PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Still Possible

BrayWyatt
08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
http://www.nextgenupdate.com/news/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-still-possible

Xbox One backwards compatibility is still a possibility after reports from a Microsoft rep

http://s12.postimg.org/vkdnosdi5/Xbox_One_Console.jpg

Is the Xbox One backwards compatible? This question has surfaced many times with many different answers from many different sources. Most naysayers saying the new console’s AMD processor is incompatible with the programming of current-gen games. During E3, then-Microsoft-executive Don Mattrick also implied Xbox One backwards compatibility wasn’t possible, going so far as to say if people wanted to play Xbox 360 games they should buy that console. But Microsoft has changed its course on several issues since then.

An interview with a Microsoft rep for the Xbox One has everyone thinking that backwards compatibility might be making its way to the Xbox One.

“I know some parts of the E3 presentation got a lot of flak, but I don’t think everything’s set in stone,”

“I’ve heard the backwards compatibility thing is still being ironed out and might happen. So don’t count on the answer being a firm ‘no’ just yet. They’ve really been listening to feedback, and that includes backwards compatibility for Xbox One.” - Microsoft Xbox One Rep

Even if backwards compatibility is not possible for the launch consoles, there are still work arounds for "backwards compatibility". It just happens to be a clunky workaround, and it still requires an Xbox 360. But, for those who are desperate, it will work.

As shown during an Xbox One unboxing, The Xbox One has an “HDMI In” port in addition to the normal “HDMI Out” port. The HDMI In port is designed for set-top boxes such as one for cable TV to be plugged directly into the Xbox One, thus enabling all that voice-controlled channel surfing Microsoft touted at the Xbox One reveal event. However, anything with an HDMI cable could technically be plugged into that port and run through the Xbox One. That includes an Xbox 360, which Microsoft confirmed a while back.

This may seem like a poor work around, especially because it requires both consoles to be on and running at the same time, because it technically means that you are viewing the Xbox 360 through your Xbox One, but it is a work around none-the-less.

Up until these comments from a Microsoft Store Xbox One sales lead, Xbox One backwards compatibility has seemed to be nothing more than a pipe dream, with Microsoft executives even saying as much. But the company has already reversed course on its DRM and used-game policies, and it’s now including a headset in the Xbox One box, another change in strategy. Is it too late to consider Microsoft may still be debating a change to its Xbox One backwards compatibility stance as well? Most would think these comments are heresay, but Microsoft’s road since E3 has been anything but normal.

So, do you think it is a possiblity. If this is implemented, would it change your stance on purchasing an Xbox One?

CloudStrife7x
08-10-2013, 10:38 PM
this would not sway my opinion one way or the other, sure it would be nice to play 360 games on xbox one, but paying 500 is way to much money for me anyways when i can play my 360 games perfectly fine on my 360 :), also i don't think they will do backwards compatibility even if they could, but i guess we will see

thegutta
08-11-2013, 05:23 AM
this would not sway my opinion one way or the other, sure it would be nice to play 360 games on xbox one, but paying 500 is way to much money for me anyways when i can play my 360 games perfectly fine on my 360 :), also i don't think they will do backwards compatibility even if they could, but i guess we will see

Couldn't said it better my self Cloud :D i agreed with you 100 percent even if they could do it i don't think they will why cuz Microsoft is a money hungry company n the only way they will do is by only buying then through xbox live only so everyone is gonna have to buy there games again n of course Microsoft is gonna be so happy F** king thieves. :D

Serious_M
08-11-2013, 08:53 AM
It doesn,t matter anymore its too late now , most of us wil go for the ps4