PDA

View Full Version : #Oblivion Save Game Mod Help Please

tsnw
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Is it possible to mod your total health/magika to a certain number for Oblivion or can it only be changed through race/gender/skill level? Any insight is much obliged, It can be done in Modio but i have to be VIP ($10) which is a lot for changing two things.
Is there other free save game editors for Oblivion that will do what i want.
If it can only be done with a hex editor please can someone give me name of editor to use and info on what to change I have allready moded all my stats using Horizon
Many thanks in advance to anyone that helps.

Emerald Lance
06-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Absolutely! It can only be modded to a certain number with hex alone (I don't remember if it's 255 or 65535, one or the other for sure) but there are modding glitches to get it even higher. But if you want a program to do it for free, you have two good options. Wait for Mojo to complete his save editor (I'm not sure if he's said it will be free or not, though) or download the Horizon beta; they've got a tool for editing almost everything (you only have to pay if you want to use the inventory editor) including HP and MP. If you've already modding using Horizon though, that's the max you can get without using those modding glitches I was talking about earlier, even with a hex editor.

Normally I would recommend the editor that comes with Modio, but for Oblivion I prefer to use Hex Workshop. Just remember that the values in Oblivion use a reverse byte structure.