PDA

View Full Version : [News] Microsoft files trademark for something called Screamride

THUMBS
04-17-2014, 06:16 PM
It's registered as an 'online computer game,' apparently
In this day and age, a company filing a trademark for something doesn't mean much. It certainly doesn't mean that a new Xbox game is definitely, 100% in development. But hey, it might mean exactly that.

The trademark application in question, which was filed on 9th April with the United States Patent & Trademark Office, doesn't say much about Screamride other than that it's planned to be an 'online computer game.' It could be Xbox One, but then again it could be a mobile title, so keep those expectations firmly in check.
14686Microsoft issued a statement to Gamespot on the matter, which doesn't really say much of anything. "Microsoft often acquires various trademarks as part of its ongoing business strategy, but beyond that we have no comment." That clears that up then.

Microsoft also recently filed a patent for something called "Secrets and Treasure" - at least the internet managed to dig up a screenshot of that one.

Stay tuned for more as we hear it. I can't help but feel a faint glimmer of excitement for something called 'Screamride.' A roller coaster simulator, perhaps? An onrails horror title? Don't disappoint us, MS.

DelBoy
04-17-2014, 08:17 PM
My guess a Rollercoaster theme park ride game for the Kinect lol dubbed a simulator lmfao......

nukethesun
04-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Secrets and treasure is a WIN 8 game

lickerout
04-18-2014, 03:04 AM
i'm wondering if they are thinking of putting the oculus (the 3d visor atleast i think that was what it was called) as equiptment for xbox one and are designing a game to go with it (some kind of rollercoaster sim or something) it's bad enough with mirrors edge.