PDA

View Full Version : [News] Xbox One external storage will support up to two USB 3.0 drives

THUMBS
05-22-2014, 04:19 PM
"We are not putting a limit on size"
Microsoft's omnipresent inside man Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb has been hanging around on Reddit answering a variety of questions about the incoming system update that will make Xbox One compatible with external storage devices.

According to the Major, your Xbox One will work with both USB-powered drives and drives that require their own power source. "I am using a bus powered drive with no issues," he told fans on one Reddit thread. The drive in question, which Major also posted a link to, is a 4TB Seagate number. He also says that it doesn't matter what format your drive is originally: "When you plug your drive in the first time, the console prepares it for use for storage. From that point forward, you can only use it with an Xbox One."

In response to multiple questions about the maximum drive size allowed, Nelson replied that "we are not putting a limit on size." You can also plug in two drives at once: the console will support up to two USB 3.0 drives, which you can rename to whatever you like.15005Does that answer all your burning questions about the update? We'll keep an eye on Reddit and update this post as soon as we dig up any more information.

electricone
05-22-2014, 08:13 PM
yeah unfort u have to have atleast a 256gb 3.0 flash drive and they are all over a $100 some even $200 something. which i dont play that many games so i wouldn't need one but hopefully since they are allowing external hard drvies maybe it'll make it possible to create a save editor for xbox one games. cause thats all u really needed atleast in order to mod a game with an editor is save game files from 360 to usb an plug usb to pc an extract files to pc mod them replace on usb and load back in 360. so its possible to do that when it updates but i dont know what all u would actually need to make a save editor.

xICEMANx117
05-23-2014, 09:35 AM
Im just Hoping that after this patch we can start getting some Games saves off the HDDs so we can go back to modding, im sure they are close to the xbone being hacked ive been seeing alot of games being dropped on torrent sites so i hope its soon