PDA

View Full Version : Record of Agarest War Zero Save Editor

Reider
06-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Truth be told, this is actually for the japanese version of the game but I tried it out on the English one and it worked just fine.

Credit goes to Chaos23 and I had absolutely nothing to do with this editor personally. I'm just uploading it here since I didn't see it anywhere else.

Kakeh
06-15-2011, 12:22 AM
I wasabout to say the same thing. The only difference between the versions really is that Japanese texts is translated

EDIT: well the editor seems to mess up other's stats aside from Sighart's

Reider
06-15-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. Fortunately, the game has no real protection on it so going in and making adjustments via hex editor is fairly easy.

Kakeh
06-15-2011, 12:52 AM
i couldnt figure out the hex editor. i opened the save files in it and the most i found were the names of the first game's characters

Reider
06-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Yeah, those give you a general indication of where their stats and such are. Scroll down a little bit and you should see some numbers. Those are the stats but they're in hex so you'll have to use a calculator to convert them(could do it the hard way too, but why waste good technology?).

I generally jot down the number I'm looking for. Let's say, Sieghart's HP which we'll say is 1037. Converting that to hex gives you 40D. All you'd have to do is look for that a little ways below where his name is and you can change it from there. One thing to note before you do that though is whatever number you decide, it has to be in hex as well, so if you were going for 999,999 you'd want to put in F423F. Another thing to remember is to not go past where 40D stops.

To make that a bit more understandable, I mean this: basically:

00 00 04 0D 00 00

^This is to represent Sieghart's HP. What you want to do is Type in the change like so:

00 0F 42 3F 00 00

Only other thing to note for HP and AP is that there's 3 spots for each character. Rewrite all of them like the example I'm giving and it should work fine. I highly recommend unequipping anything that raises your AP or your HP because you're just asking for a headache since the one of the numbers will change.

Stats and attributes are pretty straightforward and only need one part modified.

Kakeh
06-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah, those give you a general indication of where their stats and such are. Scroll down a little bit and you should see some numbers. Those are the stats but they're in hex so you'll have to use a calculator to convert them(could do it the hard way too, but why waste good technology?).

I generally jot down the number I'm looking for. Let's say, Sieghart's HP which we'll say is 1037. Converting that to hex gives you 40D. All you'd have to do is look for that a little ways below where his name is and you can change it from there. One thing to note before you do that though is whatever number you decide, it has to be in hex as well, so if you were going for 999,999 you'd want to put in F423F. Another thing to remember is to not go past where 40D stops.

To make that a bit more understandable, I mean this: basically:

00 00 04 0D 00 00

^This is to represent Sieghart's HP. What you want to do is Type in the change like so:

00 0F 42 3F 00 00

Only other thing to note for HP and AP is that there's 3 spots for each character. Rewrite all of them like the example I'm giving and it should work fine. I highly recommend unequipping anything that raises your AP or your HP because you're just asking for a headache since the one of the numbers will change.

Stats and attributes are pretty straightforward and only need one part modified.

no no. i know all that. just tht the only nmes I found in the hex editor were Record of Agarest War(the origional) characters. is there something different about my save of what?

EDIT: nevermind, i found them. for some reason I am also finding Dyshana, Alberti, Winfeld, etc XD

i am sure there is also a way to hex edit affection levels as well

some of these people just hate about everything you do in this game XD

Dozer
06-16-2011, 11:01 AM
i used the editor to edit my pp but it would always mess up other characters AP so i used HxD to edit the PP. I dont know if its the same for everyone but i found it at offset 000836e0. hope this helps others trying to do the same

desfunk
06-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Just started this myself. Very impressed with how they fixed most of the originals bugs (load times especially!)

Definitely hoping someone makes a full blown editor for this one. But i'm more then happy with doing basic hex stuff myself until that happens n_n

shingoliath
06-17-2011, 06:04 AM
yeah, im just a plain editor user. donot know any of that hex stuff. but when i used this i just edited the main character STR stats and thats it. but it put Eugene @ 1/1 HP with a crazy amount of AP point and cant move or use any skills. any suggestions on how to fix without the hex edit?

EDIT: I got some time on my hands so imma try random edits to see if it fixes them, since i dont have a freakin clue bout hex edits and such. thanks for the up though!

RE: EDIT - no matter what i did Eugene had way more AP than usual. I even tried just adding 5 gold and still the same thing. oh well i shall wait for final

Reider
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
The editor shifts the bytes for Eugene's HP and AP to the right one so that ends up messing up everything.

There's 3 lines for his HP in the editor. All you have to do is move the second line to the left and it should be fixed.

That should fix the AP too but if it doesn't then make sure there's 3 sets of zeroes between your HP and your AP

01 AA 00 00 00 0F

^As long as it looks something like that after you move it to the left a space, you should be fine.

meanpandabomba
06-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Will there be an official US version of this save editor?

CloudStrife7x
06-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Will there be an official US version of this save editor?

McWxXx is planing on making a us verison save editor, just check this thread for progress updates

http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?171-S.A.M.-Modding-Heaven-Verison-2.7.1/page24&p

chaos23
06-20-2011, 07:14 PM
I am actually working on this i just began my work on my English version save editor

Nerox
06-20-2011, 07:25 PM
I am actually working on this i just began my work on my English version save editor

Great news! can't wait :-c

zaieon
06-23-2011, 06:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can learn how to read codes for HxD... I want to learn too xD

Souji Tendou
06-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi guys, I'm new at Save Editor so if what I'm about to ask is stupid please forgive me. Here goes...

