PDA

View Full Version : Wii U hardware photo's

longy999
06-15-2011, 03:20 PM
We have seen plenty of pictures of the Wii U's controller but not really anything of the actual console itself. Here's a couple I found on the net showing the console up close. Looks a lot like the original Wii in terms of style.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2011/06/wiiuside.jpg

CloudStrife7x
06-15-2011, 04:00 PM
that really does look like a wii, not a very good looking console, looks very plain

8Ball
06-15-2011, 05:04 PM
hmmmm i see air vents, combine child-friendly lead free solder (they will splurge on this and yet not on decent paste to counter it...) and high performance graphics and we may be looking at the next flatliner, wonder what snazzy media friendly name this particular brand of thermal death will have, Orange Dot'ta Death or ODD for short?
Pretty much looks like an external HDD which is perfect for when we do enable said external drives, we can use a WiiUs case to make twins!

i see they took the usb ports off, can you say network drive? silly rabbits, ethernet is faster anyway.

Serious_M
06-15-2011, 05:46 PM
The console is like extra slim i like that

nnaatteedd
06-29-2011, 08:44 PM
They're just trying to appeal to everyone without making any bold statements by the plain design. I agree that ethernet is faster, but Wifi is so convenient, lol. I can't believe the GC BC has been removed. Looks like they bumped up the fans to compensate for the amount of raw power increase it's recieving.