PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft CEO Reportedly Visits Hollywood Seeking XBOX ONE TV Deals

Name
06-08-2013, 07:34 AM
According to Deadline, Ballmer was accompanied on his Hollywood visit by Nancy Tellem, president of entertainment and digital media at Microsoft.
Tellem, who also oversees live event programming for Xbox Live and heads up the recently established Xbox Entertainment Studios, is said to have introduced Ballmer to key Hollywood TV execs including her former boss, CBS chief Les Moonves, Sony TV boss Steve Mosko, and WME co-CEOS Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell.

Ballmer reportedly delivered an intimate preview of Xbox One's capabilities ahead of Microsot's E3 conference on June 10, touting what the system could achieve in terms of offering sports, music, reality and scripted programming, and promising execs that Microsoft itself "doesn't want to be a cable channel".

Xbox One content deals have already been signed with US partners including ESPN and the NFL, while Microsoft said last month that Steven Spielberg is to executive produce a new live-action Halo TV show.

Meanwhile, Alan Wake studio Remedy's new game, Quantum Break, is being designed to "blur the line between gaming and TV". According to Microsoft, how you play the game will impact an accompanying TV show, which will inform how you play the game.

After last month's Xbox One reveal event was largely used to show off the hardware and its wider entertainment capabilities, Xbox executives have said Microsoft's E3 conference will be "all about the games".

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/410749/xbox-one-steve-ballmer-reportedly-visits-hollywood-seeking-tv-deals/

CloudStrife7x
06-08-2013, 07:01 PM
more tv and less games lol

Swiftus
06-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Ah but did they mention TV?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

thegutta
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Oh lord I'm running out off words now Microsoft is really going insane now wtf with this tv shit don't they F**king listen seriously