PDA

View Full Version : Game Informer Says Nintendo Could Solve Its Wii U Problems With A New Metroid

Serious_M
06-17-2013, 06:15 PM

US gaming publication Game Informer has written a compelling article that suggests that Nintendo could turn around the fortune of its ailing Wii U console by releasing a brand new Metroid game for the platform. We already know that the acclaimed Retro Studios have chosen to create a new Donkey Kong Country game, rather than a Metroid title. Do you think that a new Metroid game for Wii U could turn things around for Nintendo?

Many gamers don’t feel like they have a reason to own a Wii U. Metroid might give them that reason, Nintendo. Some gamers feel slightly burned by the Wii’s slow trickle of exciting titles? All the more reason to release a proven series for the Wii U. Maybe people are worried that the Wii U doesn’t have the graphical horsepower to keep them entertained, but games like Super Meat Boy, Minecraft, and Xenoblade Chronicles have pretty well proved that you don’t need bleeding edge hardware and photorealistic graphics to make an entertaining game. A Metroid game could also show gamers what the Wii U is really capable of – remember how amazing Metroid Prime looked on the GameCube?

UWSCSS
06-17-2013, 06:21 PM
I haven't enjoyed Metroid since the SNES version, so I don't entirely agree with this but seeing as how the controls probably won't suck like it did with the Gamecube's two games, this is probably going to happen eventually.

CloudStrife7x
06-17-2013, 06:35 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing a new metroid game for wii u, but that would not make it sell more, the need to make a new link game then the wii u would sell or do better

SiN
06-17-2013, 06:51 PM
I used to like this game... got kinda burned out with .. seem like it was the same game every time ..... or it might just been me...lol