PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Requires Online Connection every 24 hours, at least

Name
06-08-2013, 02:10 AM
The Xbox One needs to connect to the internet at least once every 24 hours, or its ability to play games is shut down, a post on Xbox Wire says. This is for a player logged into his own console – if a player logs into his account on a separate console at a friend's house, for example, the Xbox One needs to be connected to the internet at least once every hour.

"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library," Xbox Wire writes. "Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

This is the clearest explanation of the Xbox One's internet requirements since Microsoft's reveal on May 21. In a post it removed from Xbox Wire, Microsoft said the console "does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

Microsoft recommends a broadband internet connection of 1.5Mbps for the Xbox One, and suggests mobile broadband for those without access to an Ethernet connection. Xbox One has two wireless antennas, and a gigabit Ethernet port and 802.11n wireless.

"Because every Xbox One owner has a broadband connection, developers can create massive, persistent worlds that evolve even when you're not playing," Xbox Wire says.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/06/xbox-one-requires-online-connection-every-24-hours-at-least/

CloudStrife7x
06-09-2013, 10:08 PM
yup we all heard about this, might as well require a blood sacrifice lol

boombox2012
06-09-2013, 10:58 PM
What's happening to the new generation game console's today ? * FACE PALM * :068:

Paradox
06-10-2013, 01:18 AM
I say boycott the new Xbox. They are taking away our freedom as gamers.

Name
06-10-2013, 01:22 AM
You go Anonymous! :)

xICEMANx117
06-10-2013, 04:34 AM
yep this fucks me and this is going to screw over people that dont have internet connections thanks xbox guess ill be hitting up the new playstation

thegutta
06-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Every one lets get Ps4 lets show Microsoft we run this shit not them without us they'll just have a new system the doesn't sell lol :D

Shengtu
06-10-2013, 04:48 PM
I really don't see a problem with this. Numerous reasons why....
1) internet is here and now, forever. It's like people who still have crt tv's (really?) Who here doesn't have internet? If you don't, then how do you post on here?
2) technology moves on, move with it, or get left behind. Anyone still have a crt tv? Lol or even a cassette player?
3) always on internet? When was the last time you switched your router off? I didn't even know mine had a power button! Lol
4) what if someone steals my Xbox one? ...think about it.
5) if I'm paying out a load of money for a console, then surely I can afford internet?

Oh, and by the way, I do think there are some bad points, but that is for another day.

I hope you see where I'm coming from

Shinlucifeh
06-10-2013, 07:50 PM
I really don't see a problem with this. Numerous reasons why....
1) internet is here and now, forever. It's like people who still have crt tv's (really?) Who here doesn't have internet? If you don't, then how do you post on here?
2) technology moves on, move with it, or get left behind. Anyone still have a crt tv? Lol or even a cassette player?
3) always on internet? When was the last time you switched your router off? I didn't even know mine had a power button! Lol
4) what if someone steals my Xbox one? ...think about it.
5) if I'm paying out a load of money for a console, then surely I can afford internet?

Oh, and by the way, I do think there are some bad points, but that is for another day.

I hope you see where I'm coming from
Oh, i get you but let´s think more broadly. If i had a product that could sell millions, i would like to sell as much as i could. So your country has a good internet connection...Wow, that´s good, you could sell to most of the people in your country. Wealth people around the globe has good internet connections too? Amazing, so we could sell worldwide. Hmm, the total number of people that could buy the console is how much them... 1 or 2 billion people!?! Wow, so much...and the poor people? F*ck them, they get to buy the crappie Ps4 and WiiU, M$ only cares about the rich people!! They can have the other 5 billion people to buy their crappie consoles!!!.......Oh... wait... Get it?
The winner of the generations is ALWAYS the console who sells more, the devs will ALWAYS give privileges to the console who has the most users (Too Rich or Too poor doesn´t matter if they are all potential clients and if they can afford the console, they can afford the games as well, it´s a matter of numbers, a rich person will not gonna buy the same game several times you know). Might be crappier but will make people happier...I don´t want to buy, as my first next gen console, the losing side, so that´s why i gonna buy a Ps4 although i have a 20 Mb connection in a country where still exists dial up connection, just don´t like to be on the losing side, but who knows? Perhaps when the Xbox 1 is released most of the people in the world will have 10 mb/s connection...yeah right ¬¬

