PDA

View Full Version : Why wasn't "The Last of Us" released on xbox?

ShangTsung
05-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I've been wondering why they didn't bother with an xbox version of this game? seeing as we usually get the majority of exclusive games not to mention the better versions of multiplats it makes no sense going solely with a console of lower quality for such an in depth story driven graphic heavy game.. anyone know why xbox users didn't get a version of it?
:127:

Crimi Martin
05-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I've been wondering why they didn't bother with an xbox version of this game? seeing as we usually get the majority of exclusive games not to mention the better versions of multiplats it makes no sense going solely with a console of lower quality for such an in depth story driven graphic heavy game.. anyone know why xbox users didn't get a version of it?

Why don't we have Halo and Gears of War released on PS3. PS3 has the largest install base worldwide, and has more exclusives and better RPG and graphics¿ It makes no sense keeping those titles locked to MS. :P
/End_Joke_Mode

Naughty Dog creates games exclusively for Sony/Is part Sony. That's why their games will never be on MS consoles. It's the same reason why we never see game made under the Microsoft logo on Sony consoles as well.
P.S The PS3 has the majority of exclusives when compared with X360 and sometimes, the better version [Final Fantasy XIII, I'm looking at you].

Original Boss
05-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I would be far more happier if they made it for PC i'm honestly sick of seeing good games go to the PS3 exclusively and to be totally honest if they didn't have exclusives i think the PS3 would not be as popular and in my eyes is the only thing that's keeping it alive but some games are slowly coming over to the xbox that was only for PS3

ShangTsung
05-20-2013, 11:43 PM
I would be far more happier if they made it for PC i'm honestly sick of seeing good games go to the PS3 exclusively and to be totally honest if they didn't have exclusives i think the PS3 would not be as popular and in my eyes is the only thing that's keeping it alive but some games are slowly coming over to the xbox that was only for PS3 well i used to be a ps3 owner, in fact i didn't move to xbox till last year and the only reason i did so was because i found you could mod with the console, having been waiting on a codebreaker or gameshark for ps3 since i first bought the system it was disheartening to say the least when i learned that neither was EVER getting released for it cause selfish sony went ape sh!t.. then i learned a NEW way to mod and the rest is history.. lol
i honestly give this game 1 month when it releases before ps3 users find enough wrong with it to start complaining and admit that its not all that and a bag of tacos..

CloudStrife7x
05-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Why don't we have Halo and Gears of War released on PS3. PS3 has the largest install base worldwide, and has more exclusives and better RPG and graphics¿ It makes no sense keeping those titles locked to MS. :P
/End_Joke_Mode

Naughty Dog creates games exclusively for Sony/Is part Sony. That's why their games will never be on MS consoles. It's the same reason why we never see game made under the Microsoft logo on Sony consoles as well.
P.S The PS3 has the majority of exclusives when compared with X360 and sometimes, the better version [Final Fantasy XIII, I'm looking at you].

this is why i have a ps3 and will get a ps4 is because of rpg/jrpgs :D

I would be far more happier if they made it for PC i'm honestly sick of seeing good games go to the PS3 exclusively and to be totally honest if they didn't have exclusives i think the PS3 would not be as popular and in my eyes is the only thing that's keeping it alive but some games are slowly coming over to the xbox that was only for PS3

yes but xbox will never get the jrpgs sony gets, and in japan the ps3/ps4 and so on will never die trust me

well i used to be a ps3 owner, in fact i didn't move to xbox till last year and the only reason i did so was because i found you could mod with the console, having been waiting on a codebreaker or gameshark for ps3 since i first bought the system it was disheartening to say the least when i learned that neither was EVER getting released for it cause selfish sony went ape sh!t.. then i learned a NEW way to mod and the rest is history.. lol
i honestly give this game 1 month when it releases before ps3 users find enough wrong with it to start complaining and admit that its not all that and a bag of tacos..

you can edit ps3 saves now just as easy as xbox saves >.>, there are ways to decrypt the saves and edit them and reencrypt the saves and the game is going to be awesome IMO :D

