PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live - update required?

Sephiroth
05-23-2011, 06:19 PM
I was in the middle of a epic fight... in halo reach.
Blue Team: 49 vs red team: 49

I had camo and was sneaking behind the enemy, my evil plan was to end the game with my sword but then... got disconnected from xbl... =>http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/shocked-icon.png ==>> http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/unhappy-icon.png==>http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/cry-icon.png ===>>http://www.360haven.com/forums/images/icons/anger-icon.png

The reason why i got disconnected:

http://worldailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/xboxlive_new12-e1270555999483-283x300.jpg

pureIso
05-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Same here like WTF. :(

Renegade
05-23-2011, 07:15 PM
The new Kernal update has been rolling out in waves since the 19th May. Is only a matter of time before everyone gets it :P

pureIso
05-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Shame my seconds console is 1 red light on me :( and no PSU for my jtag :(

Buddah
05-23-2011, 09:37 PM
PWNT!!

i just wanted to let it be know that my wife had to update her console and it DID NOT flash the console back to stock firmware.
Hitachi FAT. some may get lucky. i myself have not been asked to update

pureIso
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
PWNT!!

i just wanted to let it be know that my wife had to update her console and it DID NOT flash the console back to stock firmware.

Hitachis are not affected. My Hitachi is fine aswell

longy999
05-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Doe's anyone know how long its gonna be before they start putting the update on the game discs? Only just had my Jtag upgraded, looks like it will be going back again.

gawl
05-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Doe's anyone know how long its gonna be before they start putting the update on the game discs? Only just had my Jtag upgraded, looks like it will be going back again.

As long as you have dashlaunch it shouldn't be a problem. It blocks the update so you can play the game, as long as there's nothing in the game that requires that update. I'm still on 12611 and I don't have any trouble playing games.

You shouldn't have to worry about any of that until November I think.

NINJA JAY
05-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Shame my seconds console is 1 red light on me :( and no PSU for my jtag :(

I had to help several (4) with the 1 red light from the update, mostly with spoofed drives! when the update goes through it resets/rewrites F/W to stock (except hitachi, and in my opinion will probably set off a flag server end!)...it was a pain at first cause it stops mid update and cant finish the drive writing so when I hooked the drive upto my PC it wouldn't show up...luckily with jungle flasher if you already have the drive key you can just hit the lite-on erase button and it forces it back into vendor mode and that solved the issue...I just had to use the original drive type or at least a "lite-on" and used stock F/W. the new F/W M $ is using isn't readable by jungle flasher and locks the drive in a new way...some can't be written to again (so far at least). according to C4EVA's site, I dont see anything positive yet! in fact he said if they are doing real time checks and new real time F/W then it may be the end for F/W writing to the 360...who knows! I'm leaving mine offline in hopes for a fix to this and soon.
so PureIso, not sure if that helped but it should allow you to write the drive back to stock or flashed if you prefer but I didnt try to flash and run offline to see if the new update took to the console yet, I just did stock and told my friends to stay with stock after the update until its sorted out!

also...i put my HDD in a stock, updated console so I could use my HULU and NetFlix but it still requires an update so I had to decline cause I dont want to have my offline flashed console be made into a paperweight!

Let me know if anyone has any new info!

shottyshogun
05-24-2011, 05:28 AM
My Xbox is back too stock as well and now it's been three days without COD:BO witch sucks but luckily i have Reach, does anyone know if this update disabled the free XBLA content with the profiles and such because i can't do it any more.

Insane JIC
05-24-2011, 08:06 AM
I haven't gotten any update yet.

Renegade
05-24-2011, 08:45 AM
I haven't gotten any update yet.It's rolling out in waves, So it's random, Should be sometime this week or next that you receive it.

Mayunfive
05-24-2011, 10:55 AM
PWNT!!

Hitachis are not affected. My Hitachi is fine aswell

My Xbox360's drive is Samsung, so it will flash automatically then ??
but i haven't receive any update yet

13Dannyboy13
05-24-2011, 02:01 PM
My Xbox is back too stock as well and now it's been three days without COD:BO witch sucks but luckily i have Reach, does anyone know if this update disabled the free XBLA content with the profiles and such because i can't do it any more.

I'm pretty sure that was the main point of this update, I had a few games and dlc that needed a modded profile and now the profiles are showing as corrupt. Any dlc/game that doesn't require a profile still works, but as far as modded profiles go, they don't seem to work anymore.

VIP Assasin
05-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Is this problem for jtags only what mods do you have on your box's causing the reboot to stock?

CLOUD STR1FE
05-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Yeah I left my console on to get some hours towards my saints row achievement and I get back and I was on the dashboard. Bullsh**

Kraizer
05-24-2011, 11:02 PM
Really, this new update, why is too slow ?

LeonSK
05-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Last updated, n Olets normal. It is a pity in Russia have not added Paypal

Jacimus
05-30-2011, 02:30 AM
yea same here it just sucks :(

shinji200
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm not trying to talk about piracy or anything, but here's some good info about the new update for those who have a modded console
http://xbox360iso.com/showthread.php?t=394952
by the way, you have to be registered to see the post wich I assume some of the users already are :P

evilone
05-30-2011, 04:19 PM
atleast the profile editor still works after the update :P