PDA

View Full Version : Anyone modding Red Faction: Armageddon?

CK0
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
Specifically, the salvage points, which are used to upgrade your character.

Tried hex editing, but could not find the hex values.

pureIso
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
My xbox is in detention at the moment due to xbox 360 update. :(. So I won't be working on it.

Renegade
05-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Specifically, the salvage points, which are used to upgrade your character.

Tried hex editing, but could not find the hex values.Wanna upload a few saves for me? And i'll see what can be done.

uaegangster111
05-25-2011, 04:32 PM
i uploaded some saves in the request section
can you check it

BrayWyatt
05-26-2011, 02:59 AM
is it better than the other red faction game?

Countryboy
05-26-2011, 03:32 AM
hell yes its pretty fun especially the infestation mode

Caboose.
05-26-2011, 09:16 PM
i know xncsx over at XPG has already modded this game. not sure if he has release his files yet but for jtag i think i saw no clip mode and maybe couple other.

scorpy78
05-26-2011, 10:30 PM
all I want are lots of salvage points, cause after beating the game you unlock cheats and you can buy them in the pause menu but they are very expensive.
If I count correctly you'll need at least 5-6 playthroughs collecting as much salvage as you can to be able to buy all available cheats

pureIso
05-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't think the game has a checksum but I could be wrong :P. No xbox till who knows!!

CK0
05-27-2011, 07:14 AM
all I want are lots of salvage points, cause after beating the game you unlock cheats and you can buy them in the pause menu but they are very expensive.
If I count correctly you'll need at least 5-6 playthroughs collecting as much salvage as you can to be able to buy all available cheats

Yeah all I want are the salvage points as well. But like I said, the extent of my skills are limited to hex editing, and its a dead end there -- which is why I made this topic for the more skilled :D

Countryboy
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM
i have a save with all upgrades and about 1/3 of the cheats purchased if yall want me to upload it

CK0
05-29-2011, 04:47 PM
i have a save with all upgrades and about 1/3 of the cheats purchased if yall want me to upload it

I wonder if that will work.

I have two profiles; one profile I beat the game with and unlocked a lot of upgrades using salvage points I accumulated in throughout the game.
I opened it up in modio and rehash/resigned the save to the other gamer profile which hasn't played the game, and I currently have no salvage points at all.

This means that salvage points are in fact not tied to the gamesaves themselves, but to the gamer profile. (This makes sense because the game carries over upgrades to multiplayer)

Anyone know if it is easy to mod the game data within profiles? This seems to be the ticket to modding the salvage points.

v3n3
05-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Someone said something about "Profiles" ? :-P
Download exProfileEditor (its in the "Modding Programs" Section), load the Profile you played the Game on, select the Game and Check if there are "TitleSpecific" Settings.
If there are, they store stuff inside the Profile.

They allready did that in the first Game, I believe.

CK0
05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Someone said something about "Profiles" ? :-P
Download exProfileEditor (its in the "Modding Programs" Section), load the Profile you played the Game on, select the Game and Check if there are "TitleSpecific" Settings.
If there are, they store stuff inside the Profile.

They allready did that in the first Game, I believe.

Perfect!

You really spent some time and made a great program. I compared this to Le Fluffie (well at least the old version that I have, I haven't bothered to update it), and I have to make two points in which I think makes your program better.

Your program has the title ID (i.e. 5451085F for Red Faction) for the game unlike Le Fluffie where it just has the title ID, so I have to go to each individual one to find the right game. This can be a hassle if you have a lot of games.

The second thing is in Le Fluffie, I don't see a possible option to extract the TitleSpecifics files. I was able to look at your program and easily Extract and Inject the right file.

Anyway, as for the result of the matter, I was successfully able to mod my salvage points using exProfile Editor.

1) Load your profile
2) Click on the game
3) Click on the Entries tab
4) Go to the tree, and click on the 'Setting' entry
5) Extract 'TitleSpecific3'

And the rest is just basic hex editing (which I can do! lol)
Find your current salvage points, convert to hex, edit the TitleSpecific3 file, and there you go. I didn't even have to bother with rehashing or anything. The file itself is pretty small so it was also easy to find.

You need 154,000 salvage points to unlock everything in the cheats menu. Then you need extra points to unlock whatever upgrades you haven't unlocked yet (but the upgrades cost only 1,000 to 1,500 each). I'd say 250,000 is a good number for someone starting fresh.

The only thing I don't care for about exProfile is the twitter feed on the right hand side. I don't see an option to turn it off, but I don't care as it is a small price to pay for usage of this free program.

v3n3
05-30-2011, 08:52 AM
Uh, Thank you ;-)

Can you Extract all "TitleSpecific" Entry´s, upload them somewhere and share them with me ?
I want to take a look at the Game and maybe create a "GameEdit" for it :-)

voidmage09
06-21-2011, 03:31 AM
if u want some moding save check out modio gamesave few diff save one with moding game save an diff one that all most don with non moding save so i guess try thos out there 6 diff game save so maybe thos will help u out with a mod tool
well for me i hope for gamesave mod tool i dont want to try an mess with profile if i do i migth mess it up

Countryboy
06-21-2011, 10:22 AM
there is already a mod tool dude i uploaded it in the download section