PDA

View Full Version : Should i trade my ps4 for another system?

ShangTsung
09-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Ok, i bought my ps4 last year, brand new, since then i have hooked it up a total of maybe five times.. basically, it sucks! NOT because it isn't a good system but because there just isn't a damn thing worth playing for it, so far i have only two games which i found worth purchasing "Thief and TLOU Remastered" and both are incredibly boring after about an hour of play.. also i'm only interested in sp games "online mp has just never done anything for me, dunno why but i don't like it and never have, despite trying it dozens of times on various games" and far as i can tell the future of ps4 games are mainly going to consist of online play ONLY type games so.. needless to say this sucks for me, so i was wondering if any of you guys were in my place would it be better just to maybe trade this console in for something else, maybe a new xbox360 just for back up in case mine ever red rings "i play it sometimes up to 9 hours a day so its bound to eventually" or perhaps a WiiU "some of those Mario games look extremely fun!" i'm just wanting some advice and the Haven community is basically the only gaming site i communicate with nowadays cause every other gaming site is just trolls and shit starters so.. i kinda trust you guys. ;) see, the thing is this ps4 is brand freakin new and just sitting in a closet collecting dust, and of course theirs also the thing with me spending close to 500$ of my hard earned cash on the thing so.. i'd kinda like to get SOMETHING out of it, anyways.. any advice would be appreciated.
:033:

Crimi Martin
09-26-2014, 02:08 AM
Christ! There's no way that the "future of ps4 games are mainly going to consist of online play ONLY" games.
We've got Silent Hills, BloodBorne [Project Beast], Yakuza Zero, The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, Deep Down, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Abzu, Shadow of the Beast, Let It Die [Lily Bergamo], Hellblade, WiLD, Volume and others.
I'd say keep it, and then get games for it as they get released, or get the Wii-U if you want, Bayonetta 2 is going to be released next month, and that will be fun from all I've played [I'm biased either way, and love Bayonetta 2].
The Wii-U also has Hyrule Warriors and a new Smash some upcoming. Wonderful 101 was also nice to play.
It really just depends on you.
I switch between all the consoles, so it depends on what YOU are looking for. Expecting any extremely mind-blowing title will take a while.
Sure we have the games like Korra, Styx: Master of Shadows, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor coming out in a few weeks, if not days, so get those and see if they interest you.
I haven't played the Vanishing of Ethan Carter yet, and I'm hoping that it's fun.
Keep the PS4 and get the other consoles as well, or sell the PS4 get a Wii-U now, and then later get both the X1 and PS4 when they're much cheaper.
None of us here can really force you to keep the PS4, if you don't really want it.

ShangTsung
09-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Christ! There's no way that the "future of ps4 games are mainly going to consist of online play ONLY" games.
We've got Silent Hills, BloodBorne [Project Beast], Yakuza Zero, The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, Deep Down, Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Abzu, Shadow of the Beast, Let It Die [Lily Bergamo], Hellblade, WiLD, Volume and others.
I'd say keep it, and then get games for it as they get released, or get the Wii-U if you want, Bayonetta 2 is going to be released next month, and that will be fun from all I've played [I'm biased either way, and love Bayonetta 2].
The Wii-U also has Hyrule Warriors and a new Smash some upcoming. Wonderful 101 was also nice to play.
It really just depends on you.
I switch between all the consoles, so it depends on what YOU are looking for. Expecting any extremely mind-blowing title will take a while.
Sure we have the games like Korra, Styx: Master of Shadows, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor coming out in a few weeks, if not days, so get those and see if they interest you.
I haven't played the Vanishing of Ethan Carter yet, and I'm hoping that it's fun.
Keep the PS4 and get the other consoles as well, or sell the PS4 get a Wii-U now, and then later get both the X1 and PS4 when they're much cheaper.
None of us here can really force you to keep the PS4, if you don't really want it.
yeah i think my biggest problem is i'm getting impatient, i keep waiting for some really epic game to drop and all i ever see are the same lame fest titles every time i check around, i got really excited about Destiny but that was short lived once i realized it was just a big multi-party "hell, you can't even start a game on that without being online" what a let down.. and then theirs certain games which are the main reason i wanna keep it such as Dying Light but that just got pushed back another freakin year according to gamestop.. there ARE certain games i didn't mention which i had a blast with like Wolfinstein The New Order but it was soooooooo damn short! short to the point of 0 replay value.. Watch Dogs was really fun but REALLY repetitive, especially once you realize that the main enjoyment of the game comes from running around like a psychopath, going on a kill crazed rampage and taking on the police "there is only so many times you can blow up everything in sight and successfully evade the cops before it gets so boring it practically puts you to sleep" lol i dunno man, think i'll definitely hold onto it for at least another year, i just wish they'd drop something, hell ANYTHING that provides more than just 1 to 2 hours of entertainment before your falling asleep at the controller..