Emerald Lance
05-21-2013, 02:14 AM
I sure hope not. >.>

The Last of Us is the sole reason I bought a PS3. I mean, sure, I'm super happy now to hear that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is a thing, and Infamous and Uncharted turned out to be fun. But I didn't know any of this at the time. I saw the articles about TLoU, and I -KNEW- that I had to get a PS3; for all the critically acclaimed games, TLoU was the feather that broke the camal's back in regards to keeping me away from the PS3. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be trash... -_-;

ShangTsung
05-21-2013, 04:13 AM
this is why i have a ps3 and will get a ps4 is because of rpg/jrpgs :D

yes but xbox will never get the jrpgs sony gets, and in japan the ps3/ps4 and so on will never die trust me

you can edit ps3 saves now just as easy as xbox saves >.>, there are ways to decrypt the saves and edit them and reencrypt the saves and the game is going to be awesome IMO :D then why are there no save editors for ps3 games? far as i know there aren't even any usb transfer programs like horizon for it.. i heard this has something to do with sony's unbreakable "wall of updates" which auto corrupts any saves that have been tampered with..
i hope nobody gets the wrong idea about my statement, i am in NO way an xbox fanboy, i've been a playstation owner since i was a kid, i currently have 3 ps2's, 1 old model "which i play on" and 2 of the slim models which aren't even opened yet as backup for when my old one finally dies, yea... i'm a huge ps2 gamer, imo that was the last console made from the golden age of gaming, back before all the online mp crap came along and ruined everything.. plus i have my old ps1 even though it doesn't work anymore, one day i hope to get it fixed.. the only reason i got rid of my ps3 is cause i game so much on my xbox "due to modding" that it was just collecting dust so i gave it to my nephew.

CloudStrife7x
05-21-2013, 04:32 AM
then why are there no save editors for ps3 games? far as i know there aren't even any usb transfer programs like horizon for it.. i heard this has something to do with sony's unbreakable "wall of updates" which auto corrupts any saves that have been tampered with..
i hope nobody gets the wrong idea about my statement, i am in NO way an xbox fanboy, i've been a playstation owner since i was a kid, i currently have 3 ps2's, 1 old model "which i play on" and 2 of the slim models which aren't even opened yet as backup for when my old one finally dies, yea... i'm a huge ps2 gamer, imo that was the last console made from the golden age of gaming, back before all the online mp crap came along and ruined everything.. plus i have my old ps1 even though it doesn't work anymore, one day i hope to get it fixed.. the only reason i got rid of my ps3 is cause i game so much on my xbox "due to modding" that it was just collecting dust so i gave it to my nephew.

you can copy your ps3 saves to any usb just fine and read them on a pc just fine too, you dont need a tool like horizon, also there could be save editors but most use the codes like here: http://ps3cheating.net/ (there are other places you can get codes) for editing ps3 saves or they just hex edit the saves themselves, you would either have to get the game genie or the brute force save editor, one costs money the other doesnt, i use both since i had already bought the game genie, but the brute force save editor is just as good if not better to some, the only saves you cant copy are locked saves, only certain games have locked saves, you can actually the copy these saves to a usb but you need your ps3 to be jailbroken

ShangTsung
05-21-2013, 04:42 AM
you can copy your ps3 saves to any usb just fine and read them on a pc just find too, you dont need a tool like horizon, also there could be save editors but most use the codes like here: http://ps3cheating.net/ (there are other places you can get codes) for editing ps3 saves or they hex edit the save them selves, you would either have to get the game genie or the brute force save editor, one costs money the other doesnt, i use both since i had already bought the game genie, but the brute force save editor is just as good if not better to some, the only saves you cant copy are locked saves, only certain games have locked saves, you can actually the copy these saves to a usb but you need your ps3 to be jailbroken sure there are "some" saves you can transfer to usb on ps3, but once you do that then what? without a program like horizon you can't swap id's, hence editors would be the only option and i haven't seen any.. and jailbreaking a ps3 is like jtag'ing an xbox, sure it'll make modding much easier but once you do it say goodbye to ever buying dlc again.. everything you mentioned was basically my whole point.

