PDA

View Full Version : Dark souls corrupt save after modding

atinomartino
06-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I was using 360 usb explorer, extracting the drak005 right off my hard drive via transfer cable, modding it using the editor here, saving rehash resign on the editor here the injecting the modded drak005 back on using 360 usb explorer.

One night everythg went corrupt. Then the hard drive went. I switched to a new hard drive, made new saves and modded amd it came up as corrupt.

I removed the most recent patches and tried the same strategy. File came up as corrupt.

I switched to usb instead of the hard drive. Corrupt after mod.

I tried a totally different mod program and file extracter. Corrupt.

Considering i had like 800 hrs of UN modded game time in i dont want to start from scratch. But everytime i mod my character its read as corrupt. I een uninstalled the title update and artorias of te abyss cleared my cache modded and it came bck corrupt.

Please help. Its my fav game.

atinomartino
06-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Can ANYONE help me PLEASE? Im dying to play :(

Emerald Lance
06-04-2013, 04:45 AM
Calm down. You waited five and a half hours before double posting. Patience is key. Not everybody can get to your post right away, so try and wait for a few days before bumping the topic.

As for your issue itself, this question should really be brought up in the thread that the editor was released to. The first instance (the one where the entire HDD became corrupt) was more than likely due to a faulty or old HDD. The rest are probably due either to the programs you're using to rehash/resign and inject (Horizon or Infinity should be the only ones you use) or to some misstep on your part.

First, make sure you have a backup save that is entirely unmodded. I cannot stress enough how important an unmodded backup save is, because it actually is very rare that a corrupt save can be fixed. Second, try using either Horizon or Infinity to extract, rehash/resign, and inject the files (I prefer Horizon but only because it has an impressive pedigree and I don't know enough about Infinity). AVOID MODIO, AS IT WILL LIKELY RUIN THE GAME'S INTERNAL HASH! Third, if all else fails, then read the instructions again and make sure you're editing within reasonable limits. Try different, lower values and see if that changes anything. Sometimes a save will corrupt itself if it's modded to an extreme amount. If that doesn't work, then at least you have your backup save (hopefully).

Other than that, I really do recommend you ask in the thread the tool was released to. The creator of the tool is more likely to know what's going on than anybody else, and you're equally likely to run into people who were/are having similar problems and see how some of them dealt with those problems.

atinomartino
06-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Im new. Only prob with that is in order to save the drak005 you have to rehash/resign with the editor.

How would i find the creators thread? In e place i actually downloaded it? I saw domments there but not sure if thats for helpmas well.

Emerald Lance
06-04-2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks. Im new. Only prob with that is in order to save the drak005 you have to rehash/resign with the editor.

How would i find the creators thread? In e place i actually downloaded it? I saw domments there but not sure if thats for helpmas well.
No worries. Now you know. ^-^

As for your issue, it would help to know which editor you're using. There are three "different" editors for Dark Souls:

http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/8065-%5Bfinal%5D-dark-souls-save-editor-2-5-a/
http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/16271-%5Brelease%5D-%5Bremake%5D%5Bpc-xbox360%5D-dark-souls-save-editor/
http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/6739-%5Brelease%5D-snuggly-barter-dark-souls-savegame-editor/?6739-RELEASE-Snuggly-the-Barter-Dark-Souls-Savegame-Editor=

Have you tried doing it both ways? Rehashing/resigning with only the editor, and then rehashing/resigning with both the editor and your file handler of choice? I vaguely remember that the editor I used also wanted me to rehash/resign with itself, but I don't remember whether it worked very well or not.

At any rate, to find anything on the site, the search bar is usually recommended. And while that might be the ideal way to go for most things, a readily available list of editors would work even better when talking about... well, editors. Fortunately, pureIso has compiled one here: http://www.360haven.com/forums/threads/9896-list-of-save-editors/. It isn't a perfect list, and there might be one or two editors missing from it, but Iso updates the list as often as he can, so it's extremely reliable.

atinomartino
06-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Yea its the final. And yes i have done both. And i have done bith on the new hard drive AND usb. I have even just given myself souls to level up in game. Sme thing. Corrupt save. Im starting to think they patched the editor

Oh and the creator is jappi. I not only answered a dickload of questions for him on his download page but posted my help needed on his personal page. I guess i just wait. Hpefully i dont die of boredom first :(

Oh and so anyone reading this understands who they are helping. I am a web host, designer, programmer, and graphic designer. Theres no answer you can give me that i wont understand. And there isnt too much i havent tried aside from changing my gamertag or getting a new xbox.

I was using the editor to be robin hood and give out titanite and souls and divine blessings. If reported for "cheating" is it possible to be put on a list that would make this happen? i never edited stats. Only added items.

I gave this girl a bunch of shit for her build and she got PISSED and was like "people like you hacking and handing shit out makes this game harder blah bah blah" and redropped everything and back crystaled out.

Probelm alleviated with some programming of my own. If anyone runs into this oroblem private message me and i will attempt to talk you thru the fix

Emerald Lance
06-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Please don't post so much at once. That's why we have the "Edit Post" button; if you think of something you want to add, please use that.

At any rate, while I'm glad that you more or less figured out something that can be done, you really should ask in the release thread. If 2.5 isn't working right for you, try 3.0.7 instead (that's what I use, and it's his latest editor). Since you have been in some sort of contact with Jappi about the issue, my advice would be to hang out and wait for a reply. Remember that he's a busy guy and probably won't be able to get back to you for a little while yet.

Since you seem to have found a (temporary) solution, and since this really isn't the right place to be asking for help with editors, I'll be closing the thread now. If you have any issues, feel free to let me know in a PM.