PDA

View Full Version : Free Pokedex app for 3DS

longy999
06-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Want a Pokémon game for your shiny new Nintendo 3DS? Well, all Nintendo wants you to have right now is Pokédex 3D. It's kind of half way there.

Pokédex 3D is a free app available from the 3DS' upcoming e-Shop. Its purpose? To display information on the series' many breeds of monsters, just like the in-game Pokédex device.

All of the new critters from the latest DS games, Pokémon Black and White, are included. Pokémon are rendered in full 3D - and also in eye-tricking actual 3D, since it's the 3DS.

Players initially get 16 Pokémon to view and read up on. More are available each day through SpotPass (up to three a day), scanning QR codes or via trading with friends (presumably through StreetPass).

It's the first time Pokémon have been seen dressed in full 3D sprites on a
handheld. Or at all, if you ignore the largely forgettable Stadium and Collosseum home console spin-offs.

Nintendo's long-awaited 3DS e-Shop launches in Europe on 7th June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2afnd5UtII

pureIso
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Nice :).
I can't wait for the 3DS price drop or I might go for the NGP if it's less than €199. I will decide after E3 :) I seriously can't wait.

@Longy999: You reports are going to be busy for E3 coverage right :)

longy999
06-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I can't wait for the 3DS price drop or I might go for the NGP if it's less than €199. I will decide after E3 :) I seriously can't wait.

Oh yes, Nintendo news is a little thin on ground at the mo but there will plenty of stuff to report from E3. I'll be filling up the forum with Nintendo posts thats for sure lol

CloudStrife7x
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM

i also want the 3DS and NGP i probably go for the NGP regardless of price just because the 3DS hasnt shown many games im interested in but ill wait until E3