05-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I think a GameSave is the worse thing you can do.
You cant control in the end what the game will do, in which order it will unlock Achievements and how many it will unlock.
On the other hand the only way to make 100% sure everything looks as-legit-as-possible (from a technical side) its the best way to use a GameSave ... but tools can reproduce that :-P

In the end, if you really want to use a tool and be on the "safe" side of this, NEVER unlock an Achievement which is meant to be made online. Even with a legit-looking Timestamp, since we dont know if m$ logs when were online / what were doing.
I personally wouldnt do it.

EDIT:
Ok, the Worse thing is Hex-Editing Achievements by hand ...

deviant360
06-02-2011, 02:02 AM
also you will labeled as a cheater in your gamerzone!

iisengi
06-11-2011, 04:20 PM
modding the game is automatically make easier to get achievment.
so, why take the risk get banned for eternity???

Emerald Lance
06-13-2011, 04:42 AM
I've modded plenty of offline achievements, but I'll never touch the online stuff. You're very right, the times won't match up with Microsoft's servers, and it will raise an automatic red flag. Hell, even with the offline ones, I make sure to update my recent played list and stay offline for a few days to make it at least look legit. Modding achievements is a dangerous business, I'd recommend staying as far away from it as you can. Of course, if it's any consolation, I do know how you feel; for some reason, I can't earn achievements for Front Mission Evolved, so I'm going to be forced to hack at least the offline ones in order to even have them.

yangmina
06-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Big Risk. Achivement Modding is Profile Edit.

PUR3 RAF3X
06-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Yes thats very Danger and it`s very high MS detect you and restore you Gamescore.
The best is use Save set and unlock single achievement. When you use a single loade&pop save this is danger too the achievement pop up random all can see you are a Cheater.