PDA

View Full Version : Ironfall is Minecraft's version of Titanfall

THUMBS
04-08-2014, 12:33 PM
A mod called Ironfall is now available for the insanely popular crafting game Minecraft, and it's a very clever copy of Titanfall. One catch: it's only on PC.

Actually, there are several catches. Ironfall is only playable on the PC version of Minecraft, and at this stage only has one mode, an Attrition-like (Deathmatch) mode where it's first to 100 and on one map, Rise. While the player count is higher per side (8 vs 8 instead of 6 vs 6), teams can only call in four Golems (the equivalent of Titans). The real kicker is that you can't wall run, either.

However, double jumps, climbing inside and ejecting from the Golem as well a good number of weapons have been implemented. "When we saw Titanfall, we knew right away that we would have to try and remake it, to the best of our abilities, in Minecraft. This is Ironfall, the product of that idea," said its creators on Imgur. "If you call your Golem in while under a glass roof the Golem will smash through into the building below. Just a fun little effect that we wanted to include from the start. We already have many weapons made in game, but are working on new features. Golem types, wall running, gamemodes and more are coming soon!"

Frankly, its astounding that not only has a map been recreated so comprehensively, but that a game not designed for first-person shooters can accommodate the genre so well. As a proof of concept it's very cool, though I'm not sure I'd want to play it for more a couple of matches.

You can see Ironfall in action right here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JCL_ZAvkgRg

thegutta
04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
This game make me want to throw up lol but great share for the fanboys :D

THUMBS
04-08-2014, 03:25 PM
This game make me want to throw up lol but great share for the fanboys :D

lol i dont play it myself.my kids love it an that stampy chap