PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII FREEZING!!!

darkshyre
07-02-2011, 09:10 AM
hey guys!

Anyone experience freezing of the game any parts of the game?? Mine freezes up on when lightning first summoned Odin (eidolon summon tutorial) then their fighting 2 soldiers and 2 UHLANS..:newsmile089:

I did all other possible solutions at the link below and you can check other freezing issue regarding this at this linK:

http://www.ardamis.com/2010/03/12/final-fantasy-xiii-freezing-xbox-360/#comment-52849

Sigh, is there anything that can resolve this?

Sephiroth
07-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Did you mod your save?

Insane JIC
07-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Have you installed the game to your hard drive?

darkshyre
07-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Did you mod your save?

Hi Sephiroth! Thanks for the reply..

No i didn't MOD my save..and i even started a New game on an entirely new HD just for this..and still the same thing happens...

I've Installed the game on the HD then when it froze i uninstalled the game, cleared the game cache and played the game straight from the DVD (this is when i played a NEW game from the start on a new HD to verify if my HD is defective or my Save game is corrupted)..still the same thing happens at the exact same event (ODIN first summon)

If you look at the site on my first post, you'll be shocked on how many people are experiencing this issue (on some people, their game froze when their on Disc 3) and then Microsoft and Square enix is ALWAYS blaming the issue on the "Scratched Disk" or faulty console...jeez, my XBOX 360S is brand new US version and ALL my other Games are working without issues even if i play 8-12 hrs a day (i always install my games on the HD to prevent scratches on my DVD and to prolong the usability of my DVD drive).Oh and by the way my copy of FFXIII is brand NEW..and i even had tried to return the game to the shop to exchange for another NEW copy and the same thing happens..AAAAAAGHH! i didn't even reached Disc 2 damn it!!!!

darkshyre
07-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Have you installed the game to your hard drive?

Hey dude,

Thanks for the reply...please see my previous post in response to sephiroth's question...
I really do hope that none of you guys have experienced this issue like i did:help3:

Ryudo
07-02-2011, 04:40 PM
TBH. FFXIII is a very buggy game.

I had a new XBOX360 as well myself, and my controller was obviously new as well because of this. It worked fine in EVERY game, but in FFXIII it would randomly make the character stop running when holding the LS button.

After buying a new controller it worked like normal.
The same controller that was having issues in FFXIII works perfect with all other games.

While I don't know how we can solve your freezing; I do have an idea that might help you. If you upload your Save File, I (or someone else), can load it and continue past that point for you, then Save again -after- the freezing part, and reupload it for you.

Sephiroth
07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Hi Sephiroth! Thanks for the reply..

No i didn't MOD my save..and i even started a New game on an entirely new HD just for this..and still the same thing happens...

I've Installed the game on the HD then when it froze i uninstalled the game, cleared the game cache and played the game straight from the DVD (this is when i played a NEW game from the start on a new HD to verify if my HD is defective or my Save game is corrupted)..still the same thing happens at the exact same event (ODIN first summon)

If you look at the site on my first post, you'll be shocked on how many people are experiencing this issue (on some people, their game froze when their on Disc 3) and then Microsoft and Square enix is ALWAYS blaming the issue on the "Scratched Disk" or faulty console...jeez, my XBOX 360S is brand new US version and ALL my other Games are working without issues even if i play 8-12 hrs a day (i always install my games on the HD to prevent scratches on my DVD and to prolong the usability of my DVD drive).Oh and by the way my copy of FFXIII is brand NEW..and i even had tried to return the game to the shop to exchange for another NEW copy and the same thing happens..AAAAAAGHH! i didn't even reached Disc 2 damn it!!!!

Try to mod your gamesave, maybe it will fix the freezing problems :)

darkshyre
07-03-2011, 03:14 AM
TBH. FFXIII is a very buggy game.

I had a new XBOX360 as well myself, and my controller was obviously new as well because of this. It worked fine in EVERY game, but in FFXIII it would randomly make the character stop running when holding the LS button.

After buying a new controller it worked like normal.
The same controller that was having issues in FFXIII works perfect with all other games.

While I don't know how we can solve your freezing; I do have an idea that might help you. If you upload your Save File, I (or someone else), can load it and continue past that point for you, then Save again -after- the freezing part, and reupload it for you.

Hi ryudo,

Thanks for the reply man! And if you ca load my game and kill those f*cking Uhlans for me so i could get past the freezing i would reaaaally appreciate it dude!

Anyway, i followed Sephiroth's suggestion to MOD my save and man i got unlimited crystarium points:bigsmile2: but the freezing happens again at the same part :helpsmilie:

MOD OR NOT same thing happens to me..:helpsmilie::help3:

Attached is my MODDED save game..i didn't have the UNMODDED since i already deleted those since im so pissed..

Thanks in advance guys!

Paprika
07-03-2011, 05:57 AM
If you still haven't got this sorted in a few days, I will be back at home and I will look if i have a save right after the the fight if you want. I remeber I made seperate saves everywhere so I'm bound to have one nearby

Sorry I can't do anything now at my parents house and most my games aren't here

Ryudo
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Hi ryudo,

Thanks for the reply man! And if you ca load my game and kill those f*cking Uhlans for me so i could get past the freezing i would reaaaally appreciate it dude!

