PDA

View Full Version : Wii U texture resolution is greater than PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

longy999
07-07-2011, 07:58 PM

Gearbox co-founder and chief creative officer Brian Martel has told IGN that textures on the Wii U are displayed at a higher resolution than those on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games. We still don’t know the technical specifications for the Wii U, but we do know it’s slightly more powerful than the current generation of consoles.

''We’ve got the [Aliens: Colonial Marines] engine running on the Wii U, and as far as the console goes, you’re going to see textures at a resolution that you haven’t seen on [the current] generation. [We're] finding out what kind of final tech specs the Wii U is going to have.”

''But we like the system a lot. We think it’s going to be a really cool stop-gap in between this generation and the next generation. We think it’s really smart of Nintendo, and the fact that as a platform it’s a lot more capable for hardcore first-person shooter-style gaming – for us that’s fantastic.”

“But the thing we’re most excited about is: what can we do with the controller? So the obvious thing for us is that we can do the motion tracker [on the controller screen], or the sentry gun information – all that kind of stuff. That stuff is really sexy for us. Getting the information off the screen and onto this device is a fantastic idea, right? So can we have a HUD-less environment? Yeah, probably. That would be fantastic, right?”

pureIso
07-07-2011, 08:09 PM
We really need an actual gameplay comparision :)

CloudStrife7x
07-07-2011, 08:13 PM
We really need an actual gameplay comparision :)

i totally agree just saying its better doesnt show its better until that start showing actual gameplay comparsions, then i am not convinced that the wii u will look that much better than 360 or ps3

reapermech
07-08-2011, 12:26 AM
judging by what was on display at e3 sony and microsoft may need to bring out their new consoles

i was at e3 and nintendo blew me away with the graphics in darksiders 2 they totaly in my book beat out the current gen consoles (lol 1st time for everything )

nnaatteedd
07-08-2011, 03:10 AM
For once, Nintendo has the chance to be on top again. I do maintain my opinion that the GC was graphically the best of that generation; Unfortunately the only game that showed that off was the RE remake and RE 0. I grew up a huge hardcore nintendo fan and switch over to Sony for PS1, It wasn't until the Wii that I rennounced my loyalty. I must say that we definitely need comparison footage, but I do believe that this will be the true return of Nintendo for the true fans who know what real good games are; Not just these crapwares that they are pushing off on the idiotic lambs. Sony and Microsoft definitely need to start talking new consoles (especially xbox), but the thing that will remain to be seen is whether they'll be able to hit a decent price point (Nintendo included). I mean PS3 was ridiculously expensive at launch and 360 was right behind them. Imagine how much the next generation of consoles with even better hardware will cost...