PDA

View Full Version : I really need your help guys!

Insane JIC
05-07-2011, 07:01 AM
This is by far my worst day of the week.

My xbox 360 usb drive got corrupted somehow, every time I plug it in on my pc it says that I have to format the damn thing, I refuse to format because I have some really important save files in the usb drive. This is the first time this happens.

You guys are my last hope, otherwise I'll have to start all over again.

pureIso
05-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Why not run disk check on it :) believe it or not but it cure a lot of problems.

Insane JIC
05-07-2011, 07:09 AM
that's the thing it won't let me. It says I have to format the usb

EDIT: wow it just did it to my other one...this sucks

Sephiroth
05-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Does it also say format if you plug it on your xbox?
If not then transfer all of your files to your hdd.

Insane JIC
05-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Does it also say format if you plug it on your xbox?
If not then transfer all of your files to your hdd.

Yeah, I think is the xbox cause it just did it to my other usb drive.

pureIso
05-07-2011, 07:24 AM
Run a disk check and it will tell you to restart, plug in your usb during restart and it should check it.

Insane JIC
05-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Ah screw it!!! I should've backed up my data when I had the chance. I ended it breaking that damn drive, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sephiroth
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Ah screw it!!! I should've backed up my data when I had the chance. I ended it breaking that damn drive, DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to format your usb stick/drive and then retrieve all your data with a recovery tool like.. undelete.

Emerald Lance
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
There's another point that needs to be mentioned: a USB drive that's been formatted for the 360 will show up as either corrupt or empty on a PC. In order to get into the files, you'd need a program that can understand the 360's format (I use Modio).

Or is it that you ARE using one of these programs and it shows up corrupt in that program?

Paprika
05-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Have you tried a data recovery tool yet? You should be able to grab your stuff off the usb even if it still wants to be formated, and I do believe you can still grab your content even after the format (Though try doing it before the format first)

Insane JIC
05-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Have you tried a data recovery tool yet? You should be able to grab your stuff off the usb even if it still wants to be formated, and I do believe you can still grab your content even after the format (Though try doing it before the format first)

Like I said I broke the damn thing, as in put it in the blender and hit the on button.

msc1992
05-30-2011, 05:47 PM
I would say copy those saves onto your xbox 360 HD. Then format it twice over to work on the pc then xbox. An' try again. I have had this issue before. Or get the xbox transfer cable and use xplorer instead of a usb stick.

Ryudo
05-30-2011, 06:52 PM
There's another point that needs to be mentioned: a USB drive that's been formatted for the 360 will show up as either corrupt or empty on a PC. In order to get into the files, you'd need a program that can understand the 360's format (I use Modio).

Or is it that you ARE using one of these programs and it shows up corrupt in that program?

No that's not true.

When you plugin an USB that's been formatted for 360 usage, it simply has all the 'saves' and 'profile data' stored into "Data" files that are totaling equal the size of your USB Drive.

In my case I have a 4GB USB Drive, and it says there's 6 Data Files equaling a total of 3.74 GB.

See here:
http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/5286/xbox360usbbackup.jpg

The other part is correct though, in order to access these files you'll need to have a proper tool.

In short though, the USB does not show as empty/corrupt. You simply have to turn on the ability in Windows to see hidden files.