PDA

View Full Version : Will modding be the same???

Wildcat
10-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Like will modding the PS4 be similar to the 360 with the tools and hexs and Editors or completely different. Never had a PS3 so I had no idea

Jappi88
10-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Like will modding the PS4 be similar to the 360 with the tools and hexs and Editors or completely different. Never had a PS3 so I had no idea

It will be always the same, unless the saves will be stored inside the cloud.

Every data in this world exist of binary data (01010101) ect , hex basicly convert the binary to hex format for readable values.

The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.
when that happens it will be all the same like the x360

Wildcat
10-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Every data in this world exist of binary data (01010101) ect , hex basicly convert the binary to hex format for readable values.

The challenge for modders is to hack the console security and research the save structure.

Jappi your the best!!!!!!!

thegutta
10-09-2013, 06:59 PM

That's awesome to hear Jappi which means we have hope :D

Emerald Lance
10-09-2013, 09:53 PM
^ This is what it all boils down to. I imagine it will start off slow at first, but once the security has been cracked, editors will be made.

CloudStrife7x
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
i would like to add what Jappi posted in that the ps3 has been hacked already and no save editors(well not much anyways) have been made for it, so far to edit ps3 games you either need the game genie or brute force save data, so who knows the ps4 might take the same route, i imagine the xbox one to be the same as 360 as to when it is cracked devs will make save editors for the games, to me it depends on which system most developers have and are willing to make editors for, im hoping ps4, since i don't want it to be like ps3 where most devs just pretty much ignored it and stayed on 360 at least that's how it seems to me, not that it affects me much since i can still edit my ps3 games myself and one last thing to add is im hoping Sony doesn't lock the saves to the ps4(like they have on some ps3 games) where we would need to have jailbroken console in order to get the saves off the console

Emerald Lance
10-10-2013, 11:26 AM
i would like to add what Jappi posted in that the ps3 has been hacked already and no save editors(well not much anyways) have been made for it, so far to edit ps3 games you either need the game genie or brute force save data, so who knows the ps4 might take the same route, i imagine the xbox one to be the same as 360 as to when it is cracked devs will make save editors for the games, to me it depends on which system most developers have and are willing to make editors for, im hoping ps4, since i don't want it to be like ps3 where most devs just pretty much ignored it and stayed on 360 at least that's how it seems to me, not that it affects me much since i can still edit my ps3 games myself and one last thing to add is im hoping Sony doesn't lock the saves to the ps4(like they have on some ps3 games) where we would need to have jailbroken console in order to get the saves off the console
I know Gibbed's Borderlands 2 editor works for the PS3 version as well. The reason there aren't that many save editors is because the save encryption has only recently been cracked. Add to that, most PS3 owners don't even know that saves can be hacked in the first place, and those that do usually tend to opt for a Game Genie; all of this makes it not really worth the effort to develop an editor for a console where nobody will really appreciate it. The only reason the 360 saves were hacked so much earlier than PS3 saves is two-fold: the OG Xbox already had this huge group of modders and hackers who migrated to the 360, and Sony seems to change their security structure radically with each console (where as, if I understand it correctly, Xbox and 360 used similar enough structure that it wasn't really all that difficult to crack it).

It really depends on where the interest is at the beginning of this generation. Currently, it's on the Wii U; it's the only console that's out right now, its games are in ultra high demand, and the securities of the Wii and DS were more open than Mad Moxxi's lady parts. My bet is that the first console to be hacked will be the Wii U, then the One, then the Vita, then the 3DS, and the PS4 will likely be last.