PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here capable of hacking or cheating PSP saves?

Mister Epic
05-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Basically I'm looking for someone who can hack PSP saves to edit stuff in the game or someone who is running CFW and has CWCheat or another cheat program/application/plug-in installed.

Basically what I would like to request and want done is to max out my money and have all items, materials, vendor items, costumes, bullets and equipment on my God Eater Burst gamesave. I have pre-order DLC, by the way, so I'm not sure if that would affect this. (GameStop pre-order DLC)

If this is possible and anyone can do this for me, then I would appreciate it very much and also thank you as well as give you positive rep on here.

Thanks in advance.

Emerald Lance
05-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Sorry, brochacho. PSP saves are encrypted, each with a different form of encryption. There are ways to cheat it, but (to my knowledge) you need to have a CFW and the game itself, and even then only a small amount of old/super popular games have had the encryptions busted; last time I checked, only about seven in total, though the list may have grown a bit since then.

In short, what you're asking for may be impossible. I don't remember seeing anything for God Eater Burst when researching how to hack PSP saves. Again, sorry.

8Ball
05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
The whole encryption thing was gracefully tap-danced around a while back, it involved using one of the obscure cheat plugins (i think it had free in the title) that had a setting that forced a game to save its data unencrypted, the main purpose of which was to take the saves "guts" and install them into another save for repair or some other adventure, absolutely no idea if it was pure decryption or just enough to go about the tasks but it did what was on the label.

It's so much easier to just crank up cwcheat and hack the shit out of the ram, i absolutely battered god eater with codes but the problem these days is the variance of ISOs and apparently what cfw is used plays a part in if the cheats work, these days i end up having to make 2 sets of the same codes because the offsets like to ump between them which in the retail game isn't natural, god eater also crashes on saving codelists and then jumps to the other set, by that point though i already have the entire set so its no problem.

I'll try and dig up the list i used, some codes were 'borrowed' some are coincidentally similar but made by me and some are tweaked for my pleasure.

I never actually got round to the unlock stuff however, just inf inventory which i used to bulk up the quantity, getting the item ids resulted in too many crashs which also changed the codeset over.
I did make name changers which when coupled with some facial/hair mods lets you make a unique character... at the end of the game.

Mister Epic
05-18-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry, brochacho. PSP saves are encrypted, each with a different form of encryption. There are ways to cheat it, but (to my knowledge) you need to have a CFW and the game itself, and even then only a small amount of old/super popular games have had the encryptions busted; last time I checked, only about seven in total, though the list may have grown a bit since then.

In short, what you're asking for may be impossible. I don't remember seeing anything for God Eater Burst when researching how to hack PSP saves. Again, sorry.

Sorry bro-dude, but you don't seem to be well-versed in the ways of PSP.

I do have the game and I do not need CFW myself since I can just send my save to someone who does have it installed and thus they can simply use the cheat codes on the game and save the data afterwards. It's that simple if someone goes with that method and there are CWCheat or AR Temp codes for this games. This method is the easiest and very possible.

(I would use CFW myself, but not only have I forgot how to put all that on my PSP and mess around with it, but also I am on the latest OFW sadly and on a PSP 3000-series, no less. *sadface*)

I'm sure at least one person out there somewhere has God Eater Burst and CFW with one of the cheat plug-ins/apps/programs installed.

However! You are correct about hacking saves what with the encryption and whatnot but I figure there just might be a select few who are privy to a way around it and have successfully hacked/edited saves as we have with the 360. But good luck to me on finding such a person! It's not impossible per se, but rather Mission: Impossible, meaning it can be done, but it extremely complex, complicated and probably very much hard to do so.

Thank you for your input, though. Appreciate it.

The whole encryption thing was gracefully tap-danced around a while back, it involved using one of the obscure cheat plugins (i think it had free in the title) that had a setting that forced a game to save its data unencrypted, the main purpose of which was to take the saves "guts" and install them into another save for repair or some other adventure, absolutely no idea if it was pure decryption or just enough to go about the tasks but it did what was on the label.

