PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda is Latest To Be Targeted in Hacking Epidemic

Game Wizard
06-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Hacker group LulzSec attempted "an unlawful intrusion of our websites to gain access to data", reads a post on the Bethesda Blog, which explains that the publisher's forums and other sites were hacked. However, Bethesda was apparently quick to act and the firm believes that it has "taken appropriate action to protect our data against these attacks".

"While no personal financial information or credit card data was obtained, the hackers may have gained access to some user names, email addresses, and/or passwords. As a precaution, we recommend that all our fans immediately change passwords on all our sites — including our community forums and the statistics site we maintain for Brink players," the blog post continues. "If your username/email address/password is similar to what you use on other sites, we recommend changing the password at those sites as well. As we don’t know what further plans the hackers may have, we suggest that you keep an eye out for suspicious emails and account activity."

LulzSec had been threatening to breach the Bethesda sites before actually attempting the hack, tweeting messages like, "Big lulz coming up in the near future. Time to show these bitches how it's done. #Brink #Bethesda #ZeniMax" and "Bethesda, we broke into your site over two months ago. We've had all of your Brink users for weeks. Please fix your junk, thanks! ^_^"

This is the latest in a long line of hacks, including Codemasters' site, which was hacked a few days ago. No doubt there'll be many more to come in the near future too. i am scared :(

Emerald Lance
06-14-2011, 08:23 AM
This is the latest in a long line of hacks, including Codemasters' site, which was hacked a few days ago. No doubt there'll be many more to come in the near future too. i am scared :(
As am I. This kind of stuff scares me; people hacking other people for absolutely no reason at all. I can agree with the hacks on PSN, but those hacks weren't done for giggles and teehees.

xICEMANx117
06-14-2011, 08:42 AM
As am I. This kind of stuff scares me; people hacking other people for absolutely no reason at all. I can agree with the hacks on PSN, but those hacks weren't done for giggles and teehees.

I Agree psn deserved it and now you get these amateur Hackers out here Hacking at everything just so they can feel like a big shot cause they think they are apart of Anonymous

Swiftus
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope that these saddo's get caught and get the full punishment of the courts. Then when they are being ass raped by a butch cell mate it will give them something to think about!