PDA

View Full Version : [News] Turtle Rock claim Evolve will have "A LOT more content" than Left 4 Dead

THUMBS
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
We feel like we're making something people will be playing for a long time to come."
Evolve naturally invites comparisons with the development team Turtle Rock's previous title Left 4 Dead - which had an impressive raft of content. But like the forthcoming shooter's Goliath creature, the developer is promising to make their new monster grow even bigger.

In an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit, a selection of artists from the studio said that Evolve will feature a lot of procedural content. "Combine the procedural systems with multiple maps, multiple hunters, multiple monsters, multiple wildlife species...you end up with a game with a crap load of diversity."
14532Years later people are still playing a lot of L4D, and straight out of the box Evolve will have A LOT more content than L4D shipped with...pile on some great post launch support and content...we feel like we're making something people will be playing for a long time to come."

Though the AMA itself eventually had to be cancelled due to technical difficulties, it wasn't before a few more precious nuggets of information could be gleamed from the event such as how Turtle Rock want their hunters to be distinctive: "We love it when people fall in love with a particular character and we've got a lot of hunters each with their own specific theme and attitude. For inspiration we look for archetypes. Cultural icons that we can use as a springboard. Fictional people fans can identify with."14533As for the monsters, the team went about designing them to be simply "terrifying" and took inspiration from, amusingly enough, real life: "We look at a lot of real life monsters for inspiration. Ever seen a viperfish? Nature has a tendency to be able to create more horrible things than we could ever imagine. We also looked at a lot of the classic movie monsters...Godzilla, King Kong...Goliath for example has a little of both in his DNA."

Finally, the developers also justified why they decided to go with CryEngine 3 for the upcoming shooter, saying that the choice was literally down to the nature of combat they wanted to encourage: "The design of Evolve requires a lot of places to skulk and hide. Best place for that is in a big alien wilderness. CryEngine is really great with environments with lots of vegetation. Simple as that."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TpwAUfkHwVAI don't know about you guys, but I'm very much looking forward to Evolve. It's due out on Xbox One later this year - for more, here's Ed getting his claws into the first revealed monster for the game, the Goliath.

scorpionnet
04-06-2014, 04:48 PM
I like that game, I will definitely get it. Thanks thumbs32

THUMBS
04-06-2014, 04:53 PM
I like that game, I will definitely get it. Thanks thumbs32

yes m8 for sure it looks awesome :]

devilswarchild
04-06-2014, 09:22 PM
it looks amazingly incredibly a first person "jurassic park" type rpg i will definitely get this