PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order, get a DOOM 4 beta key

THUMBS
02-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Id Software's long overdue sequel makes surprise appearance
Having avoided the topic of id Software's next DOOM game for years, ZeniMax has suddenly decided that everybody who pre-orders Wolfenstein: The New Order will receive a beta key. Erm, welcome back guys.

The announcement comes care of a trailer for the new Wolfenstein, which is being developed by MachineGames for Xbox 360 and Xbox One release on 20th, 22nd and 23rd May in North America, Australia and Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EKXIcclBjE0There's also a website FAQ to ponder. "An insert will be included inside your boxed copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order," it reads. "This insert will include a key code along with code redemption instructions. Once the key code is redeemed, you'll be registered to participate in the DOOM beta once it begins. Check back at wolfenstein.com/doom for updated information.

"Although you'll receive the DOOM beta key code with your copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, the DOOM beta won't begin until a later, yet-to-be announced date. We will contact you with news and updates surrounding the start of the DOOM beta via the email address provided during the key code redemption process."
Naturally, the beta announcement suggests that the new DOOM has a multiplayer component. Presumably, it'll be available for all the same platforms as Wolfenstein: The New Order. If you're not so keen on the new Wolfenstein, a statement mailed to Eurogamer hints that there may be other ways to access the beta.

"Timing and availability of future beta programs for Doom is to be determined," it reads. "The only current way to ensure access is through pre-ordering Wolfenstein: The New Order. We will be providing more information on additional beta tests, if any, at a later time."

According to a report, the new DOOM began life as a remake of DOOM 2, but has been extensively reworked for next generation platforms after five years of troubled development. The below, strictly unconfirmed "leaked" gallery of screenshots (published February 2012) are apparently from an older version of the game - what do you think?
I'll have more for you shortly, I hope. Thanks,

CloudStrife7x
02-20-2014, 12:01 AM
nice to know about this but im not sure if i will pre-order this game still

THUMBS
02-20-2014, 12:28 AM
might do myself dont no yet