PDA

View Full Version : F*** XBOX!

Renegade
05-28-2011, 11:28 PM
So..basically this will explain my issue, Funnily enough happened after the new kernel update...

This is a post in the support forum, Due to them not responding to my e-mail a few days back.

Hi there, Okay as of 28/05/2011 I cannot download any content at all...
This started to occur after the 13xxx kernel update, Not only did it mess up my DVD drive, It seems to have caused issues with my marketplace too, Don't bother explaining troubleshooting stuff such as Port fowarding, Region, etc I know all of this and am fluent in this...and it's not the issue here. When the Escalation map came out for example, I downloaded that. and it downloaded straight away, No problems, However i moved it to my USB storage device for portability and to free up space on my HDD, Today the USB got the infamous malfunctioning error, and will not work on anything, PC, Laptop, MAC, PS3, Xbox..none so I think it's safe to say the USB went to the great heaven for flash drives..
So my friend wanted me to come play Black Ops with him, Meaning I would need to download the maps. So I did, However when it gets to 99% gives me the notification that the content can't download. I tried messing about after that, Clearing cache, wiring myself up to my router, my main connection, Neighbour's connection etc. Same issue, I really think, the update has caused beef with my console, I tried calling Xbox Support...and i must say, waste of time, I mean how do they even get their job? Are they qualified? I know it's scripting they read from, But it's pathetic, I find myself telling them about WHAT SHOULD BE support, and how to deal with the 360 structure, STFS, LIVE/PIRS, Container files etc. I'm sick to my head of wasting time calling up "support" agents that really don't know anything.
So i figured I would come and get a response here, Surely some members of the community here have suffered this issue, and can possibly shed some light on my reign of terror? Anything would be great resolving this issue, Thanks a bunch.
Forgot to add, The update has officially crippled my DVD drive, Won't read discs, and when it does, The games get MAJOR lag between controller input e.g, I walk in a straight line, it responds 6-10 seconds after..

Regards Mike

Countryboy
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
um ive heard of a couple ppl with some similar problems best info i can give is try unplugging ur power brick for 5 minutes and retry see if it changes anything. Hope this helps renegade.

Edit: also unplugging ur power brick and waiting the replugging it in can fix some errors where the disc wont read and shows up as a DVD

longy999
05-28-2011, 11:35 PM
Not 100% but I'm sure Magnus Hydra said a few days back that the update had buggered his 360 up and they were sending him out a new one. You should ask him who exactly he contacted to get it sorted out.

Renegade
05-28-2011, 11:36 PM
um ive heard of a couple ppl with some similar problems best info i can give is try unplugging ur power brick for 5 minutes and retry see if it changes anything. Hope this helps renegade.

Edit: also unplugging ur power brick and waiting the replugging it in can fix some errors where the disc wont read and shows up as a DVDI've tried everything...well apart from the Xbox and Window trick..

Not 100% but I'm sure Magnus Hydra said a few days back that the update had buggered his 360 up and they were sending him out a new one. You should ask him who exactly he contacted to get it sorted out.I asked about this on the phone, and they said I wasn't entitled to it, I called a few agents, Nor do I want a slim anyway.

longy999
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
Well that sucks balls, if its their update that buggered up the system then they should replace it without question, I've read about a few cases around the net and everyone is getting 250gb slims sent out if the update corrupts their 360.

How come you hate the slims so much? Was thinking of grabbing one myself to go online with, especially as their supposedly RROD proof as well.

Renegade
05-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Well that sucks balls, if its their update that buggered up the system then they should replace it without question, I've read about a few cases around the net and everyone is getting 250gb slims sent out if the update corrupts their 360.

How come you hate the slims so much? Was thinking of grabbing one myself to go online with, especially as their supposedly RROD proof as well.Too small for my liking, and they still get system errors, Red Screen of Death etc, It's not that I hate them, is more of preferring the phat.

Devildemon
05-29-2011, 02:55 AM
i heard that the old firware caused problems when updating to the newest one

Emerald Lance
05-29-2011, 03:50 AM
I updated my 360 without any issues, and I'm using a launch console. If it were me, I'd just keep calling and asking for a new console; forgoing pride and preference for a free slim is a lot better than spending any amount of money on a used phat that may or may not be unplayable anyway.

Then again, going into detail about the finer workings of the 360 may have just tipped you off as a hacker... ^-^;

Insane JIC
05-29-2011, 04:53 AM
I've tried everything...well apart from the Xbox and Window trick..

I asked about this on the phone, and they said I wasn't entitled to it, I called a few agents, Nor do I want a slim anyway.

What a bunch of pricks.

Magnus Hydra
05-29-2011, 06:41 AM
Not 100% but I'm sure Magnus Hydra said a few days back that the update had buggered his 360 up and they were sending him out a new one. You should ask him who exactly he contacted to get it sorted out.

