PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One Media Remote revealed - details, price and release date

THUMBS
02-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Microsoft has announced the much-rumoured "simple, yet powerful" Xbox One Media Remote, which "is designed to help you listen, watch and switch among experiences instantly".

It's out in early March worldwide, and sports dedicated Back and OneGuide buttons, plus the ability to control your TV or Receiver's power and volume via Kinect's IR sensor. The Remote will cost $24.99 ERP, with prices for other territories to follow. Come, let us behold its glory.
13840Microsoft has yet to implement the console's OneGuide - a pop-up entertainment hub menu, in short - in all regions. Hopefully, the Media Remote's release will accompany a dashboard update that introduces this feature for non-US buyers.

"The easy-to-use remote control has a familiar design with a soft, silicone finish that fits comfortably in the palm of your hand," notes the Xbox NewsWire. "As soon as you pick up the remote, the motion-activated backlit buttons illuminate, allowing it to be used in the darkest of rooms while playing games, watching TV shows, movies and more." Hear that? "The darkest of rooms". Where do you think I live, Microsoft - a cellar in Inverness? (PS. I'm actually from Yorkshire, where the darkness is absolute.)

Let us know what you think of it.

CloudStrife7x
02-20-2014, 08:48 PM
i wont be getting one of these myself

THUMBS
02-20-2014, 08:54 PM
it is a must have make things a lot easy