CloudStrife7x
05-21-2013, 05:03 AM
sure there are "some" saves you can transfer to usb on ps3, but once you do that then what? without a program like horizon you can't swap id's, hence editors would be the only option and i haven't seen any.. and jailbreaking a ps3 is like jtag'ing an xbox, sure it'll make modding much easier but once you do it say goodbye to ever buying dlc again.. everything you mentioned was basically my whole point.

my ps3 is not jail broken, i have it on the latest ofw, you can resign your saves with the game genie or brute force save editor or k.g.s resigner, i have been doing this since the game genie was released, Sephiroth and Sterling Archer also edit there ps3 saves too

ShangTsung
05-21-2013, 05:10 AM
my ps3 is not jail broken, i have it on the latest ofw, you can resign your saves with the game genie or brute force save editor or k.g.s resigner, i have been doing this since the game genie was released, Sephiroth and Sterling Archer also edit there ps3 saves too hmm.. i will definately have to look into this, if its as easy as you say i may have to grab another ps3 afterall.. either way thanks for the heads up.

John Paul
05-24-2013, 05:08 AM
Though it can never happen, I'm still hoping that the Uncharted series and Last of Us will have a remake on xbox360..

lunarclaw
05-24-2013, 01:28 PM
we may see the last of us on 360 if Microsoft buys the studio from Sony but that's unlikely.

Pk89
05-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I sure hope not. >.>

The Last of Us is the sole reason I bought a PS3. I mean, sure, I'm super happy now to hear that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 is a thing, and Infamous and Uncharted turned out to be fun. But I didn't know any of this at the time. I saw the articles about TLoU, and I -KNEW- that I had to get a PS3; for all the critically acclaimed games, TLoU was the feather that broke the camal's back in regards to keeping me away from the PS3. I really hope it doesn't turn out to be trash... -_-;

Same here .. I bought a ps3 last week just because of this game & Final fantasy X HD! Hope I don't get disappointed

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

thegutta
05-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Though it can never happen, I'm still hoping that the Uncharted series and Last of Us will have a remake on xbox360..

Lmao yeah keep hoping John Paul maybe some unicorns n leprechauns will show up on your front door n bring you a fresh remake of uncharted n the last of us for the Xbox 360 just for you because you're special lmao :D :p

kidsampson
05-25-2013, 01:39 AM
This, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, and God of War are the games I regret missing out on this generation, due to going with the 360. But I have had fun with how easy it is to hack, just missed some things in the trade-off. Looks like I'll be able to catch up with the PS4 though considering all the new protections and restrictions the Xbox One seems to have in place.

Augustus Gloop
05-25-2013, 04:54 AM

Guess you haven't heard anything about Beyond Two Souls.

ShangTsung
05-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Guess you haven't heard anything about Beyond Two Souls. beyond two souls? honestly can't say i have.

thegutta
05-28-2013, 03:13 PM
beyond two souls? honestly can't say i have.

WHATTT dude have you been living under a rock or something that's the next playstation exclusive the game is awesome i even the saw the 35 mins mini movie of the game here in NY at the Tribeca Film Festival this year, it was amazing the screening room was pack some people were left outside that's how bad people wanted to see the game lol but yeah go to youtube n check the trailer :)

Hydraredskull
05-28-2013, 07:19 PM
i hate when they make exclusives for games and such it sucks when you gotta buy a system for 1 game almost like when metal gear solid 4 came out
only for ps3 and not 360 so i had to buy a ps3 just to play it lmao.

thegutta
05-28-2013, 07:53 PM
i hate when they make exclusives for games and such it sucks when you gotta buy a system for 1 game almost like when metal gear solid 4 came out
only for ps3 and not 360 so i had to buy a ps3 just to play it lmao.

That's exactly the point to sell there systems remember when you have competition that's what you gotta do to stay in the game :D

ShangTsung
05-29-2013, 02:20 PM
only for ps3 and not 360 so i had to buy a ps3 just to play it lmao. i know how ya feel, i bought an xbox last year just for skyrim only to find that the damn game freezes just as much on that as it did my ps3.. of course then i learned you could mod saves on an xbox so that cheered me up a little.. lol

alpha one
06-06-2013, 02:37 AM
because the game was a PS3 exclusive.

