PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City

Outblast
06-16-2011, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOkUWR8DAFM&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIutU0MKWZk&feature=relmfu

Yes. A new Resident Evil will show up. From what i see is damn good looking ... :-c

CloudStrife7x
06-16-2011, 03:50 PM
nice videos and pics, this game looks awesome i love the resident evil games and glad they are returning to racoon city

Original Boss
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
This looks pretty decent thanks for the video and pictures man

Emerald Lance
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow. So if you're bleeding, then the zombies swarm you. That's actually a pretty nice touch. I can't wait to get my hands on this game. ^-^

Outblast
06-16-2011, 08:02 PM
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Developer(s) Slant Six Games

Publisher(s) Capcom
Director(s) Adam Bullied
Producer(s) Masachika Kawata
Series Resident Evil
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
Release date(s) Q4 2011
Genre(s) Third-person shooter
Mode(s) Single-player, multiplayer

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is an upcoming 2011 third-person shooter video game for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, co-developed by Slant Six Games and Capcom, and currently scheduled for a release in late 2011. It is part of the Resident Evil series.

Plot

The game takes place during the events of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and is set in Raccoon City, whose residents have been turned into zombies after an outbreak of the T-virus, a biological weapon illegally developed by the pharmaceutical company Umbrella. The story is a reinterpretation of the events that occurred in the original games, changing certain facts in the series. Players will take the role of either an officer of the Umbrella Security Service (USS), or a member of a United States Special Operations task-force. Both have vastly different objectives: Members of the USS are tasked with destroying evidence of Umbrella's illegal activities, including killing survivors of the outbreak, while the Special Operations team has to expose the actions of the company. Operation Raccoon City will allow the player to make decisions that could have major repercussions on the series' storyline, such as causing the death of Resident Evil 2 protagonist Leon S. Kennedy.
Gameplay

There are six playable characters in the game, Vector, Spectre, Beltway, Four-Eyes, Lupo and Bertha. Each have their own unique abilities; Vector is the team's recon expert and is equipped with a cloaking ability, Beltway is proficient in the use of explosives, Bertha is the medic who can heal her comrades, Spectre is the team's surveillance class and sharpshooter, Four-Eyes is the scientist of the group with the ability to program the BOWs, and then there is Lupo who is an Assault class/Team Leader as shown in a recent trailer. Alongside the single-player mode, the game will also offer four-player co-operative gameplay, which pits the USS against the US Special Operations task-force.
Development

The idea for the game came about during the development of Lost Planet 2. The May 2011 edition of the Official Xbox Magazine, to be released on April 5, shows an image of an individual in a gas mask along Umbrella, Inc. logo on the issue's cover. On November 1, 2010 Kotaku reported on a rumor that Slant Six Games, developer of SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, was developing Resident Evil: Raccoon City. On its website, Slant Six Games wrote that it was currently developing "an amazing new project" that was unannounced, which was developed in conjunction with a "new publishing partner on a world class franchise."

In an interview with 1up.com, Masachika Kawata estimated the game, as of March, 2011, to be 45% complete. According to Kawata, there are currently discussions on introducing new "bio-organic weapon" enemy creatures into the game.

alig200
06-25-2011, 08:59 AM
I love Resident Evil games but Operation Raccoon seems kinda iffy so far. It could be just that i can see the Socom Element put into it. Might change when it releases so fingers crossed.

saxor29
07-28-2011, 08:42 PM
That looks pretty very good,very interesting

Swiftus
07-28-2011, 10:33 PM
This does look very promising indeed, thanks for posting the vid

pureIso
07-28-2011, 10:54 PM
There was a game play from comic con. I dont have the link but it makes me want this game even more...