PDA

View Full Version : Trilogy was not originally in the Gears of War plan

BrayWyatt
12-28-2010, 02:04 AM
source: www.qj.net

Microsoft has been telling people that the Gears of War franchise has always been intended to deliver three titles. Now, after a pretty long while of saying nothing about this claim, developer Cliff Bleszinski himself has opened up saying that this is not true at all.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8196/gears3.jpg

In fact, he said, Gears of War "never was planned as a trilogy." Bleszinski continued on to explain, "Somebody at Microsoft said that and that got attributed to me. I think if you're the kind of person who says 'here's this game and it's going be the start of an epic trilogy', gamers are like f*** you, let's see how good your first game is. Bring it. You put them on the defensive.

The key is to be humble and be like, who knows? Maybe. It'll be cool. We'll put each game out one at a time and see how it goes. It's like Final Fantasy.'This will be my final game and I'm done.' And it blows up and they're on like, what, 13 now or something like that?"

Fourteen, actually. Anyway, he continued to talk about the continuity of the franchise, even hinting at a probable part IV. They're not rushing ahead of anything yet, though, and prefers to take it just one day at a time.

"What I like to do is think of it as a story bucket. We did the first Gears, asked a lot of questions. Gears 2, answered a few, asked a lot more. Hopefully in Gears 3, answer many questions. When you look at it, hopefully, it will sit together like its own little gaming Lord of the Rings."

CloudStrife7x
12-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Nice Info, i also hope they answer a lot of the question from gears of war 1 and 2

BrayWyatt
12-28-2010, 09:14 PM
i agree...