PDA

View Full Version : Iwata on Wii U controller range

longy999
06-15-2011, 08:48 PM

We know that you won't be able to take the Wii U controller out of the house to play games but will you be able to play in a different room? Over to Nintendo President Satoru Iwata to explain the range of the new Wii U controller.

"We are not saying we can get away from the living room at all," Iwata told Time. "What I'm saying is that we shall be less dependent on the home TV set; more specifically, the images and all the others are processed within the inside of the console of the Wii U, not in the controller. So, for example, you cannot just take away the controller and continue playing."

But Iwata added that it would be possible to continue playing in another room in the house, provided the walls aren't too thick!

"[It will have] a certain range. Also, it is possible for you to be in a separate room from the living room where the console of the Wii U will be located. However, dependent upon the thickness, for example, of the wall, we cannot tell if you will be able to smoothly play on that."

Emerald Lance
06-15-2011, 09:00 PM
I once played a round of Dead Or Alive 4 in the kitchen, all the way across the house from the living room, and I won. That's how a REAL man plays video games!

longy999
06-15-2011, 09:03 PM
I once played a round of Dead Or Alive 4 in the kitchen, all the way across the house from the living room, and I won. That's how a REAL man plays video games!

lol, I'll have to give that a try although I'm pretty sure I'll just get my ass handed to me.

Emerald Lance
06-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, I wasn't playing online, I was using my best character (Leon), I was fighting the easiest character (Eliot), and I was playing on easy. But that's beside the point...

longy999
06-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, I wasn't playing online, I was using my best character (Leon), I was fighting the easiest character (Eliot), and I was playing on easy. But that's beside the point...

Ah well, still prety impressive non-the-less, that game can be a bitch when it wants to be, that cheap ass last boss needs a bullet

Emerald Lance
06-16-2011, 02:20 AM
Ah well, still prety impressive non-the-less, that game can be a bitch when it wants to be, that cheap ass last boss needs a bullet
YES PLEASE! I mean, did ANYBODY enjoy fighting her? She had a horrible case of SNK Boss Syndrome. I never did get used to fighting her, and I don't look forward to doing so on the 3DS title.

nnaatteedd
06-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I once bowled a perfect game on Wii Sports in my hallway adjacent to the living room without even looking at the screen, lol.
This play the game without the TV on would be such a great idea if I were under 12 and only had one family TV in the house (which growing up, there was a TV in every room of the house, so even then no need for sed screen.