PDA

View Full Version : Ps4 going to be charging for Pre owned games?

Pk89
05-27-2013, 12:28 PM
TV host and industry pundit Geoff Keighley has said on tonight's Bonus Round TV show that, according to his sources, Sony is looking at some form of digital rights management for the sale of used games.

"...The one thing that is amazing to me is that right now we're not hearing a lot from the game publishers about what their view is on this. The console companies are becoming the bad guys. And, you know, Microsoft is getting beaten up a lot on it. Sony, I think, has been seen as this kind of white knight so far that's not going to restrict used games. Based on some of the things I'm hearing, I don't think that's entirely true, because I can't see publishers allowing one system to do one thing and one do another."

It's not the first time such a rumor has popped up; we told you the same thing over a year ago, and Sony's vague, open-ended statements on the matter to date have done little to ease people's fears.Hearing it again, weeks after the PS4's reveal, only adds to speculation the console will, like Microsoft's Xbox One, seek to take a little control (and money) back from resellers like GameStop.

Our only hope? That the flood of negative reaction to Microsoft's approach will convince Sony - who have yet to publicly announce their plans in this regard - to quietly walk away from the idea.

source: http://kotaku.com/rumor-the-ps4-has-used-games-drm-509969406

SiN
05-27-2013, 12:38 PM
We truly don't what MS is going to do about Used games.. They have stated that there wasn't a fee, but who knows... It may be left up to the Game Dev~ to make the decision. But which ever way they go ... the other has to follow... Or There will be a lot suing.

Just my 2cents..

thegutta
05-27-2013, 01:08 PM
Lmao is funny the after we learn the truth about xbox charging to play use games now they trying to pin it on playstation to make them look like the enemies too when sony clearly have no problems with use games but oh well people will always start shit about the other to make them look bad n make themselves feel better about the fuck up shit they doing that's why Xbox One sorry i meant CableBox One is doom to fail for there fuck up ways.

Sephiroth
05-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Meh.. i'll wait until both consoles are hacked.

Remember this (hope microsoft and sony are reading this but guess not lol), when Xbox One aka cablebox or PS4 are hacked.. no one will ever buy a game again because of this ' fee to play used games' bullshit!

The Icon Jordan
05-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Well said Sephiroth, exactly how i feel :/

Squall
05-29-2013, 01:04 PM
If they follow microsoft's footsteps people will just turn to pc gaming.. which in all fairness is by far e best thing we could do as they are fairly cheap to build a good gaming rig at the moment, plus hacks/mods are ten to the dozen :)

xBASSxMONSTAx
05-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Well tbh, I don't think Sony have a choice because 3rd parties will force Sony to do the same otherwise those 3rd parties will just jump to MS because they will make more money.

Like it or not this will be the future for us. :(

If they both end up doing the used drm, vote with your wallets people. Don't support this bullshit.

Sephiroth
05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
Well tbh, I don't think Sony have a choice because 3rd parties will force Sony to do the same otherwise those 3rd parties will just jump to MS because they will make more money.

Like it or not this will be the future for us. :(

If they both end up doing the used drm, vote with your wallets people. Don't support this bullshit.

That's not entirely true bro.:083:
It doesn't matter if the 3rd parties jump to microsoft when no one is buying xbox one nor xbox one games.
What i'm trying to say is, if Sony doesn't follow microsoft's footsteps then microsoft nor xbox one game developers/3rd parties will make any money because 90% of real gamers will have PS4 or PC and ofcourse xbox360 and other consoles... except Xbox one :094:

Just remember this gamers, please make no mistake, XBOX One is not about you.
Xbox One is not primarily a console for gamers, it’s a super charged set top box for the mass market and anyone expecting otherwise is going to be sorely disappointed!!

Source: http://tay.kotaku.com/dsb-gamers-make-no-mistake-xbox-one-is-not-about-you-509278768