It's so much easier to just crank up cwcheat and hack the shit out of the ram, i absolutely battered god eater with codes but the problem these days is the variance of ISOs and apparently what cfw is used plays a part in if the cheats work, these days i end up having to make 2 sets of the same codes because the offsets like to ump between them which in the retail game isn't natural, god eater also crashes on saving codelists and then jumps to the other set, by that point though i already have the entire set so its no problem.

I'll try and dig up the list i used, some codes were 'borrowed' some are coincidentally similar but made by me and some are tweaked for my pleasure.

I never actually got round to the unlock stuff however, just inf inventory which i used to bulk up the quantity, getting the item ids resulted in too many crashs which also changed the codeset over.
I did make name changers which when coupled with some facial/hair mods lets you make a unique character... at the end of the game.

If what you said about the encryption issue is true, then that is pretty interesting news.

It sucks that CWCheat has problems with this game, though. Damn...

Maybe you could try AR Temp instead, which uses both Action Replay codes and CWCheat codes.

Would it be easy and simple for you to simply give me max money and nothing but that? I figure that won't be too much of a hassle and it won't crash the game.

Also, are there only codes for God Eater Burst that you made? What about codes from other people or from the CWCheat site/database itself? Ones that come directly from the database are usually more reliable and stable as far as I know from when I used to use CWCheat back when I had CFW on my PSP.

Either ways, get back at me and let me know what's up.

Thanks a lot man.

8Ball
05-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Send me your save and assuming my codes work (if not i can do some quickies like money) ill top you up.
in the meantime i also found the source of wtf i was talking about concerning the save encryption, at one point my god eater kept crashing at a point i assumed to be because of codes, turned out the iso i was using just needed to be resent, the memorystick i use is getting a tad dodgy, i thought it was the save so i attempted a transfer, the transfer worked but i didnt fix my problem, its always the simplist solutions that work...
http://forums.qj.net/guides-psp-hacks-homebrew-emulators/163531-guide-how-fix-any-corrupted-psp-game-save-file.html
This method seems to work as it involves extracting keys and modifying the save routines, at the time it was a good read, now i can't be assed.

Frankly I've been eyeing up the wii gamesaves for a long time, i saw a dll a while ago for wii but i have no damn clue what it does, if i ever get my hands on the knowhow i call dibs on wii games.

Mister Epic
05-19-2011, 02:52 AM
Thanks man. Here's my save. Hope you can do something with it. (Nothing fancy, I'll just settle for max money until you can get more stable/working codes.)

Appreciate it.

The rar is password-protected, by the way. I will private message it to you

Edit: Posting Character Stats

Money: 11,852

Characters Stats
HP: 100
OP (Oracle Points): 100
ST (Stamina): 110
Gun Attack: x 2.11
Bade/Sword Attack: 135
Average Defense: 181

Gun Stats
Bugle Gun II (Blast Type)
Crush: x 0.96
Pierce: x 0.50
Blaze: x 2.80
Freeze: x 2.80
Spark: x 2.80
Divine: x 2.80
Skill on Gun: Venom Resistance

Sword Stats
Wild Sword Yang II (Short Type)
Sunder: 65
Pierce: 70
Skills on Sword: Hold S, Combo Master

Shield Stats
Draco Shield (Tower Shield Type)
Sunder: 170
Crush: 210
Pierce: 170
Blaze: 180
Freeze: 180
Spark: 180
Divine: 180
Skill on Shield: Expand Guard Area, Stamina Up S

Emerald Lance
05-19-2011, 03:31 AM
No, what I meant was that whoever was going to cheat your save would have to be using CFW, not you yourself. Also, I don't ever remember that game's encryption having been cracked, so I was bringing that up as well.

However, if what 8Ball said is indeed true and this game is hackable, then I'll back off as the herp-derp I am. ^-^

Mister Epic
05-19-2011, 04:07 AM
No, what I meant was that whoever was going to cheat your save would have to be using CFW, not you yourself. Also, I don't ever remember that game's encryption having been cracked, so I was bringing that up as well.

However, if what 8Ball said is indeed true and this game is hackable, then I'll back off as the herp-derp I am. ^-^

Ah, I see. Don't have to call yourself a herp-derp, though. :-P

I think decrypting saves are possible now as Sephiroth just linked me to a PSP CFW plugin: http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=5439&page=1

Yo 8Ball, you can try using that?

