PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Bladestorm Save Editor [V3]

8Ball
12-29-2010, 03:33 PM
Remember to backup your saves first!
.Net Framework V4.0 Required! Download (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851)

DOWNLOAD (http://www.360haven.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=600) from download section

This editor proudly uses IsoLib.dll to bring you as smooth an experience as it can.

Thanks Insane JIC for providing an American gamesave and testing.

I re-released this in WPF with updated coding style, it passed my tests but has not been actively field tested, give it a try anyway.
If it doesn't work, use Version 2 insted.

Ravanofdarkness
12-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Nice, I'm going to give the Editor a go later. I've used to manually edit the Game alot and it was a pain in the ass half the time finding my Values because there are so many.

DGenerateKane
12-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Bugger, I'd pick this up again if it supported NTSC saves.

8Ball
12-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Well saying that, I haven't seen proof it won't though in its current form its not likely, should be easy to fix if i get my hands on at least 2 US saves, nothing more then a little region switch, hell i could probably make it automatic using JizzaBeezs gameid checker code.
The main thing i'm concerned with is the string im using to search, its so fragile and yet ridicuously important, as long as it doesn't turn into another viva pinata fiasco (oh how i hate those gamesaves) i should be able to tweak it.
Also lv 99 Assassin's are the most powerful unit ever, knife throwing can instant kill most units including base commanders :p

desfunk
12-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow, wasn't expecting to ever see this! I remember just doing basic hex editing on this game back in the day (for the NTSC version). Like many others said, would love to see an NTSC version. I'd upload some saves, but i don't have any floating around :p

Ravanofdarkness
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
I've tried using the Editor but it takes forever to load up my SaveFile and just freezes the Programm.

8Ball
12-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Based on your location you've put thats proof enough for me that the US version of the game is not supported until i can have a look at some US saves, a minimum of 2.

Ravanofdarkness
12-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Based on your location you've put thats proof enough for me that the US version of the game is not supported until i can have a look at some US saves, a minimum of 2.

I live in Germany - Frankfurt am Main but i'm Originally from the US. Both my Console and Copy of Bladestorm are PAL.

Insane JIC
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
Think it can work on NTSC format?

8Ball
12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
I live in Germany - Frankfurt am Main but i'm Originally from the US. Both my Console and Copy of Bladestorm are PAL.
Well in all fairness how am i supposed to know that :p
Any chance you can upload your save(s)? All i need to go with it is the name of your character and the gold, the rest should be where i expect it.
This does mean i still need to find a US user though :(

Also the little video is working as well i trust? I was just mucking about with the components but if it works ill keep it in, especially since it doesn't even dent the filesize.

Insane JIC
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
I can confirm that this version doesn't work with NTSC saves

8Ball
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh it does now :bigsmile2:
I also fixed that small rehash problem, forgot the keyvault. :sweatdrop:

Insane JIC
06-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Oh it does now :bigsmile2:
I also fixed that small rehash problem, forgot the keyvault. :sweatdrop:

LOL i know, really good job 8ball.

BTW can you go beyond lvl 99?

Jappi88
06-30-2011, 08:28 PM
your source link is down... could you reupload?

Thanks.

8Ball
06-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Nope, lv 99s the top, you dont gain anymore exp.
You wouldn't want to anyway when you get your hands on that knive squad, the ninjas are absolute overkill as well as asassins, they're my all purpose gtfo squad when i can't be bothered to fight the french.

I'd also like to curse my dependence on x360.dll on the grounds its usage warrants blatant easymode theft, then again the fact that anything ive coded works is amazing in itself, study on learners!
The particular learning highlights of this one is using a filename to determine which set of instructions to carry out, since this game has the same id regardless of region, yet slightly different saves, tricking the editor results in it doing nothing so its for the most part idiot proof, i do love a nice idiot proofing.

Frankly im flattered my other stuff is turning up on other sites that i have absolutely no idea about, if i didn't stamp my name into these things there'd be no damn idea i made it, i need a logo...

Source updated.

