PDA

View Full Version : New WWE and NBA games confirmed for Xbox One NBA game may also come to Xbox 360 too

THUMBS
02-04-2014, 12:18 PM
0 Comment

Take-Two Interactive president Karl Slatoff has announced that new WWE and NBA games are winging their way to next generation platforms, together with "other unannounced titles that promise to raise the bar for excellence". You can expect more news about all the publisher's upcoming titles "as we head into E3".

The new WWE and NBA games are due for release in fiscal year 2015, and follow the unexpected success of WWE 2K14. "Our WWE franchise has quickly proven to be a successful addition to our portfolio," commented Strauss Zelnick, chairman and chief executive officer, during an investor call, as reported by Videogamer.

"Sales of WWE 2K14 have exceeded our expectations and the title is being supported with add-on content including a Season Pass featuring many of fan-favourite WWE superstars and legends. We believe there is a meaningful opportunity to grow this series by further leveraging 2K's marketing power and development expertise."

The new NBA game may also appear on Xbox 360 and PS3. "We have haven't said anything about our NBA titles - but for next gen platforms - our sports titles but for next gen platforms," Slatoff commented elsewhere in the call. "But that doesn't necessarily mean that we are not going on current gen, rather we are going on current gen, it's not related at this point. It just means we haven't had anything to share." Presumably, the same applies to the new WWE.

I know, I know - annual franchises confirmed to be releasing annually. Big shock. Think of this as an opportunity to discuss your hopes for the future. We rather liked NBA 2K14, but the game has been hit by a large number of post-release bugs. Clearly there's room for improvement, then13644

thegutta
02-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Congrats to the nba n wwe lovers :D

CloudStrife7x
02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
good news for those who play these games

NirvanaFanEHW
02-05-2014, 02:10 AM
Hopefully we don't get a repeat of the 360/PS2 situation where the developers completely abandoned the PS2 games for their 360 counterparts. I expect it to happen in a few years but I hope it's a slow thing.

scorpionnet
02-05-2014, 04:12 AM
That is a great new for this game fans, it is just not my kind of game

bigballerju
02-13-2014, 01:20 AM
This is great. I can't wait to see what new things they do with the WWE games on the new systems.

FuzzBallDog
02-13-2014, 07:48 AM
Ill only be excited for next gen WWE when hacks can be made for the xbox one.

sXeLeonardo
04-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Bring on Next Gen, hopefully they can put more on the game with more memory available.

OverTheEdge
04-13-2014, 01:50 PM
Ill only be excited for next gen WWE when hacks can be made for the xbox one.

I hear you. While I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's next with these games as far as the newer consoles go, I don't know if I'll fully be on board until modding is available. It just feels like it'd be too much of a loss moving forward. I don't know. It's one of those things that I'll have to go by as we progress.

Derpy MLP
04-17-2014, 01:10 AM
I can't wait for wwe on the xbox one.

fruityhead
08-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Can't wait either! But I'm hoping for the accelerated DLC to comeback. So I can unlock almost everything. It would stupid not to included. If it didn't? Guess I'll get the 360 version instead and wait for the save editor to unlock everything.

seball
09-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Sports games looks very good on new gen consoles but they seems not ready to make the next step. There is always some modes missing compare to old gen

fruityhead
10-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Now I finally made my choice what version of WWE 2K15 im getting! Getting on XBOX one! All thanks to the unlock everything!