8Ball
05-19-2011, 11:51 AM
That plugin really slows loading lol.
also, its raining code.
http://imageshack.us/m/710/6123/snap007rr.png
Instead of complete psp failure on saving my for some reason missing codelist (only have half the codes), i simply see the underpinnings of the god eater world. There is no god arc...
My codesets seem to be nerfed as well, but my max sword strength was working, really ruins the game though, 1 hit kills anything, i used it near the end because by then it was all about the collectable items.

The plugin seems to work by making its own decrypted version of the saves in its own folder, this would mean without the plugin it will default to the originals, although i have disabled the plugin after my edits, and it seems it likes the save so perhaps it does mod the originals also and the plainfolder is a buffer of sorts.

This one has modified money and HP,OP & ST values. As far as i know it should still be decrypted assuming it ever was to begin with. Same password as yours.

I'm seeing potential for an editor... perhaps later, for now i am buried under a pile of games to enjoy, and some fallout dlc to play.

Sephiroth
05-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Haha, its raining code - welcome to the matrix http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/bad-smile-icon.png

Mister Epic
05-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Haha, its raining code - welcome to the matrix http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/bad-smile-icon.png

http://alorachistiakoff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/matrix-code.jpg

Thanks a lot 8Ball, I appreciate this! I'm going to check out the save now and see how it works.

And you know what? I think I might like one of those Max Attack Swords. (But just ONE and I'll probably save it only for super hard battles or for grinding. I love my yang sword for the most part.)

Maybe add that for me later.

8Ball
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Its not a weapon mod its a stat hack, you can wield anything and it will do 9999 damage, a per weapon basis is an iso mod i think.
I had one for the gun mode but that is long gone. I also had a shield mod but i did it half-assed and it modified the model/texture in use as well as the 9999 defense.

Mister Epic
05-20-2011, 02:19 AM
Its not a weapon mod its a stat hack, you can wield anything and it will do 9999 damage, a per weapon basis is an iso mod i think.
I had one for the gun mode but that is long gone. I also had a shield mod but i did it half-assed and it modified the model/texture in use as well as the 9999 defense.

Ah... Well in that case, I wouldn't mind if you modified one of my swords' attack power to be 9,999. (As game-breaking as that may be.)

Let me put the file back up for you.

Thanks.

Edit: Password for the rar is the same, of course.

8Ball
05-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Completely forgot about this, i have an absolute assload of stuff to learn by monday...
Remember the moment you change your blade you lose the 9999 attack, it'll revert to whatever blade is installed's attack value, i haven't tested that but i'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

jkipp82
05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
wasnt there a cheat program or something for cfw psp

Mister Epic
05-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Completely forgot about this, i have an absolute assload of stuff to learn by monday...
Remember the moment you change your blade you lose the 9999 attack, it'll revert to whatever blade is installed's attack value, i haven't tested that but i'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

Thanks a lot, man! I figured it was something like that. (About the blade-changing.) I really appreciate this and I do hope you release a save editor for this game and some way to rehash/resign it or whatever. (Not sure how it works as opposed to Xbox 360.)

Also, good luck with your studies and whatever you are learning. I hope it goes well.

wasnt there a cheat program or something for cfw psp

Yeah, there are several of them, actually. But the only two I recall offhand are CWCheat and AR Temp. The others, I have forgotten.

The games are also hackable, since someone did that for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, which I also have. I don't recall how, though.

But if you have custom firmware, then I recommend using either one of those two plug-ins I named above. Can't have both, sadly, since they have similar activation methods and can't both run at once. But AR Temp supports both Action Replay Codes and CWCheat codes.

Edit: Yo 8Ball, if you ever need more saves from different games just so you can mess around with the game and see what you can do with them as well as learn new stuff, then just let me know. Happy to contribute and help out. I can also be a tester if I have the game.

Edit 2: Sorry man, it didn't work. :/ Well, at least we tried.

special
05-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Cwcheat is your best bet. Trainers rarely exist on psp.

Ultimarok
10-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Hey 8Ball, are you still doing this stuff?