Insane JIC
06-30-2011, 10:43 PM
I just did it for the fun of it increase lvl to 999 and it does seems to work. I wonder if you could mod your stats...

13Dannyboy13
07-04-2011, 02:19 AM
I just picked this game up again, can't wait to try out the editor, so much faster than doing it manually. Nice job!

porter20
07-07-2011, 07:51 PM
doesnt seem to work keep getting a error message ever time I try to load a save/

8Ball
07-07-2011, 08:30 PM
What region game are you using and what message?
If you have a gamesave to provide that would be excellent.

porter20
07-07-2011, 08:33 PM
a pal gamesave after a few minutes of tring to open the save game a window with just error in it pops up, i dont know how to upload a few here.

8Ball
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Fix'd I think.
I took the liberty of tweaking the ntsc string as well since i imagine eventually the same problem would arise.

Insane JIC
07-09-2011, 06:31 AM
Finally done with the game man this game is so random. You're editor was a huge help...Thank you once more.

ale1__81
07-12-2011, 04:42 AM
thank you than you

ale1__81
07-12-2011, 04:51 AM
psaste friend will thank you very much

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1844/unledach.jpg

Remember to backup your saves first!

Changelog Version 1.5.2 07/07/2011

Modified SearchString - Shorter is better.
Completed offsets
Auto Rehash & Resign!
NA region compatible

DOWNLOAD (http://www.360haven.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=600)
Source (http://www.mediafire.com/?lw1sn3dcihi2pc3)
This editor uses PackageIO Sourcecode & x360.dll

Thank You Insane JIC for providing an American gamesave and testing.

The Editor doesn't unlock squads, it just allows you to beef them up before and during your posession of their books. I'm looking into it and it doesn't seem to be an unlock trigger so much as an item posession.
It also expects to deal with slot 1 and only slot 1, with this in mind i recommend you save whatever particular copy of your gamesave you want modded to your slot 1 before opening the editor, it ignores the rest because they all share the same damn string and im still too stupid to figure out that listing crap.

chaosknight118
07-12-2011, 02:42 PM
hey guys i just picked up this game in the US and my save is not working in the editor it takes a long time to load and when it does it says error and noting shows up when i try to edit money which is all i really want to edit at the moment and try to save i get another error and ultimately it does not work so do i need to be further in the game or something for this to work or am i doing something else wrong?

8Ball
07-12-2011, 03:21 PM
String doesn't seem to be working for ntsc then, not sure what i can do besides look at it again considering ive already trimmed it, which wont give an error.
Any chance i can have a look at your save? (the US version is becoming increasingly annoying.)

I'm working on my end user debug idea which will allow users familiar with hex to override the string in use, if i learn how ill make it rewrite itself as well for the future, chances of that are unlikely though.

chaosknight118
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
here is the link to my save file

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8O0TNZN4

right now i only have 1040 money i've been trying to hex it myself i found 1 hex location in the file for my money but when i hexed it the money amount still stayed the same in game. I hope this helps you.

8Ball
07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Your save's container seems broken, no editing or hashing program wants to touch it, my editor will but only because it looks for only what its told to.

Ive trimmed the string for what feels to be the final time, both regions are now harmonized and perfectly synced, peace at last.

Now ive got a big enough save collection for comparisons, something that would have been nice to start with but whatever.

chaosknight118
07-12-2011, 08:28 PM
glad i could help out a little. oh and i know the save takes a while to load idk why that happens either its been doing that since i started modding it the first time with the editor but its not the first editor i've seen to take a few minutes like that, the divinity 2 DKS editor does the same (sadly that one will not work without a checksum fix), i have windows 7 though so that might have something to do with it.

chaosknight118
07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
TY TY TY so much i just tried the new editor and it works flawlessly now and the wait time for loading in the editor is drastically shorter as well so thank alot and keep up the great work

Darn
07-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Very nice! thanks!

