PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Urges Sony To Shun XBOX ONE'S Pre-Owned, and Online Policies.

Name
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Core gamers trigger #PS4noDRM campaign on Twitter

Participants in a sprawling online campaign have urged key Sony executives to avoid replicating Xbox One pre-owned game fees and always-online technology.

The movement, which began on NeoGAF, Reddit and Twitter, has targeted the likes of Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida, along with Sony America biz-dev exec Scott Rohde, as well as numerous other PR, development and communications bosses.
Core games fans have sent a raft of messages to these key Sony executives on Twitter, asking the PlayStation firm to shun always-online requirements and pre-owned blocks with its next-gen system, PS4.

Sony recently said it wouldn't even consider adopting always-online technology. However, there is some confusion over whether there will be a mandatory fee attached to used game sales. The PlayStation firm recently insisted that it would not block used games.

The online campaign followed a challenging week for Microsoft, during which the company made numerous contradictory statements about the details of Xbox One's DRM and always-online policies.

As it stands, Microsoft says it will still allow players to trade games and will tolerate offline play up to a point. The activation fee attached to each pre-owned game purchase is not finalised, nor is the length of time that Xbox One owners will be able to play offline.

Now the reach of the #PS4noDRM campaign has extended to Microsoft executives, including Larry Hryb, Phil Spencer and Phil Harrison. The aim is to implore Microsoft to reverse its controversial pre-owned and always-online technologies for Xbox One.

Some PlayStation executives have responded to the campaign already:

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/409247/campaign-urges-sony-to-shun-xbox-ones-pre-owned-and-online-policies/

CloudStrife7x
06-08-2013, 07:00 PM
and this is why im getting a ps4 :D

Swiftus
06-08-2013, 07:08 PM
My balls are resting on the table, go on MS give em' a lil' suck.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2