PDA

View Full Version : Japanese lab invents Internet kissing machine

Paprika
05-08-2011, 05:56 AM
We admit to being sort of creeped out by this: A Japanese lab has created a device that may let let you "French kiss" someone over the Internet.

And by "kiss," we mean waggle your tongue on a plastic straw, thereby making another plastic straw waggle remotely on someone else's tongue.

Hot, huh?

Well, the folks at Tokyo's Kajimoto Laboratory say it's just the beginning of what could become a full-on person-to-person experience over the Internet.

The lab, part of The University of Electro-Communications, posted a video in which a researcher demonstrates the "Kiss Transmission Device." It's a motorized box that looks a little like a police Breathalyzer.

Watch the video of the "Kiss Transmission Device" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PspagsTFvlg)

In the video, Nobuhiro Takahashi, a graduate student and researcher at the university, manipulates the plastic tube on one device with his tongue. A program stores the movements on a computer and then transmits them to another device, causing its tube to move -- presumably in someone else's mouth.

The idea is to help lovers -- in long-distance relationships, say -- by transmitting the tactile sensation of kissing from one person to another. The lab is running both devices on the same computer, but says a system could be set up to connect them via the Web.

"Kiss information" can be recorded and replayed, presumably meaning someone could save and share a "kiss" over and over.

"For example, if you have a popular entertainer use this device and record it, that could be hugely popular if you offer it to fans," Takahashi says. (Can you say, "Justin Bieber"?)

The researchers seem to realize that most people might not exactly find licking a plastic tube a suitable replacement for sucking face. But there are refinements on the way, they say.

"The elements of a kiss include the sense of taste, the manner of breathing and the moistness of the tongue," Takahashi said. "If we can re-create all of those, I think it will be a really powerful device."
Source: CNN (http://edition.cnn.com/2011/TECH/innovation/05/05/computer.kiss.device/?hpt=Sbin)

ummm all i can say is wow, whats next a full blown sex machine

Mister Epic
05-08-2011, 06:39 AM
What is this, I don't even...

Oh Japan! You so silly!

Emerald Lance
05-08-2011, 06:41 AM
It's nice to see the earthquakes and floods haven't affected them too much. They got back to work developing silly devices rather quickly if you ask me.

Mister Epic
05-08-2011, 06:46 AM
You know... I have to ask: Where did you find stuff like this and why? :-P (Just kidding...)

Japan has always had some bizarre folks, that's for sure...

A guy that married a Nintendo DS or PSP video game character, another guy that takes his anime woman pillow out on dates, sleeps with it and crap and some other weird stuff you read in kotaku news.

I don't think I'll ever get or understand these people...

Oh well, at least they make great video games! (Most of the time...)

Renegade
05-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Uhhh....I really don't know what to say...

CloudStrife7x
05-08-2011, 04:35 PM
this was funny to read, lol the japanese and their funny ideas

Kraizer
05-24-2011, 11:16 PM
This is japan, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
i live here, and i love this crazy people.

i believe in a day, understand this people!!!!

Renegade
05-25-2011, 09:05 AM
This is japan, kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
i live here, and i love this crazy people.

i believe in a day, understand this people!!!!Lol you are crazy man, However in all seriousness, I believe we should get a 360Haven watermarked kissing machine :D So then we can all kiss each other on here :D

Original Boss
05-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Lol you are crazy man, However in all seriousness, I believe we should get a 360Haven watermarked kissing machine :D So then we can all kiss each other on here :D

God this man is japanese RUN!!!

TwistedFaith
05-25-2011, 09:33 AM
ummm all i can say is wow, whats next a full blown sex machine

They already have those. Mostly for women and gays men only as it only allows for penetration of into your orifices. They have a few that allow for penetration into them but not many. Don't ask how I know..and no I dont own or use any of them.

Mayunfive
05-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Maybe its a good idea if Kinect Implemented this

NINJA JAY
05-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Maybe its a good idea if Kinect Implemented this

LOL...just think of how fast the Kinect got hacked to do what the users wanted! Now imagine a kissing machine hooked up to it!!!

Kinect Video calls will never be the same again! (warm feeling inside)...LOL

iCypher
05-25-2011, 10:01 PM
It's only sad because now nobody will go on dates.

Knives
05-30-2011, 06:04 AM
I love Japan but allrighty then

AaronRageRose
05-30-2011, 07:16 PM
I remember hearing about this on the radio...and it doesn't sound like anything pleasant at all. The Japanese are definitely some strange folk, but this one is pretty far out there. An attempt at making a kissing machine that, from it's description, sound more like a torture device that could rip your teeth from your skull if not careful...secretly, they're trying to eliminate all of those strange folks from their culture...dun dun dun.

mc2011
05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
I like most of the product that came out from Japan,but this 1 really bug me out.....I just dont wanna kiss something that is not human.....

Mentole
05-31-2011, 06:58 AM
Next they will come up with long distance sex simulators. Brings a whole new dimension to cybersex. lol

Krayor
06-01-2011, 01:17 AM
It's only sad because now nobody will go on dates.

I must say.. I've been with my gf for 2 and 1/2 years so far, and I don't think I'll stop dating for a straw anytime soon lol, though if they can take this stuff further it may be worth the money I'd save! (We're currently at a distance from each other and I'd still like to avoid this lmao)

CLOUD STR1FE
06-02-2011, 06:55 PM
That's funny, but not as funny as the Japanese man that married a video game character.

Dellsaber
06-03-2011, 08:21 PM
You have to wonder what kind of person it takes to come up with this.

star^
06-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Haha, the first thing that came into my mind was kissing machine trolling.

Captain Waddler Dee
06-23-2011, 10:15 PM
This is an interesting example of complete and utter nonsense. It really and truly is. Who is so desperate that they need to not only buy a Mannequin's Robotic Head to practice kissing and smooching on but to save the style/intensity/feeling as well. I suppose there are some truly lonely people in the world; those without internet living in the woods in a cabin surrounded by trees for instance without electricity.... Maybe this is one step closer to the full-body android those people are craving to play with... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE! *This has been a testimonial from CARL {Cynics Against Robotic Lovin')*

zaieon
07-02-2011, 06:07 AM
lol that video is just ... idk what to say... .-.