PDA

View Full Version : [News] Crackdown 3 will be announced for Xbox One today, claims report

THUMBS
06-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Source" pops the cork on another Xbox exclusive
The nigh-mythical Crackdown 3 will be announced at tonight's Xbox E3 press event, according to a Develop source. Rumour has it that the game will be a "game" of some description, which can run on hardware that plays games, such as either the Xbox One or the Xbox 360 or both or neither. Sorry, there's not much to add at this stage.

Microsoft's Phil Spencer has been throwing around the idea of a new Crackdown for months. Last June, he suggested that it would only happen "given the right team and time", but added that the franchise's mix of open world chaos and online co-op would be a "natural fit" for the Xbox One cloud. Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian has denied any involvement.

Personally, I'm very much of the opinion that a new Crackdown needs to happen, but I'm concerned that it would compete with Insomniac's Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive - also a colourful, co-op-heavy open world actioner with OTT traversal abilities and weapons. What do you think?

corrison
06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
I would love to see another crackdown game :108:

THUMBS
06-09-2014, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQphk81Koo0&feature=player_detailpage
looking good

corrison
06-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Mind = Blown
:008:

mjmuck
10-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Glad they kept the same narrator too! I hope it's even more co-op heavy than 1/2. Now I have to get a new console...thanks for the video. I didn't know anything about this!