13Dannyboy13
08-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Works great! Is it possible to somehow get all the squad books added? I hate how random and rare it is to actually get some of these dam books.

popmarvel
08-06-2011, 09:42 PM
is this game any good was thinking about picking it up

13Dannyboy13
08-07-2011, 09:17 AM
is this game any good was thinking about picking it up
I enjoyed it, it's different from anything else out there really, takes a while to finish as well, I've averaged about 45-50 hours for the story playthrough, then it takes more to get all the books/weapons etc. You basicly control a mercenary that can take control of any unit on the field archers,footmen,knights etc. there are a lot of different units with strengths and weaknesses against other unit types. Storyline is pretty good, based off of the hundred years war (obviously) between France and England. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it's quite fun once you get the hang of it.

barda12
09-05-2011, 01:31 AM
nice editor ive been looking everywhere for one

drysdale
09-18-2011, 12:54 AM
can someone send me the download link for it i cant download it

funkyducky454
09-22-2011, 05:01 AM
You sir are a god keep the updates coming and ill keep downloading love ya

diva33
09-23-2011, 11:25 PM
The Editor won´t start for me. Have I installed another programm first? I have Win 7 and .net 4 installed.

I tried start as Admin and in Compability Mode (Win XP SP3) and this Error Message appears:

Dateien, die bei der Beschreibung des Problems hilfreich sind:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFA86.tmp.WERInt ernalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3C47.tmp.appcom pat.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3C58.tmp.mdmp

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

any ideas?

Abd-L-Azeez
09-24-2011, 12:10 AM
thanks man . i will buy the game as soon as i can ,

Crimzonsea
09-24-2011, 12:56 AM
Thought this editor was complete, then look what happens :) not complaining mind you, thanks a lot for all the hard work!

8Ball
09-24-2011, 09:28 AM
The Editor won´t start for me. Have I installed another programm first? I have Win 7 and .net 4 installed.

I tried start as Admin and in Compability Mode (Win XP SP3) and this Error Message appears:

Dateien, die bei der Beschreibung des Problems hilfreich sind:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WERFA86.tmp.WERInt ernalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3C47.tmp.appcom pat.txt
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3C58.tmp.mdmp

Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

any ideas?
Thats a new one.
Also that error links to this place as #1 lol.
My suggestion is to clean out your temp directory using either diskscleanup or a tool like ccleaner and try again, im on win 7 myself, it shouldn't need compatability mode either, games like city of heroes and bad company 2 seem to share this problem so i doubt the faults with the program specifically.
If that doesn't work you may want to try some other .net framework apps and see if they run smooth, if not you will want to reinstall your frameworks.

al52025
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
is this game any good. im considering getting it now that i see there is an editor for it lol?

Jaccez
01-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Damn, was just about to start playing this game again, only to find out that the download section is down...

Sephiroth
01-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Damn, was just about to start playing this game again, only to find out that the download section is down...

First post updated.

Jaccez
01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
First post updated.

Thank you, that was fast!

leegin
01-23-2012, 01:24 AM
its not starting. what problems ther maybe?
can start any editor but not this......just nothing happens
maybe some wrong dll or something?? i need something in my system32 folder???

ty

-Source Download Down!

8Ball
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Try it now, I've had some problems in the past with the flash videos so i just removed them, nice idea but so inpracticle, bloats the apps out as well.
I also made some decent updates to the code like improving the ID section so you an change IDs and whatnot.
It was set to Framework 4.0 client profile for some reason, i've set it for framework 4.0 now so that may help as well.

Jaccez
01-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Works great, just a minor thing about the books, could you perhaps add the explosives(guns) and engineering books also?

8Ball
01-24-2012, 03:20 AM
They should already be there, my code sample had everything except that one spear page.

Books are stored in a very strange way, its not completely obvious nor simple, i just managed to refine the string down to a point where i can overwrite it and it will clone the unlocks.

Besides the point, if you don't actually have the books it blocks you from getting the related achievements, i think they are unlocked as part of a trigger which is completely out of the reach of an editor.
Only other thing i can think of is the shop but i haven't found anything related to it yet.