Anyway, i followed Sephiroth's suggestion to MOD my save and man i got unlimited crystarium points:bigsmile2: but the freezing happens again at the same part :helpsmilie:

MOD OR NOT same thing happens to me..:helpsmilie::help3:

Attached is my MODDED save game..i didn't have the UNMODDED since i already deleted those since im so pissed..

Thanks in advance guys!

Ok, I'll see if I can get around that freezing part. I'll rehash and resign the Save for you afterwards with the correct Profile ID, so you can just copy it right back.

[Edit]
Wow this is bizarre. Your Save crashes here too. I never had ANY problems on that point with my own Save.

[Edit 2]
I see what's wrong. Lightning's ATB Level is 7.

I know for a fact that this causes freezing in battles. You'll have to go back and re-adjust it and make sure you don't go over 6 bars. Personally I never modded the ATB Level, because you can increase that later on your own, and this will then stack up on what you modded yourself (going over 6), causing the freezing to come back again.

In short, if I don't use any attacks with Lightning, the fight won't freeze. But if you attack in that fight while having over 6 bars, it'll freeze. You can use Summons however, since that doesn't use ATB Bars.

Confirmed this by fighting another battle with Sazh and Vanille moments later, and it didn't freeze. He had Level 6 ATB, which is the allowed maximum.

Anyway, here's your Save File. Past the Odin Battle point. Fix up your Save using the Editor, and make sure none of your chars has an ATB Bar over Level 6. (You can easily see this in the battle, because the ATB bars will literally go OFF the screen).
It's already rehashed and resigned with your Console and Profile ID. So you can just copy it right back to continue playing.

darkshyre
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Ok, I'll see if I can get around that freezing part. I'll rehash and resign the Save for you afterwards with the correct Profile ID, so you can just copy it right back.

[Edit]
Wow this is bizarre. Your Save crashes here too. I never had ANY problems on that point with my own Save.

[Edit 2]
I see what's wrong. Lightning's ATB Level is 7.

I know for a fact that this causes freezing in battles. You'll have to go back and re-adjust it and make sure you don't go over 6 bars. Personally I never modded the ATB Level, because you can increase that later on your own, and this will then stack up on what you modded yourself (going over 6), causing the freezing to come back again.

In short, if I don't use any attacks with Lightning, the fight won't freeze. But if you attack in that fight while having over 6 bars, it'll freeze. You can use Summons however, since that doesn't use ATB Bars.

Confirmed this by fighting another battle with Sazh and Vanille moments later, and it didn't freeze. He had Level 6 ATB, which is the allowed maximum.

Anyway, here's your Save File. Past the Odin Battle point. Fix up your Save using the Editor, and make sure none of your chars has an ATB Bar over Level 6. (You can easily see this in the battle, because the ATB bars will literally go OFF the screen).
It's already rehashed and resigned with your Console and Profile ID. So you can just copy it right back to continue playing.

Oh my God Thank you man!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!! :bigsmile2: Now i can play again!!

But my question is, the save game that you tried is already my fourth try (NEW GAME from scratch) and this is my only save that is MODDED..All of my previous saves are MOD free(since i love to grind) and this shit still happens..anyway, i dont care about that now that you saved my ass...

Thanks a lot bro!! U da man!!

bravestoner
07-05-2011, 06:16 AM
dude thats a bummer, i had no problems with mine! could there be a scratch on the disc? or if you installed the game maybe? hope you get it sorted as its an awesome game

Insane JIC
07-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Hey dude,

Thanks for the reply...please see my previous post in response to sephiroth's question...
I really do hope that none of you guys have experienced this issue like i did:help3:

Well that did happened to me but I modded my save. It stared to crash every time I was stitching characters or equipping items.

darkshyre
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
dude thats a bummer, i had no problems with mine! could there be a scratch on the disc? or if you installed the game maybe? hope you get it sorted as its an awesome game

If it doesn't happen to you then good for you man! There are no scratches since it's brand new and i even replaced it from the vendor with another brand new copy so there shouldn't be a problem with the scratches..oh and my Xbox unit is also brand new..the freezing happens regardless if it is installed on the HD or i play it directly from the DVD. Also, regardless if it is MODDED or NOT. Anyway, thanks to Ryudo that he played my save game so i could get past the freezing part.

Paprika
07-06-2011, 05:39 AM
If you still want me to upload a save let us know, I will be home in a couple of hours and can do it for you if you still require it

nestor_8
09-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Well, I never pass this in the game that rarest thing try changing the game in the store

Genesis
02-05-2012, 12:15 AM
LOL yea if atb level is over 6 it will crash I thought you said I didn't mod my save :P

vjpowell
02-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I honestly never had this kind of problem. I think the game itself may be glitchy. Sometimes though the 360 likes to mess with me and turn itself off due to some stupid reason.

Judd
02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Hmm I never had this problem. Is it a legit copy or a burn?
It could be a bad burn on a faulty copy, take it back were you got it from and ask for a replacement?

hello_hello
02-24-2012, 04:05 AM
I think they solved this already. It appears that the problem due to modded ATB of 6

When you mod it to 6, it will works however, when the story progress, ATB will + 1 once you get odin, then +1 then +1 again when you got the ultimate weapon.

Mod +1 after odin = 7, that's why it crashed

BrightestShadow117
04-23-2012, 10:15 PM
I have a ps3 Final Fantasy 13 save and the disc is not bad (i have tried 2 discs on 2 ps3s) and still when i get to a certain point it freezes i have not hacked it in any form, i even started over and nothing.