PDA

View Full Version : Gamesaving a thing of the past?

Vaserax
11-24-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't have an XBox One yet but from my understanding all gamesaves are kept serverside in the cloud. Is this true? If so, is that it for gamesaving/modding in the future?

xICEMANx117
11-24-2013, 06:44 PM
its true they are kept in cloud storage but they can also be kept locally too. ive got a xbox one and ive been poking around on how to get the saves off no luck yet but there are people out there tring and im sure there are people out alot smarter then i am thats going to figure out how to mod these bad boys, it might take a min. or two but the x1 just came out but ill say give it 6 months and im sure someone will have these cracked and things will be back to normal

scorpionnet
11-24-2013, 07:08 PM
OMG.....that's too bad, I hope somebody figure it out soon.

reapermech
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
we may not be able to gamesave like on the x360 but we need to wait like iceman said. but there are some promising things about the xb1 hardare that idle has shared in another thread

XajNyne
11-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Might be some dumb questions but....what about people without internet (for whatever reason) or no Xbox Live etc? How do they save? Is this new console useless without internet?

CloudStrife7x
11-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Might be some dumb questions but....what about people without internet (for whatever reason) or no Xbox Live etc? How do they save? Is this new console useless without internet?

from my understanding it should do the same as the ps4, the ps4 uploads your save to the cloud also but still saves to your hard drive, so your save is on both the cloud and hard drive, the problem with xbox one is that you can't transfer your save to a usb like on 360, hell i don't even think there is a way to see what is on your hard drive like on 360 at least i can't find it lol

Edit: Microsoft has stated that they want to allow external hdd to work with the xbox one later in the future, so if they do that then we should be able to get the saves off the xbox one

fromscarface
11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Might be some dumb questions but....what about people without internet (for whatever reason) or no Xbox Live etc? How do they save? Is this new console useless without internet? Microsft said it's stored locally so you can play it when there is no active internet for your xbox it's stored in the cache I believe.

8Ball
11-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Microsft said it's stored locally so you can play it when there is no active internet for your xbox it's stored in the cache I believe.
I would imagine, you'll have to disconnect to play modded saves, let them update the timestamp and whatever hashes haunt it's blocks and then jump back online to overwrite the synced data, or you can just tell the cloudstorage to fuckoff, whatever works.

Is the harddrive not easily removed or something because it's a safe bet the things running fatx, it's actually a rather nice format, doesn't seem to have a filesize problem worth worrying about, not phased by defragmentation and most importantly we have a pretty good idea how it works. You whack the harddrive on your pc, probe and prod for the filesystem and rip us some godamn gamesaves, do it for me, do it for science!

RubySoho
11-26-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm sure someone out there will work it out, since (I know it's different) But the PS Vita got modded pretty quickly. It's a possibility.

fromscarface
11-27-2013, 06:47 PM
I would imagine, you'll have to disconnect to play modded saves, let them update the timestamp and whatever hashes haunt it's blocks and then jump back online to overwrite the synced data, or you can just tell the cloudstorage to fuckoff, whatever works.

Is the harddrive not easily removed or something because it's a safe bet the things running fatx, it's actually a rather nice format, doesn't seem to have a filesize problem worth worrying about, not phased by defragmentation and most importantly we have a pretty good idea how it works. You whack the harddrive on your pc, probe and prod for the filesystem and rip us some godamn gamesaves, do it for me, do it for science! My guess in a few years they will bring out a slim version with access to the hard drive to replace it and make it bigger like the ps4 allows hopefully. Also it proably does just overwrite it all saves proably have a time stamp to see what what was last played and it over writes it with the latest one.

dawn-hikari
11-27-2013, 06:56 PM
why is it companies wanting to push into the cloud scam the clouds can easily be accessed by governments this cloud thing could become a real problem if the unit is wanting to access the cloud when the internet is down at the place or there is no internet

dereaper
11-28-2013, 12:13 AM
well i hope this gets figured out