Vincent Valentine
01-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Nice Ball of 8! Lol second editor iv seen from you

Jaccez
01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
They should already be there, my code sample had everything except that one spear page.

Books are stored in a very strange way, its not completely obvious nor simple, i just managed to refine the string down to a point where i can overwrite it and it will clone the unlocks.

Besides the point, if you don't actually have the books it blocks you from getting the related achievements, i think they are unlocked as part of a trigger which is completely out of the reach of an editor.
Only other thing i can think of is the shop but i haven't found anything related to it yet.

Tried with three different saves, never got the firearms or engineering books. I've played the game through a long time ago and I've gotten the achievements, plus even if I didn't have them I couldn't care less about the achievements. The two books are gotten very late in the game by doing a few special missions, but it would be great if you could figure out how to get them early on like the other books. Also I'm playing the Xbox Live downloaded version(dunno if there are area codes for them, but if there are then it's PAL) if that helps. But anyways you've done a great little tool to have loads more fun in the game, so a big thank you for that!

Squarebizz
07-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Ive got a couple of saves if your interested
Would like to see this work for American based version

Squarebizz
07-21-2012, 05:41 AM
Im new here just tell me how to get the game save to you.

Serious_M
08-04-2012, 10:20 AM
nice work on the editor 8ball

CloudStrife7x
08-04-2012, 03:50 PM
kinda late replay, but amazing job on this editor 8ball :)

thegutta
08-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Awesome job on the editor 8ball :)

8Ball
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Thank you. :076:
Version 2.0 is now uploaded, please report any bugs as I am most eager to iron them out.
Assuming no bugs this will also be the final version, disregarding the books for a moment, it's pretty much done and is currently my greatest work to date.

Some things to note: the original version used packageio and depended heavily on searching for strings, it even treated regions differently; i experimented with flash and freaked out about the filesize and errors that brings, at a time this things was what, 5MB? it's around 1/10th that now.
It now uses isolib and static offsets which are set using a series of variables and some basic math, the interface is clean as always and designed to be run as short a time as needed to get you back into the game. :053:

I have done my very best to error check it but i only had so many examples to try out, i am extremely confident it works perfectly and I have thus dedicated it to the forum as a landmark of our achievements as a community, hell the tut i learned from is still here, with the same syntax errors i first had to overcome, i still have messages from various devs getting their little coding booties wet looking to compare notes. :029:

Business as usual then peeps, shows over, one for the archives etc. etc. May it spread across the Internet like herpes on a whores lip.

I C0z I
08-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Good work 8Ball (http://www.360haven.com/forums/member.php?u=207)

13Dannyboy13
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Nice job on figuring out how to pick which save to edit.

cccrip
08-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the editor. Just started on this after playing Warriors Orochi.

bx don
08-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Will try this out thanks for the editor.

drysdale
10-20-2012, 04:53 PM
this is a nice editor

ektarum
11-11-2012, 09:39 AM
thanks for sharing

wmaverick
09-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Hi there mate, thanks for the editor it really work awesome. But I found a lil problem there, when you use the editor it adds to your inventor the last book (Engeenering), retrieving the oportunity to get it. Is there a way to unlock this from happend? The last guy gave me the book and the achievement didn't pop... thanks a lot!

Pax Anima
09-20-2013, 11:08 PM
cool, this will be useful, many thanks!

Pax Anima
09-30-2013, 09:19 PM
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2357/image1hrv.png

If you have a save with all pages and all books please consider sending me it, i need to unlock only one more spear page!
Please note the book unlocks are experimental and will likely block the related achivements, everything else however is perfect.

I found the last spear page (or rather completed an event for it), I don't know if you still need it but I can send you my save with it

KiritoXio12
03-06-2014, 05:10 PM
this dont work foe me i cant open my save file :117:

ektarum
10-19-2015, 10:01 PM
great editor big thx !

cyber9
01-12-2016, 01:54 AM
lets see the download

EagleGundam
06-30-2017, 07:46 PM
Well Thank you for this Gloryus Save editor