PDA

View Full Version : Wii U 50% more powerful than PS3

longy999
06-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Wii U, Nintendo’s newly announce high-definition, 1080p console, is more powerful than a PlayStation 3. Fifty percent more powerful, if a report from Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia is to be believed.

“Some of the developers we spoke to indicated to us that the console will have 50% more processing power compared to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360,” said Bhatia, speaking to IndustryGamers. “This is yet to be confirmed by Nintendo.”

Nintendo did little to prove this, using footage of PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games during their third-party Wii U game announcement footage. Though, the company did create a quite astonishing Zelda tech demo, dubbed the console’s “HD Experience.”

CloudStrife7x
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM
damn thats a lot of power but we will see if it is utilized fully

Emerald Lance
06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
damn thats a lot of power but we will see if it is utilized fully
I don't know, it IS Nintendo; they've always seemed to come out where it matters most. Of course, they did spoil themselves into thinking they were indestructible ("We don't need online or HD, our fans will flock to us no matter what we do" -Wii) but they said they've learned from their mistakes with the Wii, so hopefully they've gotten serious again and are ready to dominate like they used to.

Sephiroth
06-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Ps3 - year 2005/2006
Wii-u - year 2011/2012.

nnaatteedd
06-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Ps3 - year 2005/2006
Wii-u - year 2011/2012.

I completely get the point and agree. That's why the Wii was inexpensive at launch as opposed to the $600 PS3. I am curious as to how much this WiiU will cost because the technology has obviously dropped enough in manufacturing price that Nintendo even considered using it (because the cost to manufacture, and the price they can sell it at, is the most important thing to Nintendo). Short of the upgrade in graphics, it appears it will be still using the same mechanics from the Wii, minus a few (I don't think it supports Gamecube BC), and they probably don't cost that much. But they seem to be jacking the price up on the initial system purchase, just based on how much the controller is probably going to cost (70...80???).