Shengtu
06-11-2013, 03:25 PM
Oh, i get you but let´s think more broadly. If i had a product that could sell millions, i would like to sell as much as i could. So your country has a good internet connection...Wow, that´s good, you could sell to most of the people in your country. Wealth people around the globe has good internet connections too? Amazing, so we could sell worldwide. Hmm, the total number of people that could buy the console is how much them... 1 or 2 billion people!?! Wow, so much...and the poor people? F*ck them, they get to buy the crappie Ps4 and WiiU, M$ only cares about the rich people!! They can have the other 5 billion people to buy their crappie consoles!!!.......Oh... wait... Get it?
The winner of the generations is ALWAYS the console who sells more, the devs will ALWAYS give privileges to the console who has the most users (Too Rich or Too poor doesn´t matter if they are all potential clients and if they can afford the console, they can afford the games as well, it´s a matter of numbers, a rich person will not gonna buy the same game several times you know). Might be crappier but will make people happier...I don´t want to buy, as my first next gen console, the losing side, so that´s why i gonna buy a Ps4 although i have a 20 Mb connection in a country where still exists dial up connection, just don´t like to be on the losing side, but who knows? Perhaps when the Xbox 1 is released most of the people in the world will have 10 mb/s connection...yeah right ¬¬

You've pretty much covered the bad points i was going to raise! lol all down to consumer choice, power is in our own hands, thankfully i work hard and have a fairly well paid job, so i might just get both! its like when some dude invented a jet engine, that'll never take off! lol now we can all fly around the world! 20 years from now, mr brandson will have us flying to the moon!
as i said i hope you see where i was coming from, just wanted to point out some points people might not of thought about. all console/game developers are in this game for one reason only... money! doesnt matter if its sony, nintendo, microsoft etc they all want your cash!

Bladex
06-14-2013, 11:37 PM
all console/game developers are in this game for one reason only... money! doesnt matter if its sony, nintendo, microsoft etc they all want your cash! Amem to that!!.....although I have one question, what if your internet decide to be a d*** and stop working..I mean I have very good connection but there are time when my router just want to take a dayS off..(sometime week). There is nothing I could do about it...so either microsoft just shrug off this problem or they just don't care..

ps. and my internet provider have the best customer service because whenever I called them this is how the convo usually go...
me: I'm having problem with my connection
call center lady: have you tried to restart your modem
me: yes, I have and it still not working
the women:oh...ok....have you tried to check our FAQ section on our website..
me:[facepalm] if I can go on your website I wouldn't have call you...
2 hours later
the women: have you reset your router...

FUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shengtu
06-17-2013, 08:43 AM
also, what if you go on holiday for 2 weeks? i think it must only apply when your actually playing the dam thing. I'm guessing, also there must be an inbuilt system which will flag this issue up and not cause a problem. i.e in your case, if your internet is not working, the xbox will still be comunicating with your router, thus it will know your router is on, but there is a internet problem and therefore allow full tempory play until your internet is fixed.

John Henry Eden
06-17-2013, 10:10 AM
also, what if you go on holiday for 2 weeks? i think it must only apply when your actually playing the dam thing. I'm guessing, also there must be an inbuilt system which will flag this issue up and not cause a problem. i.e in your case, if your internet is not working, the xbox will still be comunicating with your router, thus it will know your router is on, but there is a internet problem and therefore allow full tempory play until your internet is fixed.
Or maybe it'll hijack a random persons wireless network to stay connected.

i_am_TOO_xbox360
06-17-2013, 12:28 PM
no thx i take PS4