Emerald Lance
06-06-2013, 02:46 AM
WHATTT dude have you been living under a rock or something that's the next playstation exclusive the game is awesome i even the saw the 35 mins mini movie of the game here in NY at the Tribeca Film Festival this year, it was amazing the screening room was pack some people were left outside that's how bad people wanted to see the game lol but yeah go to youtube n check the trailer :)
I haven't heard of it either. Thanks for bringing it to my attention though, I'll have to check it out now.

EDIT: Jesus Christ! That looks awesome! How have I not heard of this yet? Beautiful!

SushiSushi
06-06-2013, 03:51 AM
In a perfect world Sony and M$ will join forces and create the PS360 [because ONE is just wrong]
And it will have every game and will have exclusives that will crush nintendo [oh yeah they crush nintendo right now cuz all publishers barely release on WiiU]

ShangTsung
06-06-2013, 04:03 AM
doesn't matter anyway cause yesterday i heard the dumbasses shoved in multiplayer and you know what that means... a half assed, 1 or 2 hour long campaign totally dwarfed so that all the circle jerking dude bros cod interwebs nerdy groupies can have their precious online mp.. so the game will suck balls afterall.
:021:

Emerald Lance
06-06-2013, 04:16 AM
doesn't matter anyway cause yesterday i heard the dumbasses shoved in multiplayer and you know what that means... a half assed, 1 or 2 hour long campaign totally dwarfed so that all the circle jerking dude bros cod interwebs nerdy groupies can have their precious online mp.. so the game will suck balls afterall.
:021:
I don't know. I don't think so. Uncharted 2 & 3 both had multiplayer (pretty decent multiplayer at that), and you wouldn't be able to tell by their campaigns. In fact, they both had far and away better campaigns than the clusterfuck of the first game (which didn't have MP at all). For the record, the Uncharted multiplayer is a PvE type deal like Mass Effect 3, and not a PvP setup like CoD or Halo.

Since it's the same developer, I'm not too worried about it. Besides, it looks like the kind of game where multiplayer could fit even better than it did with Uncharted. Plus, that also likely means co-op, and I'm all for online co-op! ^-^

gaksital
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
i wish last of us and wrath of the white witch were PC games. I can only imagine if Square Enix wrote a proper FF game for PC.... it would be amazing!!
All these games are developed on PC but only for consoles.

kingadent
06-16-2013, 12:49 AM
TLoU is fine, and Naughty Dog is part of Sony, so no PC or 360, 360 probably can't even handle it, different CPU, the Cell BE has more POWAH! Just look at GoW 3, that thing probably wouldn't even run on a medium-spec PC, i'm really impressed with the PS3 CPU wise.

And if you call TLoU trash, i'll break your neck, it has the most story-driven experience i enjoyed in a while, those 10/10's are worth it, and the multiplayer doesn't take anything from the game, if anything it adds to it.

morbidone76
06-16-2013, 02:18 AM
TLoU is fine, and Naughty Dog is part of Sony, so no PC or 360, 360 probably can't even handle it, different CPU, the Cell BE has more POWAH! Just look at GoW 3, that thing probably wouldn't even run on a medium-spec PC, i'm really impressed with the PS3 CPU wise.

And if you call TLoU trash, i'll break your neck, it has the most story-driven experience i enjoyed in a while, those 10/10's are worth it, and the multiplayer doesn't take anything from the game, if anything it adds to it.

I have been playing this game for a couple of hours today and have greatly enjoyed it. Good story and graphics so far. I don't really do multiplayer on anything except CoD games so I can't speak on that. At this point if you have a PS3 and want a good story driven experience I would recommend picking it up.

I have the game genie as well for modding PS3 games and it works fine. You can use other peoples saves with the profile resigner, use the premade cheats or try to hex edit the game yourself. Only drawback is the game has to be on their mod list or you can't really do much with it.

xICEMANx117
06-16-2013, 02:32 AM
This is why i have Both Systems. Majority of my games are xbox but i have ps3 for the exclusives like Uncharted Series, God OF War, The Last of Us, ETC and The Last of us is great has a good storyline and man i wish i could hack this game the Ammo is a Bitch and the Health, 360haven needs a sister site called PShaven or something.