WHAT!? where was this lol. I havn't post really post anything in months.:bigsmile2:
sorry renny, reflash ur nand and update again:P

PUR3 RAF3X
05-29-2011, 08:53 AM
This Update sucks but for good help we need more Info from your xbox.
A friend give me his xbox for test and I can do with this what I wanna do. Also first I have grab the stock FW and create a new LT and flash the Drive again and all things work again only I have never try one of the 4 games with AP2.5 + This xbox is not Flagged I have tested this with a Tool before and after.Yes guys the sec data are clean!!!
I saw inside JF the new FW store a "F" inside reserved no Idea what this are.
Magnus say reflash Nand but when I see this right then we talk not about a Jtag or i miss something inside your first post :)

Renegade
05-29-2011, 12:07 PM
WHAT!? where was this lol. I havn't post really post anything in months.:bigsmile2:
sorry renny, reflash ur nand and update again:PIf this was the case, I would most likely do that, However without the Probe, I don't see myself getting my CPU key from my retail xbox on the latest kernel :P

This Update sucks but for good help we need more Info from your xbox.
A friend give me his xbox for test and I can do with this what I wanna do. Also first I have grab the stock FW and create a new LT and flash the Drive again and all things work again only I have never try one of the 4 games with AP2.5 + This xbox is not Flagged I have tested this with a Tool before and after.Yes guys the sec data are clean!!!
I saw inside JF the new FW store a "F" inside reserved no Idea what this are.
Magnus say reflash Nand but when I see this right then we talk not about a Jtag or i miss something inside your first post :)Magnus was probably tired and misread, However going into detail, The console is a Jasper Elite, I bought an elite console that was a falcon in late 2009 brand new, which kept on E74'ing on me, So i got it serviced by MS, and instead they sent me a brand new Jasper Elite 2010 model, never had any problems with it since, Console is unmodded, and has NEVER been opened, Nor have i done any form of modding on the console. So I'm clean and not flagged, That's really all the info you need, As it was 100% unmodded.

longy999
05-29-2011, 12:56 PM
sorry renny, reflash ur nand and update again:P

Sorry dude lol, thought it was you. Someone did mention it recently but I cant remember who.

Renegade
05-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry dude lol, thought it was you. Someone did mention it recently but I cant remember who.It was probably MCWxXx as this happened to him.

longy999
05-29-2011, 01:23 PM
It was probably MCWxXx as this happened to him.

Ah, thats right, I remember now. Dont know why I got it into my head it was Magnus lol

pureIso
05-29-2011, 03:08 PM
I will be updating my console today. I will update you guys. I have a backup of the original Firmware and after the update I will reflash it.

Mayunfive
05-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Screw this new update, but if they replace our brick Xbox into Slim Xbox i think its not a bad deal

pureIso
05-29-2011, 03:33 PM
I will be updating my console today. I will update you guys. I have a backup of the original Firmware and after the update I will reflash it.

EDIT: Ok maybe not. New Jungleflasher is and LT2.0 is on the way.

Magnus Hydra
05-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Magnus say reflash Nand but when I see this right then we talk not about a Jtag or i miss something inside your first post :)
I was jk about the whole flashing his nand thing. I mean not all of us make a backs up of there nands before getting a ms update:bigsmile2:. You can get ur nand from any xbox 360 but just not the cpu key.

If this was the case, I would most likely do that, However without the Probe, I don't see myself getting my CPU key from my retail xbox on the latest kernel :P

More details about this "probe" please???

Sorry dude lol, thought it was you. Someone did mention it recently but I cant remember who.
No bigy man its cool.

msc1992
05-30-2011, 05:43 PM
The whole cannot read disc/shows up as a dvd can be a laser issue as well. Sometimes the laser offsets itself. The best bet would to just send it into microsoft. They'll fix the issue for free or give you a different xbox that shouldn't have the issue.

jkipp82
05-30-2011, 05:47 PM
start working on ps3 cfw then. lol. good luck though.

CloudStrife7x
05-30-2011, 06:25 PM
my youngers brothers xbox messed up also with the update but i was able to get microsoft to send us a new slim so now we have three slims in the house, and renegade slims rule, lol

Renegade
05-30-2011, 07:24 PM
More details about this "probe" please??I can't talk about the Probe as it is a private matter. However with it, You can flash your 360 to run unsigned code without the need of all of the soldering and stuff, Kind of like what they do with the Retail test units, to test their stuff for the final marketplace. You can also do this on the Slim XBox units too.

The whole cannot read disc/shows up as a dvd can be a laser issue as well. Sometimes the laser offsets itself. The best bet would to just send it into microsoft. They'll fix the issue for free or give you a different xbox that shouldn't have the issue.

start working on ps3 cfw then. lol. good luck though.I've done a lot of PS3 stuff, As for CFW, There's not really any point, I see no benefit to working on more firmwares when I have everything I need/want on 3.55.

my youngers brothers xbox messed up also with the update but i was able to get microsoft to send us a new slim so now we have three slims in the house, and renegade slims rule, lolUnfortunately my 3 year warranty doesn't cover the recent update, only the damn light errors >.< - That's awesome...I mean, my console worked fine before, No problems with it, the update comes along and BAM! it's fucked, and they want me to PAY for something that should have been stable..

CloudStrife7x
05-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately my 3 year warranty doesn't cover the recent update, only the damn light errors >.< - That's awesome...I mean, my console worked fine before, No problems with it, the update comes along and BAM! it's fucked, and they want me to PAY for something that should have been stable..

that sucks we should march on there door steps of microsoft and raise hell, only if u want to, lol

Renegade
05-30-2011, 07:45 PM
that sucks we should march on there door steps of microsoft and raise hell, only if u want to, lolThat's just great...the television is taunting me now >.< - 4 xbox adverts in the last 10 minutes....wtf

CloudStrife7x
05-30-2011, 07:47 PM
That's just great...the television is taunting me now >.< - 4 xbox adverts in the last 10 minutes....wtf

damn just not ur day is it

ruthless
05-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I LOVE XBOX!!!