PDA

View Full Version : Hex Editor

nnaatteedd
06-25-2011, 12:28 AM
This is I suppose opinion, but I would like to know everyone's thoughts.
What is the best hex editor for free? and What is the best hex editor with a license (if there is such a thing)?

McWxXx
06-25-2011, 12:55 AM
This is I suppose opinion, but I would like to know everyone's thoughts.
What is the best hex editor for free? and What is the best hex editor with a license (if there is such a thing)?

Here a list for you...

Best Freeware(NO COST)

HXD
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

Best Licensed One(PAY TO USE)
http://www.hexworkshop.com/

Personally use the latter of the 2, but HXD good as well. If you want the newest version of it "legit" pm me, and I'll link you it.

lickerout
06-25-2011, 01:45 AM
hex editor neo

it's what i use and it does the job

Emerald Lance
06-25-2011, 06:21 AM
It depends on what you're editing. For 360 games, I prefer Modio (free), but there's also Horizon (pay, but you can get a watered down version for free). For everything else, I use Hex Workshop (pay). HxD (free) works almost as good.

EDIT: Actually, disregard that bit about Horizon, as I don't think it has a hex editor built in. Or at least, if it does, I haven't found it.

radroni
12-04-2011, 08:42 AM
hxd is a great editor...and as for a commercial i like hex workshop......but unless you just need a one that pay for...hxd is one of the best out there for general use

Albo
04-25-2012, 04:04 AM
Ahh my favorite tool i love using tool to edit my saves and also mess with y programs.

Disfunction
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
hex editor neo

it's what i use and it does the job

I use this one too and it's good for me.

keven1982
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I personally use Hex Workshop lookon google u can find licence for it or u can always have a free month

DanielB21
10-05-2012, 11:10 AM
I use Hex Workshop v6.6.1.5158 Pro Incl. License By Xeiz.

OGCuban
10-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Thanks for sharing knowledge on this guys as I am in the beginning process of all of this.

kingqueen
10-05-2012, 05:48 PM
There is 2 programs you might like depending on what your using it for.
I personally use Hex editors for my iPod games.

1. HXD:
http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

2. Hex Workshop:
http://www.hexworkshop.com/

I wish you best luck and if there`s anything I can help you with, Don`t be afraid to ask :)
EDIT: Plus, They`re both free.

KillerGeizon
04-21-2013, 08:01 PM
HxD all the way bro,it have Commercial Program quality even thought it's free.

Ralphie
06-20-2013, 03:19 PM
It depends on what you're editing. For 360 games, I prefer Modio (free), but there's also Horizon (pay, but you can get a watered down version for free). For everything else, I use Hex Workshop (pay). HxD (free) works almost as good.

EDIT: Actually, disregard that bit about Horizon, as I don't think it has a hex editor built in. Or at least, if it does, I haven't found it.

What advantages does Modio have that you prefer it for editing 360 games?

Emerald Lance
06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
What advantages does Modio have that you prefer it for editing 360 games?
None anymore. You have to understand that I said that a long time ago when Modio was still considered a decent rehasher/resigner. Nowadays it's known more for its tendency to corrupt saves. I used to like using Modio because it had a hex editor built in that would edit the save files within the CON file without having to extract them first, but then they took out the function (or at least made it difficult enough to find to keep me from locating it).

These days I use either Horizon or Infinity to rehash/resign, and Hex Workshop to edit. The only thing I would recommend for Modio anymore is for people to stay away from it. After hashes and encryption, Modio is the second leading cause of corrupt saves.

Ralphie
06-21-2013, 01:18 PM
None anymore. You have to understand that I said that a long time ago when Modio was still considered a decent rehasher/resigner. Nowadays it's known more for its tendency to corrupt saves. I used to like using Modio because it had a hex editor built in that would edit the save files within the CON file without having to extract them first, but then they took out the function (or at least made it difficult enough to find to keep me from locating it).

These days I use either Horizon or Infinity to rehash/resign, and Hex Workshop to edit. The only thing I would recommend for Modio anymore is for people to stay away from it. After hashes and encryption, Modio is the second leading cause of corrupt saves.

Ok that's good to know. I currently use HxD, but I'm going to try Hex Workshop sometime soon.

Emerald Lance
06-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Ok that's good to know. I currently use HxD, but I'm going to try Hex Workshop sometime soon.
Just remember that Hex Workshop isn't free; you have to pay for it. http://www.hexworkshop.com/

nightcrawler
06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
HxD Hex Editor is really great. I don't know if it would be too advance, but I like notepad++ that has an editor. Just a thought

milenium
08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
:053: Hex Editor Clasic Program :117:

Ctoorop
08-15-2013, 05:32 PM
oh thats Good!

homebass228
08-18-2013, 03:15 AM
I would like to know hex code for resident evil revelations:053:

DonChulio
08-24-2013, 10:09 PM
SUPER.....COOL....SUPER

undertakerwlf
08-25-2013, 12:05 AM
I've always HxD for my SVR modding.

KillerxxSnake
12-02-2013, 06:56 PM
well is there any game save editor programmes because i am using Street Fighter - Save Editor but it wont let me put the save file back into my usb! Help me anyone!

cukkiara
08-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks for programs, there are guides around?
Thank you
:)

matthewjohn
08-16-2014, 08:41 PM
hex workshop and u can get a crack for it aswell

Primetime1
11-26-2014, 05:07 AM
HXD has worked great for me.

trooeia
05-22-2022, 08:07 AM
"It depends on what you're editing. I prefer different things depending of different games. The same story is with the software. What do you think about this software? I mean healthcare crm https://s-pro.io/healthcare-crm. Is it worth to developed such things? They will design, develop, and deliver a dedicated healthcare CRM software solution that is tailored to a specific medical needs. So I think that is useful for any medical establishment."