PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good web host...

McWxXx
05-28-2011, 11:02 PM
As the title says, I'm currently looking around for a good web host, that supports vBulletin , and isn't to pricey.

I'm looking for these options in a host:
+Unlimited Bandwidth
+FTP Support
+SQL Support
+PHP Support
+Free Custom Domain
+Unlimited Or A Decent Amount Of File Space
+vBulletin Support

I've looked at these so far, so if you know/recommend any others please reply below.

bluehost
webs
godaddy
hostgator
justhost

I used to host with freehostia, and they are cheap. The only problem with them is the package(s) they have are crappy.

Thanks...

McWxXx

*Edit: Sorry didn't mean to post here, meant to put it in Off-Topic. Minds pretty much been conk'n out today.

pureIso
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I am currently using godaddy for hosting database, google.site for hosting website and I bought my domain name from blacknight.

brienj
05-28-2011, 11:56 PM
Not sure if you need such a thing, but I am taking a foray into off-shore hosting, I'll let you know the results within the week.

McWxXx
06-09-2011, 12:41 AM
I am currently using godaddy for hosting database, google.site for hosting website and I bought my domain name from blacknight.
Didn't even think of doing that. Much thanks.

Not sure if you need such a thing, but I am taking a foray into off-shore hosting, I'll let you know the results within the week.
Thanks

Ex1oN
06-09-2011, 02:14 AM
If you're still looking, I had plenty of websites hosted off of http://www.echohosting.net. Pretty cheap too. http://www.bluehost.com is also good.

beast666
06-12-2011, 05:40 AM
i'm pretty happy with godaddy as well

brienj
06-13-2011, 07:53 PM
My offshore hosting has been great, the problem however has been my ISP and the DNS issues in reaching the site. Others can connect to the site fine, but when my ISP had DNS issues, it really affected me connecting to my own site to work on it. My ISP has finally fixed the problem for now, but I don't know for how long. That's one downfall to using off-shore service, because if you have a DNS issue like that, it's about impossible to connect to it. I have been trying to use my own DNS, but I noticed my ISP blocks it from happening, and won't let you over-ride their DNS settings, so I'm trying to figure that problem out, so I can use another DNS provider to get around their shitty DNS for now.