PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Grabs 95% Of Consumer Votes After Amazon Ends Poll Early

xBASSxMONSTAx
06-16-2013, 06:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/sH2n3C9.png

With nearly 95% of the vote (approximately 94.7% in favor of the PS4) Amazon has decided to end the user poll between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 early. Back on June 13th the marketplace giant ran a Facebook poll to see which one consumers were more interested in between Microsoft and Sony's consoles and it appears that gamers have spoken quite loudly with their Facebook voting.

For now, the final numbers read 38984 votes in favor of the PlayStation 4 with only 2162 votes in favor of the Xbox One. Does anyone know how many employees work at Microsoft?

Originally, the poll was supposed to run for a week and end on June 20th, giving gamers plenty of time to cast a vote and comment in favor of the console they were most looking forward to. Unfortunately, Amazon cut the poll short after there was a massive and clearly lopsided showing of favoritism for one product over the other. This could also be an easy indicator for companies to use as a gauge for the potential purchasing habits of gamers and casual consumers alike for this fall.

Thinking about this logically, there's no real reason as to why Amazon would have wanted to end the poll early given all the free publicity and traffic they were receiving from the unbiased and very public escapade. That is, unless things were cut short, potentially, under coercion from upper management?

In reality, the poll was definitely generating a lot of media buzz, especially from gaming outlets who covered the lopsided-as-a-poorly-done-boob-job poll, with an obvious reporting slant given in favor of Sony's upcoming PlayStation 4. It's not unlikely that the whole event could have incurred the intervention of reputation management agents, perhaps?

Personally, I really wanted to see what the voting habits were going to be like at the end of the official session between both consoles, but I guess we'll have to settle for what they ended up with.

Maybe the good folks at Forbes or Polygon can ping Amazon and find out what really happened? If I were a betting man I'd say a very nonsensical and boilerplate PR response is what we'll all end up with. Such is the fate of these kind of events during the propaganda-fueled warfare of corporate giants.

Source - CinemaBlend

U just know MS had something to do with the poll closing early. :lol:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8421/hk0c.jpg

CloudStrife7x
06-16-2013, 06:44 PM
i didn't even know about the poll lol, if i did i would have vote PS4 for sure ;)

Hacker-T
06-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Gonna get the xbox one cause of the exclusives but still gonna get the ps4 after im done with the exclusives...
The pollresult was so obvious... PS4 would win any poll ...

UWSCSS
06-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Voting means absolutely nothing. I can easily go and register and vote up the PS4. This is just useless information to simply attack Microsoft when it means nothing. The Xbox One will still sell better than the PS4 no matter what. I can't stand the Xbox One's name, new policies, all in one useless features and capabilities to offer me sports, sports, tv, music, movies, sports, but I'll probably still end up giving in and buying it eventually because of all the good games they secured with their infinite budget to throw at developers.

SiN
06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Anyone can rig a poll... If m$ said tomorrow, that they was going to drop the used games policy & fee's and return it like its is with 360... Ms sales when go through the roof.. I would bet money on that..lol

xBASSxMONSTAx
06-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Anyone can rig a poll... If m$ said tomorrow, that they was going to drop the used games policy & fee's and return it like its is with 360... Ms sales when go through the roof.. I would bet money on that..lol

You forgot the mandatory Kinect shit aswell. Anyway MS already stated they won't change. Thy are too greedy.

Cant believe people are still buying and defending the spybox one,

I hope they crash and burn. I hate them so much right now and this is coming from a guy who jumped from ps2 to 360 since launch and has been with them for 6 years.

SiN
06-16-2013, 10:44 PM
You forgot the mandatory Kinect shit aswell. Anyway MS already stated they won't change. Thy are too greedy.

Cant believe people are still buying and defending the spybox one,

I hope they crash and burn. I hate them so much right now and this is coming from a guy who jumped from ps2 to 360 since launch and has been with them for 6 years.

Oh I agree with you 100% .. Not getting either ATM.. Just going stay with 360 till they stop making games for it.

hamako
06-17-2013, 12:25 AM
I have been with 360 since day 1 of it's release. The direction they are heading really disappoints me. Yes i have internet and i can say the direction doesn't affect me but. I tend to go on family visits and i tend to bring my console. My relatives don't have internet and i play my games offline. When i do visit i let my cousins's kids play with my console while i hang with my cousins. With xbox one i can't do that. What's worse is that if i go ps4 i have to start from 0. I did so much with my profile and games for 360 and all of that doesn't matter anymore. sigh.

thegutta
06-17-2013, 12:33 AM
I did vote for Sony :D

king skitzo
06-17-2013, 01:18 AM
I agree I was Xbox 360 since day one but now I'm not sure. I might just get both

Shinlucifeh
06-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I would vote for Ps4 too, if M$ is still thinks it´s a rigged poll from a shady company (HELLOOOO Amazon!?!), well they deserve what´s coming to them, doesn´t want to hear the gamers and do it their way!? Ok, go compete with Apple Tv them ¬¬ see if Apple costumers will trade a "video game" for their Apple stuff with social status..... u.u

Gahugalu
06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
For me it's mostly about what console my friends have (or go for); I wanna have the opportunity to play games online with/against my friends; So FOR ME it would make no sense to go for Sony's PS4;
But i have to say that i LOOOOVE my Sony Bravia KDL52NX805! When i comes to TV's it will ALWAYS be SONY!!! ;)

MayaB
06-28-2013, 07:13 PM
ya i think ms xbox 1 will have a hard time with sales but i will get a ps4 first then if i see that the xbox 1 is running with out all the crap they got from e3 then i might go buy one but stil there both dam expertise with the cost sadly and not sure if ill be able to get one any time soon.

John Henry Eden
06-28-2013, 08:31 PM
ya i think ms xbox 1 will have a hard time with sales but i will get a ps4 first then if i see that the xbox 1 is running with out all the crap they got from e3 then i might go buy one but stil there both dam expertise with the cost sadly and not sure if ill be able to get one any time soon.
You can always get the Console during holiday sales or whatever sale is going on.

reckon
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
im glad i preordered mine. launch day edition

Morax
07-04-2013, 06:12 AM
I preordered the ps4 first day it was available. I was not going to get the xbox one but after microsoft did away with the drm and other bs I preordered it as well as forza 5. I am going to only buy exclusive on the xbox one. Myps4 will have all the multi platform title as well as exclusives. There were only a few exclusive titles on xbox that seem interestin but as a forza fan I am glad they decided to be smart and listen to the consumer