PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Accused of Monitoring Reddit, Posting Positive Xbox One Comments.

Name
06-08-2013, 04:39 AM
A Redditor has claimed that Microsoft employees are monitoring the site and posting positive comments concerning their next console, the Xbox One.

The user commented "Just thought I'd share something interesting that happened to me this week. I work for a marketing firm in Redmond that has a contract with Microsoft. I can't say specifically which division, but suffice it to say we are not involved with the Xbox."

During a tour the marketing firm was given of Microsoft's complex "We had a semi-formal meeting in one of the larger meeting rooms, followed by lunch and some more touring. At one point we visited one of the Xbox officies, and our guide went off to find a particular manager for us to meet. He was gone for a while, se we were left hanging in the middle of a fairly hectic office for several minutes.

"Just nearby were two guys chatting at one of their PCs, and they caught my attention because they were on Reddit! I realized they were actually talking business."

The Reddit user says the Microsoft employees discussed getting hits on some of their submissions and decided that they should spend the vast majority of their time on Reddit's main gaming forum, /r/gaming. According to the claims the Microsoft employees were downvoting comments en masse and posting positive comments concerning Xbox One.

According to the Redditor's manager Microsoft have just hired a large number of PR staff to perform 'reputation management' for Xbox One. As the name suggests, reputation management essentially involves putting out a good front about a product or company.

There's no way to verify these claims but they're pretty damning if true.

Last night, Microsoft detailed controversial measures relating to online connectivity and used games for Xbox One. Microsoft has cancelled it's E3 media roundtable and one-on-one interviews with their executives next week.

Source: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/15269/article/microsoft-accused-of-monitoring-reddit-posting-positive-xbox-one-comments/

CloudStrife7x
06-09-2013, 10:05 PM
lmao microsoft would do something like this

TwatSwatter
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
I believe it. Im not sure how I feel about the xbox 1. Im sure it will be an amazing console but the way microsoft is it can be a tragedy.

John Henry Eden
07-28-2013, 06:57 PM
It's to be expected from Microsoft these days, sad really...

thegutta
07-28-2013, 07:45 PM
It's to be expected from Microsoft these days, sad really...

Sad but true lol

Malachi E Zo
07-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Microsoft, like too many Companies out there anymore, are nothing but money-grubbing, Soulless Things. Would I press the Red Button and do a Reset? You bet your ass I would!

Codes.
09-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Does this really shock anyone? They have to do everything in their power to get people to buy their console after how cocky they acted when they announced it.

Squall
09-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Hardly a surprise, after how much the xbone one sucks compared to the ps4 lol.

RevFury
10-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Most reviews for new software, hardware or electronics are "Less than Actual People" if you know what I mean.

NirvanaFanEHW
10-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Not surprised, though I'm really not sure what it accomplishes.

Tsuiokuhen
10-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Not surprised, though I'm really not sure what it accomplishes.

Consumers are so sensitive to mouth to mouth reviews (that includes talks on forums) and they can be manipulated so easily. That's what they accomplish. People don't have much of an opinion these days and they just follow the herd.

SiN
10-06-2013, 01:50 AM
If only MS would have hired me... X BONE... WOULD be winning right now....lol
Shame on them..

Sephiroth
10-06-2013, 03:19 AM
If only MS would have hired me... X BONE... WOULD be winning right now....lol
Shame on them..

Well... if M$ would have hired me, they would have gone bankrupt :111:

RevFury
10-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Well... if M$ would have hired me, they would have gone bankrupt :111:
That had to be one of the funniest replies I've ever seen! Probably because I sometimes feel the same way.