I've tried Mr. chaos23 Agarest Senki Zero Save Editor to edit my save, I only edited my Gold, TP, and PP amount to 999 (testing purpose), but when I tried to loads my Save, my game freeze. Fyi, I'm using Usbxtaf to extract the Save data from my USB stick, deletes the save then copasta the edited save into it. Is there anyone here knows what I've done wrong?

Also, I've tried HxD to edit the save but I can only see unreadable text on the right table x_x, is there some trick I need to know so that I know what to edit and whatnot?

Thanks in advance.

Reider
06-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Hi guys, I'm new at Save Editor so if what I'm about to ask is stupid please forgive me. Here goes...

I've tried Mr. chaos23 Agarest Senki Zero Save Editor to edit my save, I only edited my Gold, TP, and PP amount to 999 (testing purpose), but when I tried to loads my Save, my game freeze. Fyi, I'm using Usbxtaf to extract the Save data from my USB stick, deletes the save then copasta the edited save into it. Is there anyone here knows what I've done wrong?

Also, I've tried HxD to edit the save but I can only see unreadable text on the right table x_x, is there some trick I need to know so that I know what to edit and whatnot?

Thanks in advance.
Did you rehash and resign your save file before you tried using it again? It won't work unless you do that.

finalfantasylinh
06-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Thank , I looking for the US version.

Souji Tendou
06-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Did you rehash and resign your save file before you tried using it again? It won't work unless you do that.
Wow, thanks a lot dude, thanks for telling me I have to rehash and resign my save file to get it to works. Never had any idea I need to do that to get it to works. Again, thanks.

Finalfan190
07-07-2011, 12:38 AM
I just tried to use the save editor. I edited my gold, ep, tp, and pp to their respectable digits. I rehashed the new game save, put it back onto my usb drive. But when I try to play the game file on the xbox it just goes to a black screen and sits there mocking me. Please if someone could help me out I would love that. Thank you.

trigunfan1
07-15-2011, 08:09 PM
I had no idea this one came out. It took a while but I tracked it down. Thanks guys.

infamousxzero
08-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Hows the work on the english version on the editor going?

fireboy08
08-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Is the patch coming out any time soon?

fireboy08
08-07-2011, 07:38 AM
or can we just get the all items or all arts update.

samoum
08-14-2011, 04:32 PM
game freezes up when i use the editor is there any way to avoid that by changing the settings to a minimum value?

LoDownM
08-17-2011, 03:39 AM
You probably forgot to rehash/resign the edited save.

LoDownM
10-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Has there been an update or new editor for this that unlocks all items yet?

Reider
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Has there been an update or new editor for this that unlocks all items yet?
Unfortunately no. The guy that said he was gonna do it kinda disappeared and I doubt there's anybody else interested in doing it.

Could be wrong though. I only did a quick google search myself.

RSn]FaTE
02-23-2012, 02:55 PM
i encountered a .NET framework error message when starting the application, is it okay to continue ??

homura
04-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Unfortunately no. The guy that said he was gonna do it kinda disappeared and I doubt there's anybody else interested in doing it.

Could be wrong though. I only did a quick google search myself.

Check My editor for the game. it is in my AIO It unlocks everything. http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?11144-Chaos-AIO-Modding-Tool-By-Homura

Reider
04-19-2012, 10:19 PM
Check My editor for the game. it is in my AIO It unlocks everything. http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php?11144-Chaos-AIO-Modding-Tool-By-Homura

It's been a long time since I've played the game truth be told. Nice to see it finally got a decent editor though.

homura
04-19-2012, 11:02 PM
It's been a long time since I've played the game truth be told. Nice to see it finally got a decent editor though.
thanks. I made it since I felt like it. it gives you dlc items and weapons as well. and unlocks map. and mods all characters except roaw characters.

Reider
04-20-2012, 04:16 AM
thanks. I made it since I felt like it. it gives you dlc items and weapons as well. and unlocks map. and mods all characters except roaw characters.

Yes, I took a look at it earlier(interesting choice for decoration BTW) and noticed that. It's not a big deal since I have the offsets for those characters saved in a notepad I wrote for my personal use ages ago and the game is thankfully incredibly easy to modify via a hex editor. :P

But that aside, thank you for the effort. Games like this one tend to get ignored even though they're incredibly easy to work with.

RedEye2006
05-16-2012, 12:12 AM
great work

homura
05-16-2012, 01:00 AM
great work
glad you like it. better version is in my AIO.

Agarthic
03-10-2016, 04:39 AM
Well...I guess Ill give this a try

Ywontutake
08-03-2019, 08:05 PM
I try to save but get an error message unhandled exception and it doesn't save. Help please

Sephiroth
08-04-2019, 08:43 PM
I try to save but get an error message unhandled exception and it doesn't save. Help please

If this doesn't work try other tools.

{xbox360} Record of Agarest War save editor V 1.0.0.0 (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php/3385-Record-of-Agarest-War-Zero-Save-Editor/page5?p=321479#post321479)- By matthewjohn
Record of Agarest War - Save Editor (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php/894-Record-of-Agarest-War-Save-Editor?highlight=Record+Agarest) - Repost by jkipp82
Zero Gate: A Record of Agarest War Zero Save Editor By Ryner Lute: T.L.D. (http://www.360haven.com/forums/showthread.php/19046-Zero-Gate-A-Record-of-Agarest-War-Zero-Save-Editor-By-Ryner-Lute-T-L-D?highlight=Record+Agarest) - By Ryner Lute: T.L.D.