Treatment
06-20-2013, 01:41 AM
The Last Of Us was made exclusive to the PS3, as a result of the developer's and publisher's choice.

UrK
06-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Too bad The last of us looks awesome, no way am I getting anything by sony though.

Swiftus
06-27-2013, 08:48 PM
Because the 360 would burst into flames trying to run its graphical awesomeness. Seriously though as said Naughty Dog are owned by Sony and only make games for Sony's platform.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mcgamer
07-01-2013, 12:04 PM
I also would have been happy if "The Last of Us" woud come out on Xbox 360. But it doesn't really matter since I have a firend with the Sony Console and the game.
P.S: Sorry, if my English is bad. I'm not a native Speaker.

DeGenez
07-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Saw a few "Let's Plays" on YT and it looks awesome.. Too bad it's not on X :(

Shinlucifeh
07-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Is the same questions as: Why Rare doesn´t make more Donkey Kong for nintendo? Or why Gears of war wasn´t released for Ps3?

Reanimator
07-12-2013, 02:29 AM
It is a shame to see a game as good as this be restricted to only the ps3.

ShangTsung
07-23-2013, 10:37 PM
It is a shame to see a game as good as this be restricted to only the ps3. i just finally finished watching the entire walkthrough of it on youtube and tbh its nothing special, sure the story is great an all but far as gameplay goes it really isn't anything we haven't seen before, just a mediocre 3rd person shooter, and nowhere near the best one i've seen either. xbox users aren't missing out on much with this game, "Hitman: Absolution" and even "Max Payne 3" are way better 3rd person shooters! "The Last of us" is the kinda game you'd play through one time just for the story, gameplay wise it would get boring fast, and the online is just repetitive death match chaos. -_-

Trivium
07-27-2013, 04:44 PM
I'd have to agree about the replay value. The game is amazing and does a great job of immersing you in the setting, but after I beat it I didn't feel a desire to replay it. It is a lot of fun and is definitely gorgeous.

I will say, I didn't feel it was anything the 360 couldn't do. It's like others have said though, Naughty Dog is a Sony developer. It's the same as why you never saw a Bungie game on another system while they were with Microsoft.

ShangTsung
07-27-2013, 04:53 PM
I'd have to agree about the replay value. The game is amazing and does a great job of immersing you in the setting, but after I beat it I didn't feel a desire to replay it. It is a lot of fun and is definitely gorgeous.

I will say, I didn't feel it was anything the 360 couldn't do. It's like others have said though, Naughty Dog is a Sony developer. It's the same as why you never saw a Bungie game on another system while they were with Microsoft.pretty much.. just like how you'll never see a "Gears of War" title on ps3. the gaming industry is all about money and if one company decides to play dirty an buy off a dev you can't fault them for not doing it yourself first, sad that its gotten this way but what can ya do?

tonyj
08-03-2013, 01:10 AM
because its a ps3 studio who made it.

aNinjaGuardian
08-22-2013, 04:50 AM
I'm more than glad the Last of Us was a PS3 exclusive. Every console has its core franchises and Naughty Dog has done a brilliant job of delivering quality stuff on the PS3.

While on the topic of TLoU, I love that game to death. It's easily one of the best titles I have played this gen.

silverfoxxy
11-11-2013, 07:31 AM
the last of us should have to do it in all platform because this game is worth to play it!

SebaSX
11-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I'm more than glad the Last of Us was a PS3 exclusive. Every console has its core franchises and Naughty Dog has done a brilliant job of delivering quality stuff on the PS3.

While on the topic of TLoU, I love that game to death. It's easily one of the best titles I have played this gen.

Not more, not less.

silverfoxxy
11-27-2013, 05:03 AM
i really hope the left 4 dead series can launch in ps3 platform because it really fun with people multiplayer play in online honestly!

souldrinker
11-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Shame its only on playstaion i went and got a ps3 just to play it

Mr SillySquid
12-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Played this on my PS3 its quite amazing game, but as as above why wasnt GOW released on PS3 -swings around i guess