PDA

View Full Version : Which Linux Desktop Environment is your favorite?

Ultimarok
09-01-2013, 04:29 AM
I'm going to have to go with GNOME 2 (Now forked as MATE) and the Cinnamon desktop for Linux Mint.

At first I didn't like Cinnamon because it was still young and in the early stages as well as being nothing more than a glorified, touched-up GNOME 3.... At first. It has since come a long way and I now use it over MATE. No hate on MATE, though. (Unintentional rhyme, ha ha ha!)

My reasoning for liking and using them is that I feel they are the most simple ones to use as well as being user-friendly and intuitive. In my opinion, they are also pretty fast and haven't quite given me any problems so far. Any ones I have encountered were easily fixed and/or tweaked.

So what's your favorite Desktop Environment to use on Linux and why?

solid prime
09-20-2013, 06:15 AM
i have only used linux through ubuntu with dual os boot...and i thouht it was great for a free os...almost everything was user friendly but still needed cmd for some actions...

Ultimarok
09-25-2013, 02:08 AM
i have only used linux through ubuntu with dual os boot...and i thouht it was great for a free os...almost everything was user friendly but still needed cmd for some actions...

It does have a "CMD". That's what the terminal is and you use the terminal do things similar to what you can do with Winblowz's CMD.

What's more is that it is even easier to use. At least in my opinion.

Grem
09-25-2013, 04:15 AM
Yeah Cinnamon and KDE for nostalgia sake but its gotta be Live cuz I'm wearing em down and tearing them up cuz I'm a semi nub anyways....... who likes to push it until till it breaks

Myrus
11-19-2013, 04:40 AM
I am not a programmer for Linux but what they have accomplished with Mint(my favorite) is amazing,Cinnamon is my choice of flavor.

ThePrimeEvil
11-20-2013, 04:34 AM
Last distro I used was Mint, Ubuntu's last few releases have been awful.

dawn-hikari
11-26-2013, 02:02 AM
I wish we could move the task bar like item in the latest version of ubuntu that uses unity as the desktop environment i like the clear translucent bar ability