PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on hex editing

sadistic.serpent
06-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Just was wondering if there was anyone who could give any pointers on hex editing? mainly what values and lines to look for.

Thanks in advance

Emerald Lance
06-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Start, All Programs, Accessories, Calculator. Switch to "scientific" mode. Type in the number you want to look for (for instance, you have 8000 gold) then press the "Hex" circle (for instance, 8000 will become 1F40 in hex). Ctrl+F and type in the hex value. Type it to what you want it to be (in hex, of course) then save. Rehash and resign, send it back to your USB/HDD, plug and play.

Emerald Lance
06-16-2011, 10:48 PM
i need tips please help me
That really doesn't tell us much. My above post is really all there is to it. If you're having troubles that aren't covered in it, you'll have to be more specific.

rns1016
06-17-2011, 11:23 PM
That really doesn't tell us much. My above post is really all there is to it. If you're having troubles that aren't covered in it, you'll have to be more specific.

Maybe this can help (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hex+editor+tutorial&aq=2&oq=hex+edit)

XajNyne
06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Just was wondering if there was anyone who could give any pointers on hex editing? mainly what values and lines to look for.

Thanks in advance

Youtube is an excellent place for hexing tutorials. That's where I learned all about it. Just a suggestion. :bigsmile2: